Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: timecoded vinyl help

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey,
I was wondering, how long does the timecoded vinyl usually last? If it is not that long it is way!!!!! over priced.

Posted Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 7:01 am
@ DJ quickhands, mmmmmmm i think you may be a wee bit mistaken when you say way over priced!! concidering they are the most in-expensive TCV on the market and i use the word in-expensive purely because there is nothing "cheap" about VDJ.

but straying from your question a TCV ( time coded vinyl) is of course a ..... yes you guessed it ..... vinyl ! it looks and is subject to the same laws as any normal vinyl, treat it poorly it will scratch and well you know not work. it does not "wear down" as such. but once again there are little helpful hints to keeping you TCV in tip top condition that licienced members share amongst each other !! so come on get you copy asap and lets help you oiut with all the tricks of the trade!!

spin spin

Posted Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 11:32 am
Thanks,
I didn't mean that they are over priced at $15 it is just tha with shipping to the US they are really expensive, but thanks for the help

Posted Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 6:27 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
yes shipping is as much as 2 TCV's themselves but you can always order 4 at a time to help cut down that cost.

Posted Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 6:33 pm
the wearing of the vinyl isn't too bad at all.

I've had mine for a few months now and they still give me some decent quality and I've tried to do some massive scratching on them heh.

you have 2 full 15 min tracks on each side of the TCV and as many mentioned here, if you order 4 you will be good for a long time.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Posted Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 6:35 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

In fact the timings in the TCVs tracks are: 12 min in 33RPM and 8:50 min in 45 RPM.

And have a 4 TCVs is more in case of an accident, the wearout isn't to bad at all even with heavy scratch.

Posted Tue 20 Dec 05 @ 3:51 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
i can confirm that the TCV last well, i have used only one side of mine for about 6 months and theyre still going fine. :) mabey if i scratched more and practiced more they would have worn down but ehy seem the same as the pristine side b's that ive hardly ever used lol. gonna break em out one day when im mixing on national television, or teisto is sickand cant play or somethign lol

Posted Tue 20 Dec 05 @ 5:48 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)