Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Problems with 2 sound cards and preview

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello, I'm interested in purchasing a full virtualdj software (retail version), because I'm currently using a trial and I liked it. I was interested in using the program with two sound cards so I can play the music in one (with 5.1 speakers attached) and preview with headphones in the other.

But a friend of mine who has the full version is experiencing problems with the same setup I'm going to use (Audigy 2 sound card and the realtek integrated sound card which comes with the Abit IS7-G). When he activates both sound cards and sets virtualdj to the two sound cards mode, he gets music stuttering very often. It happens always, in both sound cards at the same time, the music skips one second (without stopping), and continues playing.
He uses virtualdj version 3.2

I'm afraid this is going to happen to me also, so I wonder if you could help me find the solution to this problem my friend has, because I wouldn't like to pay more than 100€ and have sound skipping.

Thanks in advance, and sorry if my English is not perfect, I'm Spanish :P

Posted Wed 30 Nov 05 @ 1:44 am
Well if your friend has the full version why hasn't he posted about this issue on the forums???

I know that the stuttering and skipping is often caused by low memory and I have used the 2 soundcard option before and had no problems at all (Creative Sound Blaster Live and MSI onboard soundcard).

Tell your buddy to log on with his updated profile to let us know that he does own a legal copy of VDJ and we can maybe help him out to sort out his problems.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Posted Wed 30 Nov 05 @ 7:43 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Neblino,

You could go to the spanish forum to feel more confortable if you want.

If your friend is a full register user, then he could look at my blog and do the steps to get his Audigy 2 working without a problem.

You only need the Audigy 2, the onboard souncard is not necesary to have a stereo signal in your phones and a stereo signal in your master out of VDJ. You only need to configure it properly.

I have and Audigy 2 ZS working perfectly with headphones and master out, or mixer to.

If you buy VDJ you could get this information at my blog and have acces to other areas which can help you more.

Good Luck!

Posted Wed 30 Nov 05 @ 6:24 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)