Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: scratching the beat and dont stop the whole song

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i would like for vdj team to make scratching a whole lot beter. like when you scratch you can scratch over the beat instead of stoping the whole song and when you finshing scratching you will be at the point were the song should be after all the scratching you have done like "auto catch up" something that OTS does. if you could do that it could help djs like me on chopping and screwing music.

Posted Wed 23 Nov 05 @ 8:04 pm
metalstream, You seem to have scratching entirely wrong.

If you want to chop and scratch you would require an accapella on 1 deck and the intrumentals on the other.

Its the same with real vinyl. If you hold the record the entire music will stop not just have vocals continue. that is why scratch DJs have 2 or more turntables. They get instrumentals on 1 deck and vocals on the other deck.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Posted Wed 23 Nov 05 @ 10:27 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Ture white devil, but this way you need only 1 turntable to chop the track a bit while having the second one prepared for the mix or a capella scrath or something. Usefull.

I think this feature has been requested already, but hasn't been yet implemented. If someone has the will to find that topic please do, I don't have much time now :)

erXon

Posted Wed 23 Nov 05 @ 11:36 pm
man what will they think of next???

This sure saves the actual use of multiple decks or instances. And me who was thinking of using 4 turntables, 3 mixers and 2 PCs running VDJ to do live remixes and all.

Posted Thu 24 Nov 05 @ 1:20 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
i think we all know what we would prefer lol but we cant all afford it?........ lol this is called 'where it would have been', a technical phrase i turned in a recent post by appopsis about loops. lets see it implementd VDJ team. we love you!

Posted Fri 25 Nov 05 @ 5:51 am
lets look at this idea again. im not happy its been relegated to the third page by new posts. :)

this idea would kick ass for people using only the mouse etc

Posted Wed 21 Dec 05 @ 5:03 am
;)
-gauge

Posted Sat 24 Dec 05 @ 8:02 am
Xeo why only mouse? You can scratch with XP10, timecode, ...

Posted Sat 24 Dec 05 @ 5:00 pm
i know you can. ive got the bloody things. im just trying to support an idea for those who dont.................................... plus it would also be good for people with XP10 and timecode becuase it would make scratching easier. isnt that rite mr scratch-with-the-mouse master?

Posted Sun 25 Dec 05 @ 3:33 am
Guess there was a missunderstanding. Phrase "ONLY the mouse" made me think why :)

Posted Sun 25 Dec 05 @ 1:38 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)