Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Problem with loading long tracks..HELP

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi all,

I've come across a problem whenever I load tracks longer than 10mins, usually when I'm about to take a break. It doesn't analyse the whole track once I've loaded it. Also if I load another song while that track is still playing, it does a repetitive loop a couple times which kinda scares me that vdj is about to crash but then continues playing.

This is a bad look and it happens everytime I load a large track. I'm running with 1 gig of ram and turned off everything running in the background, surely it can't be a memory issue?

I'd love to get this problem sorted before my next gig. Otherwise I'm going to playing my premixed tracks from cd.

Help please..

Posted Mon 07 Nov 05 @ 9:14 pm
did you have "max load" set to always?
if not try that out.

Posted Mon 07 Nov 05 @ 9:39 pm
This Happened to me today. The Playing caught up to the loading, and did a loop type thing. I can't remember the song, to try it again. Max load is set to always, so that is not the solution. This only happened once, and will not cause me to go back to cd's.

Posted Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 7:27 am
wait until the song completely loads before playing otherwise you might get some pops in sound, VDJ crash or complete stop in music.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Posted Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 4:38 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
if its not the max load option then it might be a memory management problem check the virtual memory, what is it set for?

Posted Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 5:21 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
I reported this memory bug a while back. I had thaought that it was gone in the most recent version, but I too have begun to see this again lately.
Strangely, even short tracks will not load into memory if the system has been up for a while. Apparently there is a memory leak somewhere and it takes a while for it to leak enough to cause the problem. I checked my memory usage last time this happened and it was at about 600 MB for VDJ alone. I restarted VDJ and it went back down to about 100MB and the problem was gone.
Be aware that you can start a second instance of VDJ to play a song while you kill the original instance to free the leaked memory.

Posted Wed 09 Nov 05 @ 4:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)