Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Street Cred...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey everyone,

I have made some wicked mix CDs using Virtual DJ, better than people who have been DJing for years. Problem is, they're so good because I use the BPM match thing...without it I'd be lost!

Which raises the question (which i'm sure has been raised before) about using it in a club. Do people respond well to DJs who sit there and click away at a screen?

I have TCV, but to be honest I can produce much better results just be using the software and a mouse...

Any ideas, comments?

Posted Fri 04 Nov 05 @ 4:48 am
personally i dont use the auto beat match..

i check the bpms and match them manually.. not only do i find it more accurate than matching the cbg square (which is what happens with auto bmp), but it also makes me look busier ;) lol

somehow i find it more liberating than being a front for automated mixing..

also i gather you dont use the keyboard shortcuts much..

i find that i have more freedom using the keyboard than a mixer, probably because i can map it to my convinience and mixing style... and the values can be set to .01 % and so on...

try it out and lemme know... we are here to help..

cheers

DJ Rudra

Posted Fri 04 Nov 05 @ 4:25 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
daft ninja,

I play with TCVs and without TCVs, I feel more speedy without TCVs and I understand what you mean...

Unfortunatelly, If a DJ is a show too, then just clickin' a mouse and using a laptop don't be good as a show. TCVs are better for that. You have to look were you go and what is the best for that place. Maybe earn and extra $$$ for djing with TCVs.

The main thing is to get the people daning and having a great time, so if you do it using a laptop, or TCVs or a banyo... is good as far the people are ok with your show.

Posted Fri 04 Nov 05 @ 6:08 pm
Thanks for your comments :)

I agree with the part about 'putting on a show', that's why I guess I'd use TCV vinyl if I played out. Anyone had any problems getting clubs/bars to agree to using TCV & VDJ?

Another question, I get a buzzing sound coming from the speakers when I use my laptop and VDJ. I think its coming from the power supply adaptor..anyone else had any problems? Know any fixes? Cheers

Posted Sat 05 Nov 05 @ 2:17 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
@daft ninja
Your "Buzz sound" problem is Ground Loop problem. Search here on the forum, there are answers... :)

Posted Sat 05 Nov 05 @ 10:20 am
Ninja. Bars and clubs don't care what you use to DJ. Just be good and keep it moving. Some of them may have a feeling that computers are more prone to breakdown during a performance, but in general they probably don't care. As far as the buzz on your laptop, get a 3 to two prong a/c adapter and you'll be fine. They are like 53 cents at home depot.

Posted Mon 07 Nov 05 @ 7:26 pm
do you think the problem is that i'm using a US laptop in Australia? I therefore need an adaptor, would this be causing it?

Posted Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 6:54 am

Posted Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 4:35 pm
Here is a hint, try it without the AC adaptor all together. Humm still there? If it's not then it was being caused by your AC adapter. Get an isolator.

Posted Wed 09 Nov 05 @ 1:34 am
cool, thanks for the help :)

Posted Wed 09 Nov 05 @ 5:06 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)