Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: beat drift with tcv's...??

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

dev79PRO InfinityMember since 2004
hey i've been havin this problem lately...it only happens every once in a while, but it def sucks...

randomly one of the vdj decks will not hold it's pitch/time and just totally drifts off beat, i can keep sync'ing it up with the other deck, and it'll just keep slipping right out.

this has only ever happened when using tcv's

i'm running a compaq presario 2100 w/ 1.8 ghz amd athlon xp-m, 1gb of ram, and a maya 44.

has anyone else experienced this problem? any suggestions?

Posted Wed 12 Oct 05 @ 7:00 pm
well I don't have this issue although one thing you can try it increasing the pitch on the TTs.

what kind of TTs are you using? if your using belt drive TTs they don't hold the pitch as well as direct drives

maybe your TTs need a little tune up?

these are just thoughts although it can be many things really.

One thing you can try as well is using the beatmatch button to match the bpms in vdj and that's normally alright if your songs cbgs are all properly adjusted.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

PS: Please port your setup in your blog if possible.

Posted Wed 12 Oct 05 @ 8:32 pm
its happened on tech12's each time it's happened...and diff pairs at diff places...

the beat lock doesn't work either, it'll lock it in and then drift off within a few seconds

Posted Wed 12 Oct 05 @ 8:52 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
when the tcv is on how much % does each on drift? Mine drift between .1 & .3% which i think is about normal. Also are you sure the BPM are correct? If the songs don't stay sync'd in VDJ are you able to correct with the TT pitch? If so then it just might be the BMP is off. try different tracks.

Posted Wed 12 Oct 05 @ 9:05 pm
the drift is major, it doesnt even stay remotely close...it does this regardless of whether the pitch is being adjusted in the software or on the TT...the bpms are correct, this has occurred with many different songs, once this problem starts the only way to fix it is to restart vdj and sometimes totally restart the computer...

Posted Wed 12 Oct 05 @ 9:40 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Do the TT's beatmatch well without VDJ?

Posted Wed 12 Oct 05 @ 9:49 pm
you mean with regular records i'm assuming...well, yeah the TT work fine ...again this has been on multiple decks at multiple clubs...

Posted Wed 12 Oct 05 @ 10:28 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Did you have 100% signal from the TTs? I think this is the problem

Posted Wed 12 Oct 05 @ 11:29 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
1st question: is the drift a constant one or does it speed up and slow down in random sequence.

2nd question: are the BPMs mapped correctly and do the BPM displays read the same.

3rd question: what equipment are you using

4th question: dont england suck! that marking was totaly shit! atleats there not as bad at football as america tho. brazil kick assssssss!

Posted Thu 13 Oct 05 @ 12:13 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)