Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: What's your worst experiance as a DJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

daledjbPRO InfinityMember since 2005
My worst Experiance so far as a Djing is a 'sweety back dancing hippo, in a bridal party gown 6 sizes too small.' She dance all night, bounce bounce bounce wobble .....yuck..... unfortunately to no fault of my own she made eyes with me....AAUUGGHH!! Later on she asked me, an average good looking bloke to go home with her.... I dry reached... I think i blackout I don't remember much after that.... could have been the BIG B$%CHES BO..... I should have said "hell no!! i'll go home to my wife for a year before you!!!"

BAD, BAD, BAD, Thoughts.... Bealch!!.

Dale

Posted Wed 28 Sep 05 @ 1:30 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
The worst experience I have... Not a funny one...

After a small gig that finish at 9pm I get all my stuff to the trunk of my car. A friend of mine has a birthday party and I stop in there to say hello and after that go home... I do that and go out in 15 min and Surprise surprise someone have empty my trunk... No mixer, no amps, no TTs, no decks, no music (Records and Cds)... I have to wait 5 years to complete what I lost that day...

Posted Wed 28 Sep 05 @ 6:05 pm
MalekoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
@acw_dj

That is just THE worst thing that can happen to a DJ!

well...there are other things that cud happen i suppose to a dj....

Posted Wed 28 Sep 05 @ 6:12 pm
DJKicePRO InfinityMember since 2005
lol thats fukt ay i like sleep nexto my cases of records, incase someone breaks in lol... fair amount of cases must i add

Posted Wed 28 Sep 05 @ 6:17 pm
My worst experiences probably have to do with the same person making a single request all night long, repeatedly,.. "when are you gonna play my song?!!!". Or crashes, or anything that makes the place go silent really. Or how about the guy who comes up to you like he knows it all and asks why you are playing Pink - Let's Get The Party Started, when you should be playing some real hip-hop like Wu-Tang Clan. That's when I tell him to take a look around and check out all the 22 year old white girls getting down to Pink,.. do these look like Wu-Tang fans to you?

Posted Wed 28 Sep 05 @ 6:33 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
To make a little less sad with that recall I have... This gets me and smile now:

At the Club I was playing some music...and at 11pm come to me this lovely girl that has eyes on me, and I date the week before. Take sit at my left in the club (I was in the place were I was mixing; Where is all the club equipment) At 12am come another lovely fan that want to dance with me, and sit at another place in the middle of the club... ups I have 2 girls waiting for me... at 00:30am came another girl to the club that want to talk with me after I finnish with the music... she sits at my right...

What can I do?... Well a little hello to my left, A little hello in the middle and a little hello to the right... Kisses here kisses there... Take a few minutes with each girl along the night to tell them "I think I could make it, I was alone mixing and we have a lot of clients, and you look so beautiful, I want to be with you but... maybe tomorrow, or next week" ... I don't stop that night the music at 3am (as usual) and go at 4am... Only one of these girls wait me after 4am (lucky!) the other 2 have to left the club, a kiss and "see you next week". I have a very nice time with the girl that wait me after I finnish.

I be out of this situation finally in the best way! (and with a big smile too)

Posted Wed 28 Sep 05 @ 7:05 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Last weekend......A Walk Into The Fire.

But it did all turn out in the end.

Posted Wed 28 Sep 05 @ 7:28 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Doing a large backyard party back in 1991 and this drunk guy keeps requesting inappropriate songs. I try to accomadate him the best I can, but he just wants more and more. I explain that I am not going to be playing anymore of his requests especially if he keeps bothering me, but he doesn't seem to get it, so eventually I have a bouncer throw him out. Well, when I finish and go to load up my car, all the windows are smashed out of it and the windshield has a big 'baseball bat' imprint in it. Not sure if it was that guy or how he knew which car was mine, but didn't have any problem with anyone else that night. Never saw the guy again, luckily for him.

That's actually probably not my worst experience, but it's the one that I thought of while reading your posts.

Posted Thu 29 Sep 05 @ 4:31 pm
1985....lol i was working at the Limelight in Montreal,Quebec,Canada
i lifted the wrong tonearm...:( hehe the club went silent...my heart stopped
i put it back down and scratched a bit so no one noticed really that it was a mistake but those 5 seconds were the worse ever.To this day i double check all the time
Regards
Andre

Posted Thu 29 Sep 05 @ 4:46 pm

Posted Thu 29 Sep 05 @ 6:07 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Mine is nothing in comparision to some of yours..

I was promised a gig at a club full of people, I actually went in the club as a customer, and spoke with the manager, and he said how he's crying out for DJ's, and asked "could you play tonight", so I thought what the hell, yes.

I was told their were 6 over DJ's, and the event was called "Best DJ in the City".., so I went home, packed all my gear, came back in about 40 minutes total time..

And when I got back some guy was playing some kinda drum 'n' bass, so the DJ I had spoken too earlier said considering my stlye you should go next (about 12:00 midnight), so I go up on the stage and begin to unpack my gear, plugging in my cables etc.

Whilst doing this some guy approaches me and says he's the DJ incharge, and asks me what I'm doing, so I say i'm setting up.., then he realizes who I am, and says "O It's you", we were waiting for you to start first (yea as if the one DJ away would be listed to go first?), he then went on to say how they thought I wouldn't come back so they started playing some records, and how the shedule for the night has already been done..

So no play?, He said well I'm sorry but you were too late, and that I can only play at 6:00am after they have finished, yea right, Who's gonna dance to funky house at 6:00am?, and am I really so sad to accept?, nope..

So I got my stuff, left, went home and straight to bed :).

Posted Thu 29 Sep 05 @ 6:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)