Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How can i use headphones?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i noticed on the sound options you can use headphones..
anyone can help me out..?

Posted Fri 24 Aug 01 @ 10:48 pm
You need the full version and 2 soundcards...or at least 1 soundcard with a stereo to 2 mono outputs splitter.

One soundcard or mono output is sent to speakers and other soundcard/mono output goes to the headphones. Simple.

Posted Fri 24 Aug 01 @ 11:00 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Or a 3D soundcard. You plug the speakers to the front and the headphones to the rear output.

mama

Posted Sat 25 Aug 01 @ 9:02 am
badoHome userMember since 2005
yes!
but i have a stereo splitter, but the problem is every thing that i hear on speakers i hear on my headphones!!! i chosed the stereo splitter option but it still doesn't work or it plays speakers on the left chanell and headphones on the right!!!! i'm furios¨!!! i'm a addict!!!!
But i can't make it a difference!!!! HOW??? HOW CAN I ADJUST MY VIRTUAL DJ 3 TO LISTEN ONE DECK ON MY SPEAKERS AND ONE DECK ON MY HEADPHONES!!!! WTF!!! PLEASE HELP!!!! I HAVE A FULL VERSION OF VIRTUAL DJ 3!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!

Posted Fri 25 Nov 05 @ 4:13 pm
If you have a full version of Virtual DJ 3 why don't you update your profile by clicking on modify my profile at the top of the forums?

Once everyone sees that you have a full registered software you will get much better support

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Posted Fri 25 Nov 05 @ 4:16 pm
Bado for security purposes, please add your serial # to your profile.

MS

Posted Fri 25 Nov 05 @ 4:17 pm
Hi, I'm a recent addition of to the Virtual DJ "Posse"! Although I'm not a professional DJ in any sense of the word, I have purchased VDJ anyway, as it happened to be the very piece of software I was looking for to play and mix my pain - stakingly ripped vinyl MP3s on. (Also, I found it impressed my friends profoundly if they popped round my gaff, or I staggered round theirs!!)

Anyway, in response to you your question: I happen to use a USB Headset provided with a PlayStation 2 game!! (admittedly I only paid around 13 quid for the combined game and headset on eBay!) But basically, once you have purchased VDJ, you can confgure it to use an additional soundcard. In my case, the USB headset acts as another soundcard anyway, and if you happen to use Windows XP, like myself, it's just a case of plugging it in. Windows does the rest!!! But to take advantage of the headphone mixing option, you'll need to download the "modified" default skin (again, once you've registered with the VDJ website).

I hope this has been some help to you and hope you continue to enjoy using (in my own opinion) THE best mixing / DJ software there is!!

Cheers,

Richard

PS Bado, I use the two soundcard option (underneath the 4.1 option). Soundcard 2 is configured for the USB Headset. Works a treat. BUT you have to remember that the volume control on the PC or laptop you're using will control the headphone - not the live out. At the top left you're see the Master volume - use that for the live out.

Posted Sat 26 Nov 05 @ 1:25 am
Your Kidding, the PS2 headset works with vdj!!! why didnt i think of that, i have one in my room right now lol, i've been missing out

Posted Sat 26 Nov 05 @ 6:24 am
hey guys i lost my serial number, what a fool. I've got the full version of the atomixmp3, but i have the same problem my speakers have the same comming through them as my headphones i know sh*t about how to configure my sound card anyone fancy giving me the idiot guide. PLEASE HELP. I FEEL LIKE I'M GOING COLD TURKEY

Posted Sat 26 Nov 05 @ 12:08 pm
Sorry, Can't help ya buddy. "I LOST MY" will to help

lol

Posted Sat 26 Nov 05 @ 12:36 pm
Ye thanks alot i suppose you where a pro from the first day you touched a computer and decks then. I always wonder about people like you no doubt you asked all the questions got the answers but are to pig headed to help anyone else out of your own self pity. IDIOT

Posted Sat 26 Nov 05 @ 1:04 pm
lol

Posted Sat 26 Nov 05 @ 2:01 pm
like i said idiot it must of took all of the one brain cell you have to come up with that reply

Posted Sat 26 Nov 05 @ 2:20 pm
listen if you really lost your serial number contact e-service and they can help you out. otherwise your not going to get any help from this forum.

Posted Sat 26 Nov 05 @ 2:30 pm
We are sorry but the demo version doesn't have headphone cueing. you can contact us if you need further assistance.

Posted Sat 26 Nov 05 @ 4:38 pm
Ok thanks for the info, sorry about going off on one. Just one question why the big deal about not helping anyone with out the serial number, i do have the genuine disk, just wondered why the abrutness to people with out it. This is meant as a friendly question.

Posted Sat 26 Nov 05 @ 4:45 pm
Because there is many 'no license users' who in fact use cracked versions and come here trying to get their issues solved. Many of these start their tries with 'I lost my serial'..

Contact e-service to get you registration info and enter the serial in your profile.

Posted Sat 26 Nov 05 @ 4:48 pm
I'm currently using the HP bluetooth wireless headphones....

honestly, there's a lag when mixing, but I only use it to set a cue point... once the point is set, you don't need headphones, because as long as you hit it on the beat, vdj beatlocks like a champ... it's been doing me just fine for the last few months.....

best thing is, you don't eat up and soundcard outputs... the bluetooth acts as an additional audio output!

Steve Lynch

Posted Sun 27 Nov 05 @ 7:38 am
DJ Gio: Make sure you don't start depending on VDJ to beatlock for you! ;)

It's always better to use (abuse?) as little as you can... those extra features sure make your life easier, but sometimes you have to go without them and the skills you get by doing things yourself are really handy!

(just my $0.02)

sp.

Posted Sun 27 Nov 05 @ 9:56 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)