Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Copilot AI ARM64 upcoming laptop on Windows 11 - Page: 1
Hi,

DJAY PRO will use news COPILOT AI ARM64 upcoming laptop on Windows 11

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=849581133867184&set=a.551922846966349

from DJAY Facebook :

"With the introduction of Microsoft's new Copilot+ PCs designed specifically for AI, we’re excited to announce a completely remastered version of 𝗱𝗷𝗮𝘆 𝗣𝗿𝗼 for Windows, optimized for the Arm64 architecture - coming soon!⁣

As a launch partner with Microsoft and Qualcomm, we’ve completely rebuilt and enhanced AI-based features including Neural Mix™, Fluid Beatgrid™, and more - all running at incredible speeds thanks to the powerful high performance Neural Processing Unit (NPU).⁣"

For same AI Stems and Beatgrid like thier mac version.

Will Virtual Dj have a ARM64 windows version for new Copilot Windows PC laptop upcoming in june 2024 ?

https://blogs.microsoft.com/blog/2024/05/20/introducing-copilot-pcs/ ?

With this new CPU, no more need of PC gamer or NVIDIA GPU to have STEMS 2.0 on Windows.

Powerfull as the Silicon M1 M2 M3 CPU ARM APPLE.

Good news. no more big NVIDIA RTX needed for good stems on PC :)

Adion ?

Reagrds,

Olivier F.

Posted Wed 22 May 24 @ 7:02 am
Was just about to ask the same thing.

Be nice to not have to lug around a 2 ton RTX4080 windows machine to get the same stems performance as a Mac book Air :)

Posted Wed 22 May 24 @ 7:04 am
kradcliffe wrote :
Was just about to ask the same thing.

Be nice to not have to lug around a 2 ton RTX4080 windows machine to get the same stems performance as a Mac book Air :)

yes, actually only M1 M2 M3 can do great stems without FAN GPU external GPU or PC gamer. and for less money than a Windows PC gamer.

A mini mac or a mac air is enough for AI. no PC gamer need.

The new Windows Copilot AI Laptop is a good news for windows user.

Bye bye Intel.

Regards,

Olivier

Posted Wed 22 May 24 @ 7:47 am
I think this is a terrible development.

The existing Windows version of DJay is well behind the Mac version in many areas, and users are longing for updates.

Rather than addressing these shortcoming for their existing customers, they're effectively starting over with a completely new version which requires a new computer with a different chip.

That's fine if you're prepared to spend £1000 minimum on a new PC that can't run existing software natively, just to get features that the software should have had already, but not good news for the thousands of Intel & AMD users.

Also, it's unknown at this time whether DJ equipment manufacturers will release drivers for this new ARM chip, so the Copilot version can connect to past, present or future controllers and audio interfaces.

Posted Wed 22 May 24 @ 8:08 am
groovindj wrote :
I think this is a terrible development.

The existing Windows version of DJay is well behind the Mac version in many areas, and users are longing for updates.

Rather than addressing these shortcoming for their existing customers, they're effectively starting over with a completely new version which requires a new computer with a different chip.

That's fine if you're prepared to spend £1000 minimum on a new PC that can't run existing software natively, just to get features that the software should have had already, but not good news for the thousands of Intel & AMD users.

Also, it's unknown at this time whether DJ equipment manufacturers will release drivers for this new ARM chip, so the Copilot version can connect to past, present or future controllers and audio interfaces.

Disagree
For STEMS 2.0 in VIRTUALDJ you need a PC gamer and NVIDIA RTX..... more money than a entry level Silicon M1 mac and new Copilot generation PC that will cost 600 USD in one/two years.

n all MAC :silicon : Stems 2.0 without GPU or RTX or..... less money than a gamer Windows intel nvidia laptop....

Posted Wed 22 May 24 @ 8:36 am
I guess Groovin tries to be more cautious/realistic while you tend to focus only on the potentional points of this development.

I mean, potentionaly, what you say may be correct. But not at this point. And not always things develop to their full potentional :)

Posted Wed 22 May 24 @ 8:48 am
olivier REMUX wrote :
you need a PC gamer and NVIDIA RTX

Incorrect. Stems can be separated on any PC capable of running the 64 bit VirtualDJ. It just takes longer, or requires preparing and saving in advance.

olivier REMUX wrote :
will cost 600 USD in one/two years

That's an unknown. They may fail miserably and be removed from the market.

Nobody knows if their hardware will work on this new platform.

Posted Wed 22 May 24 @ 8:50 am

Incorrect. Stems can be separated on any PC capable of running the 64 bit VirtualDJ. It just takes longer, or requires preparing and saving in advance.

-> you say it / no real time :) so....

Posted Wed 22 May 24 @ 9:38 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
I guess Groovin tries to be more cautious/realistic while you tend to focus only on the potentional points of this development.

I mean, potentionaly, what you say may be correct. But not at this point. And not always things develop to their full potentional :)

I agree.

Just hope ViertualDj will make a Copilot Windows ARM AI version : VirtualDJ silicon version was the first TO use full potential of M1/M2/M3/M4 Apple CPU for STEMS 2.0 with fast decoding and without need of NVIDIA or others....

Posted Wed 22 May 24 @ 9:39 am
VirtualDJ has always been innovative so I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Posted Wed 22 May 24 @ 9:42 am
olivier REMUX wrote :
no real time

No stem separation is real time. Even with a top spec NVIDIA GPU, Apple silicon or ARM chip, the file will still require analysis after it's loaded, which then creates separated stems cached in the background.

I'm not sure of the circumstances where a DJ would need stems available immediately when loading a track anyway, during typical usage. Personally, when I load a track, it's maybe three minutes in advance of needing to play it, as the other deck is still playing. IMO the best option for anyone who needs instant stems is to save them in advance.

Posted Wed 22 May 24 @ 10:08 am
Personally I precompute on my RTX machine then sync over to the DJ laptop. However being able to load them in real-time would save quite a lot of storage.

Posted Wed 22 May 24 @ 10:27 am
groovindj wrote :
olivier REMUX wrote :
no real time

No stem separation is real time. Even with a top spec NVIDIA GPU, Apple silicon or ARM chip, the file will still require analysis after it's loaded, which then creates separated stems cached in the background.

I'm not sure of the circumstances where a DJ would need stems available immediately when loading a track anyway, during typical usage. Personally, when I load a track, it's maybe three minutes in advance of needing to play it, as the other deck is still playing. IMO the best option for anyone who needs instant stems is to save them in advance.

false and wrong :

On my Mac mini M2 all is in real time in light speed with Virtual DJ Stems 2.0
It's incredible fast and stable
and no FAN in my MAC M2

Same with DJAY PRO 5.1 : even faster and even better stems (Audioshake)

no need to precompute stems in all new MAC Silicon range.....
and soon on new ARM WIndows AI :)

VirtualDJ is light speed on all ARM mac. Thanks to great and Native code from VirtualDJ developpers.

Sure they will make like DJAY pro the first ARM copilot Windows native ARM AI VirtualDJ code soon.

no more RTX... no more precompute stems, on upcomping new ARM AI windows : like it work on new mac AIR/MINI/PRO.... in all M1/M2.M3/M4 CPU range

Regards,

Olivier F.

Posted Wed 22 May 24 @ 2:39 pm
Oh then obviously there's some magic taking place, because the computer is able to separate stems without even analysing the complete track first.

Incredible that it can predict the future.

Posted Wed 22 May 24 @ 3:06 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
By your logic precomputing the stems is not real time either of course,they also still need to be loaded from disk and decoded.
But for all practical purposes stems are indeed available in less than a second on apple silicon and most nvidia rtx gpu's.

Posted Wed 22 May 24 @ 3:10 pm
Thank you Adion. Less than a second is not "real time".

Posted Wed 22 May 24 @ 3:20 pm
LMAO!! You guys kill me.

Posted Wed 22 May 24 @ 5:29 pm
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
You guys kill me

Not in real time though.

Posted Wed 22 May 24 @ 5:32 pm
EDIT: Point was already made above

Posted Wed 22 May 24 @ 5:48 pm
groovindj wrote :
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
You guys kill me