Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: How do you un-check the stemsFix "Don't use GPU"
Let me ask, what should be a very simple question:

How do you un-check the stemsFix "Don't use GPU" setting ?

I can click it to remove the check mark . and once I load another track. the GPU is NOT used and the check mark is once again there.

Previously when this happened, I needed to restore my system from a backup to be able to uncheck the stemsFix "Don't use GPU" box.

Restarting VDJ does not help.

Knowing how to keep this box from EVER being checked would also be helpful.

Thanks for any help

--------------
see this thread for ref.
https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/249191/VirtualDJ_Technical_Support/How_to_increase_GPU_usage_during_stems2_0_separation_as_before.html

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
Graphics Card Memory: 11264 MB
Windows Graphics Driver Version: 31.0.15.2686
OpenGL Version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 526.86
current VDJ build 7349

Posted Sat 19 Nov 22 @ 5:02 am
if you mean that the "don't use GPU" recheck itself automatically when you try to separate a track, it means that your GPU card for some reason (bad driver, not enough memory left, etc) failed to run the separation algorithm, so virtualdj reverted automatically to CPU because it had no choices.

So, to be more clear, there are 2 things that can affect the "don't use GPU":
1) when you first run virtualdj (or after a hardware change), virtualdj will "guess" if your card can use gpu or not, and if not, will set "don't use gpu" as the default (you can see it's in bold). but you can still override it (like if you have a powerful AMD or Intel graphic processor that virtualdj "guessed" wrong)
2) if virtualdj actually tried to use the GPU and it failed, then it will force it to "don't use GPU" (but without setting it as default), and you have no other choice than using CPU until you fix your card.

In your case, I would recommend uninstalling nvidia drivers, and reinstalling again.

Do you have any other application running at the same time that might be using a lot of video memory?

Posted Sat 19 Nov 22 @ 12:06 pm