Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Crashing

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Using the latest beta build on a MacBook Pro.

Was playing with the stems feature last night and VDJ just crashed a couple of times.

It always re started but I’m wondering what caused the crash?

Is it something on my end that I’m doing or is a bug with in VDJ?

Posted Sat 23 Jan 21 @ 1:11 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
There was a crash report logged, and it looks like it was crashing while showing some files in the browser.
While it should not crash in this case, it might be related to a file with a bad or extremely long tag (title/artist...)

Posted Sat 23 Jan 21 @ 1:22 pm
OK Thanks,

I'll see what I can find.

Posted Sat 23 Jan 21 @ 7:33 pm
Have had a lot of crashing lately.

Just updated to the newest beta build and it’s crashed a couple times.

Always re starts but why is it crashing??

Is it me or VDJ??

Posted Sun 24 Jan 21 @ 9:45 pm
Been a few threads about crashes on Mac lately

Posted Sun 24 Jan 21 @ 11:13 pm
A report was logged. It looks like you have q plugin called 'mask' installed which is not compatible with Metal

Posted Mon 25 Jan 21 @ 3:34 am
Ok I’ll disable metal.

Can you clarify what “Metal” does exactly?

Posted Mon 25 Jan 21 @ 1:32 pm
On mac there are 2 ways to draw things currently.
OpenGL is the old one which was used by VirtualDJ before, and Metal is the new one created by Apple.
Beside performance improvements, Apple has also deprecated use of OpenGL since macOS 10.13, so Apple makes no guarantees that it continues to work either. (and we have seen it performing worse with every new macOS update since)
So unless you absolutely need the Mask plugin, I would recommend to keep using Metal but remove the Mask plugin.

Posted Mon 25 Jan 21 @ 1:46 pm
golfmk3vControlleristMember since 2012
my vdj starting to freezes up on me. While I am switching songs it seems. I have an HP envy core i7

Posted Mon 25 Jan 21 @ 2:23 pm
Adion wrote :
On mac there are 2 ways to draw things currently.
OpenGL is the old one which was used by VirtualDJ before, and Metal is the new one created by Apple.
Beside performance improvements, Apple has also deprecated use of OpenGL since macOS 10.13, so Apple makes no guarantees that it continues to work either. (and we have seen it performing worse with every new macOS update since)
So unless you absolutely need the Mask plugin, I would recommend to keep using Metal but remove the Mask plugin.

Ok cool, yeah I’ll ditch the Mask plugin then 🤙🏾

Thanks for the info

Posted Mon 25 Jan 21 @ 7:36 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)