Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: New update 2021 Wont open after installation - Page: 1
Hi, I just update my vdj to 2021. after got installed the program won't open, I have a Imac. Pioneer DDJSX2.Previous version was working fine. Any idea will help, Thanks!

Posted Fri 19 Jun 20 @ 4:36 pm
elterrible wrote :
Hi, I just update my vdj to 2021. after got installed the program won't open, I have a Imac. Pioneer DDJSX2.Previous version was working fine. Any idea will help, Thanks!

is it nvidia graphics card ? i just looked at specs page and for stems you need Amd graphics card. thats my guess because my macbook pro did the same thing you see it try and open then nothing.

Posted Sat 27 Jun 20 @ 2:59 am
I am trying to do the installation of virtual dj 2021 with my pioneer ddi sb3, it seem nothing is going on, i did download the with logo virtual dj ,show me window. or Apple Mac .I choose the Mac but nothing happen for me can some really help with this please.

Posted Sun 13 Sep 20 @ 7:03 pm
Open the task manager to see if VirtualDJ is running but not visible.

For me, I believe, VirtualDJ did the same thing for a bit on Windows 10, until I took some problematic USB devices off my device. Try disconnecting as many USB devices as possible.

Posted Mon 14 Sep 20 @ 12:19 pm
hello any fix virtual dj 2021 still won't open 10.15

Posted Sun 21 Feb 21 @ 10:22 pm
djnyce99 wrote :
hello any fix virtual dj 2021 still won't open 10.15

Should open just fine.
Try restart the computer first.
And if still issues, delete the file setting.xml in /documents/virutaldj/ then start the software

Posted Sun 21 Feb 21 @ 10:26 pm
I literally just tried that and it doesn't work on mine

Posted Sat 29 May 21 @ 9:44 am
Help I've disconnected all USB I've deleted the rekordbox XML file and still doesn't work

Posted Sat 29 May 21 @ 9:47 am
Sorry I deleted the XML virtual DJ file

Posted Sat 29 May 21 @ 9:48 am
mrdjalPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I just installed the latest version of VDJ because my asio drivers got corrupt after starting my laptop without the controller not connected ( current ver V8.4 b5630, and reinstalling the asioall 2.12 did not work, nor the denon asio 222 drivers.
older controller Denon DN-DC5000 ( i have two, they both are doing the same thing ) the sound is bleeding through and pops are heard the the channel not playing a track

But now the new version of VDJ 2021 b6444 opens, then closes two or three times, then stays closed
reinstalled VDJ V8.4 b5630, and ASIO drivers

I had to play a party Saturday evening via my head phone jack
first time having these issues, caused me to sweat my butt off, and there was no beer at this party, LOL

using Windows 10 all latest updates as off last week
Asus laptop
Win 10
I7 6700HQ 64bit, RAM 16G,
Video Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M
any input would be great ,,,,
Thanks
Al

Posted Mon 31 May 21 @ 1:59 am
VDJ 2021 now runs , but still have drivers issues

first
I installed "windows update Assistant" it found more updates for windows
after the updates, VDJ 2021 ( latest download ) will run,,,,but
VDJ told me I needed to update my video drivers or some features won't be available.

I updated my Geforce drives, opened VDJ, VDJ ran a check on the hardware , and now runs
But I still have a issue with the audio bleeding through and some popping in the channel not playing a track
I still need a fix on the Wasapi drivers, , is there a way to get a download of the Wasapi drivers

Controller works fine on my backup laptop running windows 10 and VDJ 8

Please help , I need to solve this before next Saturday
Thanks
Al

Posted Mon 31 May 21 @ 3:02 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I guess u mean Denon DN-HC5000 ?
If so, Denon doesnt seem to offer any ASIO driver in their website https://www.denondj.com/downloads#legacy
How do Windows see the sound card ? One with 4 channels or 2 with 2 channels each ?

PS. Better start a new topic, as it's not relative to the original.

Posted Mon 31 May 21 @ 3:44 pm
DJDAD
yes sorry Denon DN-HC5000

I am trying a few more things , then I will repost
I tried the controller on a buddies laptop with pro license, is sees the controller, keeps asking how are the speakers used, i select the denon unit, but i get no sound, I will try to install the old denon drivers (Asio ) to see if for some reason they work
I guess i should try my Prime 4 and see if it works,,,,,,hum just thought about that
Thanks for the info

Posted Mon 31 May 21 @ 4:58 pm

Posted Mon 31 May 21 @ 5:21 pm
GroovinDJ

Thanks for the info
All of those links are so old they have been removed
I have the Denon Asio 2.2.2 drivers, but something does not work, the PC I have been using ADJ on is the one now has those pops on the side not playing

controller works fine on my backup laptop windows 10 VDJ 8 , using the asio drivers on it

I tried a laptop of my buddies, he has the pro license but does not use a controller, connected my Denon DN-HC 5000, windows found the unit ,windows installed drivers, VDJ sees the unit, every time I open VDJ it show a pop up to select the denon 5000 or PC, I can control the software, but can't get audio out of the controller

stumped

I purchase a DJ to go unit today , just to see if it would fix the drivers, the tiny dj to go unit works, but something with the wasapi seems to be screwed up for the Denon 5000

still working on it, any more help would be great

Posted Mon 31 May 21 @ 11:38 pm
need help
I still can not get my denon DN-HC5000 to work again
Windows 10 fully updated
Vdj 2021 V8 5.64 b6444 and or VDJ 8 8.1 2770.1092

I uninstalled then installed ASIO 2.2.2, and ASIOAll to see if it helps
even rebooted before reinstalling
VDJ see the controller, and I can control VDJ, but I can't get audio
Laptop 1 everything works on with VDJ 8 ( my back up )
Laptop 2 I have clicking in the non-playing player ( meaning which ever side is not playing , I hear clicks or pops coming through. sound works on both players, just if not playing a track , clicks come through

Laptop 3 (My Buddies can not get the denon 5000 to play audio
I can get my Denon prime 4 working on all laptops

Thanks
Al

Posted Thu 03 Jun 21 @ 1:01 am
seems like windows 10 is the problem with the older Denon drivers
I can run VDJ 8 in the windows 7 compatible mode, and the ASIO driver load and the the Denon 5000 controller works.
The compatible mode does not work with VDJ 2021, it still loads the Wasapi drivers, so the denon 5000 won't produce any audio ...

if anyone has a work around please let me know

Posted Thu 03 Jun 21 @ 3:48 am
OK
Gave up on the Denon DN-HC500 , the new versions of VDJ do not seem to like the older ASIO 2.2.2 drivers, and the Wasapi drivers don't give any audio with the DN-HC5000
My Numark DJ2Go2 works fine ( i purchased this last week hoping it would fix the driver issues )
My Denon Prime 4 works fine
I purchased a Numark Mixtrack Platinum FX, and had clicks , tried almost every BIOS , windows and VDJ setting to fix this on 2 laptops
The fix was deleting the settings.xml file, now the Mixtrack sounds great
I forgot who posted on an older thread about the Mixtrack , and said try to delete the Settings.xml file
Well thanks a million to that person, and everyone else that tried to help.
Bottom line my poor Denon DN-HC5000 units are just to old, guess they will be posted on ebay soon, for someone still using VDJ 8 and Windows 7 or early 10

Thanks again
Al

Posted Sat 05 Jun 21 @ 12:50 am
mrdjal wrote :
the new versions of VDJ do not seem to like the older ASIO

In 2019 Atomix "banned" certain old Denon ASIO drivers from use in VDJ because of problems caused by those drivers. It should be possible though to use WASAPI instead.

See here

Posted Sat 05 Jun 21 @ 8:42 am
Denon ASIO drivers have always been troublesome causing buffer issues and crashes.

The issue is Denon (or In-Music) letting legacy products die.

Their development on current units isn't great either.

Posted Sat 05 Jun 21 @ 8:59 am
83%