Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Virtual dj connect to Roland TR-08 (new with USB connectivity)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

So here's how it went down- I was was at Guitar center looking to trade my mcx 8000 for the DJ 808- as I was waiting for service, I saw what looked like the old school TR-808 from a distance so i went to the glass and it was but now its called TR-08. It has usb connectivity as well as 3.5 mm jack and midi. The short story is I left with the TR-08. Now what I need is the 808 software? My set up is Numark NV and TR-08 (technically the same as DJ 808) maybe better. How can I download the software for the 808 as a subset? imagine that Jammin with samples triggered by the 808 bass drum.

Mont

Posted Wed 04 Mar 20 @ 9:16 pm
I'm confused. If you bought a TR-08, why do you need software for the 808?

Why have you posted the same thing twice?

The TR-08 doesn't have or need any software.

Posted Wed 04 Mar 20 @ 10:13 pm
A Roland TR08 is the new version of the old Roland TR808 drum machine.

A Roland DJ 808 is a DJ midi controller including a drum computer.

What do you mean now with the desired software?

There is no mapping for the TR08 in VDJ

The old samples from the old Roland TR808 should be available for download somewhere, but unfortunately I know them
no link to it.
I assume you want to play the old samples from the Roland TR808 to the TR08.
Dont know does this goes.

Think The Software from Roland DJ 808 is Not Compatible With TR08.

Posted Thu 05 Mar 20 @ 11:17 am
I experimenting with running a drum machine with VDJ. FOR DJ 808- the code is included, I have a standalone 808 so what I'm asking is this- Can the code for Numark NV be adjusted to include the code for the 808? This way we get all of the functionality?

Posted Thu 05 Mar 20 @ 5:30 pm
groovindj wrote :
I'm confused. If you bought a TR-08, why do you need software for the 808?

Why have you posted the same thing twice?

The TR-08 doesn't have or need any software.

I should be able to get the same functionality from the combination of Numark NV+TR08 that is available with DJ 808. i'm asking for the code to merge the two.

Posted Thu 05 Mar 20 @ 5:34 pm
vlnjacki wrote :
A Roland TR08 is the new version of the old Roland TR808 drum machine.

A Roland DJ 808 is a DJ midi controller including a drum computer.

What do you mean now with the desired software?

There is no mapping for the TR08 in VDJ

The old samples from the old Roland TR808 should be available for download somewhere, but unfortunately I know them

If Serato can do this so can WE, I watched a vid showing the whole layout called TR sync. VDJ has to catch up to this wave by making this an easy patch. You have a drum machine, download a patch for it to sync with WHATEVER drum machine you have. In this case Roland ( THE most popular drum machine ever!).
no link to it.
I assume you want to play the old samples from the Roland TR808 to the TR08.
Dont know does this goes.

Think The Software from Roland DJ 808 is Not Compatible With TR08.

Posted Thu 05 Mar 20 @ 5:42 pm
If Serato can do this so can WE, I watched a vid showing the whole layout called TR sync. VDJ has to catch up to this wave by making this an easy patch. You have a drum machine, download a patch for it to sync with WHATEVER drum machine you have. In this case Roland ( THE most popular drum machine ever!).

Posted Thu 05 Mar 20 @ 5:44 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you want to sync the TR-08 with virtualdj, sending midi clock might work (right-click TR-08 in controllers tab and select send midi clock)

Posted Thu 05 Mar 20 @ 6:14 pm
Thanks

Posted Fri 06 Mar 20 @ 8:16 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)