Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: Quick question about Karaoke

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

fisk33Home userMember since 2011
Hello. I'm not a professional DJ at all. I just play music for the dances at a campground my wife and I go to. Maybe 30 to 40 people tops, five or six dances a summer. I have the most recent version of VDJ, but just the free version. Last summer I paid for the music subscription and it was awesome and i'll do it again this year. The owner of the campground asked me if I could also host karaoke a few times this summer. If I pay for the Karaoke subscription, will I be able to hook up a vga or hdmi cable to my laptop to have the lyrics on a separate monitor? Is the karaoke subscription all I need? Or do I have to upgrade to the pro license to make this work? Or will the free version with the karaoke subscription enough?

thanks

Posted Sun 23 Feb 20 @ 3:38 pm
If I purchase the 1 time $99.00 lic. Can I plug in to tv with hdmi and have karaoke on tv screen and mixer on the lap top

Posted Sat 14 Mar 20 @ 2:04 am
fisk33 wrote :

If I pay for the Karaoke subscription, will I be able to hook up a vga or hdmi cable to my laptop to have the lyrics on a separate monitor? Is the karaoke subscription all I need? Or do I have to upgrade to the pro license to make this work? Or will the free version with the karaoke subscription enough?

Without the software license you can project to 2nd monitor over HDMI (and use karaoke subscription if you have that).
But you will not be able to remove the VirtualDJ logo from the monitor output.
Also, if its a paid for gig, you are required to get a pro license.

The pro license is just $19/m .. and you can subscribe to the pro version for as long as you need (if it was a month or two at summer).
https://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

econocore wrote :
If I purchase the 1 time $99.00 lic. Can I plug in to tv with hdmi and have karaoke on tv screen and mixer on the lap top

Yes you will be able to do that. The standard pro license is just $19 ... as subscription.
https://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html
(Or $299 for a one time purchase lifetime license)

( The $99/m license is for djs who want/need some extra personal service and is not required, optional if you want this package.
Learn more here : https://www.virtualdj.com/products/business.html )

Posted Sat 14 Mar 20 @ 2:31 am
fisk33Home userMember since 2011
Thanks for the info. No, it's definitely not a paid gig. The grumpy old guy that owns the campground doesn't even thank me for playing music for the dances.. LOL If I buy the karaoke subscription, it will be at my own cost.

I'm ok with the VDJ logo, but I assume it's not going to block the lyrics? That would pretty much defeat the purpose.

thanks.

Posted Mon 16 Mar 20 @ 12:24 pm
I love VDJ but honestly the karaoke part isn’t up to snuff.

When I have to do Karaoke I just use Karafun. It’s cheap and has most everything you could ask for.

Posted Mon 16 Mar 20 @ 2:44 pm
fisk33 wrote :

I'm ok with the VDJ logo, but I assume it's not going to block the lyrics? That would pretty much defeat the purpose.

You can try it, the content is free to try.. before buy.
The logo should for most all songs not cover, but karaoke lyrics can vary a bit where its placed

(having a license will allow you to completely remove the logo, have it semi transparent, smaller or even use your own :) )

Posted Mon 16 Mar 20 @ 4:01 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)