Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Willing to compile any plugin for MAC

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Greetings. I have been working with locodog to compile some of his plugins for mac. I am willing to work with any other developer who is interested in having their plugin available for mac. I am a mac user so I will benefit directly from having more plugins available for macs. If you would like to have your plugin translated to mac please send me a PM. I see some really nice plugins that are not available for mac. All I would need is the source, and I will send you back the bundle as well as the source with any modifications that were needed to make it work for mac.

Posted Fri 26 Jul 19 @ 4:15 pm
You're welcome

Posted Fri 26 Jul 19 @ 5:27 pm
Ooooh Nice!

You should get a hold of Don Moir. He has really EXCELLENT Telly plugins for visual. It's PC only though... You could come in handy for the Mac users.

Posted Fri 26 Jul 19 @ 7:50 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
That won't happen, Don ain't going to hand his source code over.

Posted Fri 26 Jul 19 @ 7:55 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I'm interrested

Posted Sun 28 Jul 19 @ 12:48 pm
JameySewell wrote :
Ooooh Nice!

You should get a hold of Don Moir. He has really EXCELLENT Telly plugins for visual. It's PC only though... You could come in handy for the Mac users.

He's talking about your basic plugin that ports easily... If it was only a compilation issue then I would just compile it;. I have mentioned that TV and TM won't ported to the mac and a new app is being developed. I told you last week that I did not care what computer it runs on right now. and the main thing is to get the design down.

Now lets say you just want someone to compile some code that will at least compile for the mac. The guy said he would make some changes to the code when needed so it would compile. The assumption should be he will make some minor changes without spending too much time doing it. I mean who would expect him to do more if there is nothing in it for him. Do you think it will run on a mac as long as it compiles? . If there is a problem, how much time are you going to spend fixing it, send it to be recompiled and try again while you might be guessing at the cause of the problem? If you stay with VDJ script you have a better chance of it working. But it is not a guarantee and you have defined the limits of what you can do... If you want to go beyond this, you can assume it probably won't work and there will be back and forth... If you are serious about it, get a mac so you will have the tools at hand to compile and test everything... If you are thinking every thing you do on a PC will automatically work on a mac as long as it compiles maybe you shpuild not do it in the first place.

Posted Mon 29 Jul 19 @ 3:39 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)