Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Denon Prime 4 Virtual Dj Support - Page: 24

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

It's not that I can't use Win 10, I have it on the majority of my other machines. The intrusiveness of it's incessant bothersome nagging about updates and it's ability to "fix" itself even if you manage to suppress the updates, won't let me trust it at a show.
With Win 8.1 you shut off the updates, and they stay off. Done.
I have used 64 bit Windows since XP. And as I said never saw the need or clear advantage to using the 64 bit VDJ. Not that I object or anything...

And if you WERE using 64 bit VDJ with win 7 or 8 before, wouldn't you be forced to use the 32 bit now since the prerequisite is win 10?
Downgrade?...

Posted Thu 20 Aug 20 @ 7:36 pm
My Windows 8.1 laptop is only 32 bit. So obviously that's got 32 bit VDJ on it, and that runs with the Prime 4 just fine.

I can't exactly replicate your setup here, as my 64 bit systems are all Windows 10 now.

Nearest I could get is running 32 bit VDJ on those to see what happens with the Prime 4.

Posted Thu 20 Aug 20 @ 7:42 pm
re-read above (edit)

Posted Thu 20 Aug 20 @ 7:44 pm
Last night I had another update to VDJ following the official update to enable the screens.

With the initial official update to 2021 enabling screens, it was flawless and worked perfectly. IT WAS AWESOME!

With the update from yesterday, mid way through my set, the Prime had the following symptoms:
- no longer showed LED feedback on VUs, jogs on channels (Master was ok)
- jog screens froze
- cue buttons no longer lit up with the deck colors (reverted to Bright / Dim white when activated/deactivated
- fader indicators stopped working
- cue point buttons no loger lit up (but the buttons worked)
- main screen continued to respond correctly

It would seem the P4 went into a `failsafe` mode where sound and controls were all that were working but no visual feedback on the console except the master VU and main screen.

Lastly, if the unit was left unattended for more than 30 minutes, without playing, the unit just didn`t respond at all when I got back to it.

I run Win 10, fully updated, i7MQ processor, 16gb ram with 3 SSDs
Power settings set to maximum performance and USB power management disabled
AI was disabled (math option to disabled)
My P4 is on 1.5.1

Any thoughts on what I would check further ?

Posted Fri 21 Aug 20 @ 4:13 pm
yianni0PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Ok I have a Issue where I have Updated firmware to 1.5.2 on Prime 4 and I have the Latest Build on Virtual dj B6067 and connected to each other and still have no Screens on the Prime 4 yet i can get Images on the Jog Wheels? I have seen others with a Visual Screen of either 2 channels or 4 channels on the main Prime 4 screen... Where I don't is it maybe my Macbook Pro 13'inch I am Running I have tried all 3 Mac's that i have and all do the same thing. :( Even tried the Mapping settings atc everything works but the Main Screen on the Prime 4 unit!!!
any help with this would be Awesome Cheers,
George

djdad wrote :
We have uploaded mapping files for the Denon DJ - Prime 4
You can install from within VirtualDJ Settings-->EXTENSIONS tab->Other->Custom mappers
Requires a Pro License.

Mapping files do not include the Main Display and the AlbumArt of jogwheels, as they are part of the Denon SDK , which is still not operational

Posted Sun 23 Aug 20 @ 7:07 am
If you downloaded the mapping yourself recently, then delete it.

Everything you need should download automatically in the background when you connect the Prime 4 to VDJ.

The previous mapping had been modified to disable the screen.

Posted Sun 23 Aug 20 @ 7:19 am
Still cant get screnn on here guys, tfyed diffent usb ports lead, reboots uninstalled skin , jog wheel screens are working tho

Posted Sun 23 Aug 20 @ 7:48 pm
Chunk3310 wrote :
Still cant get screnn on here guys, tfyed diffent usb ports lead, reboots uninstalled skin , jog wheel screens are working tho

Did you beta test or try before relase?
If so delete any mappers / definition or skin you manually added.
(in /documents/virtualdj/skins/ & /documents/virtualdj/mappers/ & /documents/virtualdj/devices/ )

And, try latest version that contains some fixes (for other things)

PC : https://www.virtualdj.com/download/pc/ea
MAC: https://www.virtualdj.com/download/pc/ea

Just run above installer to update

Posted Sun 23 Aug 20 @ 8:08 pm
@Chunk3310 is there anything on the main Prime 4 screen at all? Is it just blank, or does it show the 'computer mode' graphics?

Posted Sun 23 Aug 20 @ 8:14 pm
Ohh sorry it says computer mode bud, and yes rune uninstalled the mappers

Posted Sun 23 Aug 20 @ 9:00 pm
Check back in the thread and make sure you have all the files required, and in the right places.

Posted Sun 23 Aug 20 @ 9:05 pm
Will do bud, ill let you know soon 🙂

Posted Mon 24 Aug 20 @ 11:31 pm
I have a question on the jogwheel screens: Is there any way to display the loop value for 1~2 seconds when changing it and you are not in a loop mode just like Engine OS? As far as I remember It was possible but patched in the latest version.

Posted Tue 25 Aug 20 @ 11:50 am
Still no luck guys

Posted Wed 26 Aug 20 @ 12:38 pm
Even tryed fully uninstalling vdj 2021 and re installing it

Posted Wed 26 Aug 20 @ 1:41 pm
If you are having black screen:

With the controller connected, open VirtualDJ settings, and in options find createMidiLog and change the option to YES.
Then close VirtualDJ and reopen, then close the software again.

Using File Explorer / Finder, open Documents=>VirtualDJ folder and upload the Log Report.txt from there.
For example upload to https://www.file.io/ and share the link here.

Posted Wed 26 Aug 20 @ 2:20 pm
No just says computer mode on screen

Posted Thu 27 Aug 20 @ 10:29 pm
Details please:

Mac or PC? What OS?

Which build of VDJ are you using?

Is you computer connected to the internet? Are you logged in to VDJ?

Posted Fri 28 Aug 20 @ 7:00 am

Posted Fri 28 Aug 20 @ 7:55 pm
Why is the software in the video showing a Pro user with a different name?

Check that the two required DLL files are in the /Plugins64 directory, and that the Prime 4 skin is in the /Skins directory.

Posted Fri 28 Aug 20 @ 8:11 pm
89%