Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Denon Prime 4 Virtual Dj Support - Page: 23

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Posted Tue 18 Aug 20 @ 11:20 pm
Yes groove the jog wheela and that would of been a nice feature but... the screens working 😁

Posted Tue 18 Aug 20 @ 11:26 pm
So, what you're telling me is that you NEED win 10 to use a Prime 4?

So what is the point of the 32 bit version of 6067?

I don't care about the stems thing on the Prime 4, so I don't need the 2021 stems version.
This computer is more than capable. I used to run a NS-7 3 with triple screens, plus and external touch screen, plus VIDEO out for music videos. Never a hicup.
(thanks to DJ DAD in getting the NS7 screens working)

I did use the full install 32 bit.

Posted Tue 18 Aug 20 @ 11:32 pm
Shame win 7 is gone i loved 7, light os ( with tweeks) and very reliable

Posted Tue 18 Aug 20 @ 11:32 pm

Posted Wed 19 Aug 20 @ 1:33 pm
homeworld wrote :
So, what you're telling me is that you NEED win 10 to use a Prime 4?

I don't think so. I know that there were originally 32 bit versions of the required DLL files. The skin and mapping isn't bit specific.

[later] It's working fine here on my old 32 bit Windows 8.1 laptop. I deleted all existing Prime 4 files and started over, just to make sure.

Posted Wed 19 Aug 20 @ 1:56 pm
Ok, just to be sure. This is what was done:
This computer is just for VDJ.
It never had any drivers for the Prime 4 installed before yesterday.
I downloaded and installed the most recent Prime 4 Windows drivers prior to hooking up the Denon.
After install, plugged in the Prime and it found everything and nothing was errored in device manager.
Fired up VDJ and it found new version (6067) auto-downloaded, installed and restarted.
VDJ threw up a message about missing .exe file and to re-install, I then logged in, downloaded 6067 32bit and installed it.
Started VDJ and it asked me about if I wanted to use the Denon as sound card. I selected yes.
I checked in the options to make sure it in fact chose properly, it did.
The Denon seems to function nomally but no main screen. The wheel screens show the VirtualDJ logo and change with loaded music artwork.
The audio is continually choppy.

Here is what I tried to solve the problem(s).
In the Denon driver widget I tried changing the buffer. No change.
Tried changing the dedicated sound setting in VDJ and in Windows various combinations. No Change.
Switched USB ports. No Change.
Used another known working USB 3 cable. No change.
Of course rebooted the PC and restarted the controller many times.

If I change to internal PC sound card, audio is fine. Still no main screen. As soon as I switch back to Prime sound. Chop city again. BTW the audio setting for the Prime is ASIO.

Posted Wed 19 Aug 20 @ 9:13 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
What is the exact error message you got with the 64-bit version?

Posted Thu 20 Aug 20 @ 3:41 am
It's the 2020 32bit version. I didn't copy it down but it said it couldn't find a certain file and to reinstall. So I logged in and downloaded the full 2020 (6067) file, reinstalled and no more error. As previously mentioned..
Another user (groovindj) said it worked fine for him. (32 bit ver)
My system has 64 bit OS but using 32 bit VDJ. It won't let me install 64 bit because I'm not using Win 10.

Confirm that i should be using Denon's Prime 4 drivers from their website. ?

Posted Thu 20 Aug 20 @ 4:03 am
homeworld wrote :

Confirm that i should be using Denon's Prime 4 drivers from their website. ?

Yes. Just out of curiosity, what did you change the buffer to? Usually that fixes choppy audio. 256 or 512 sample buffer seems to work for most.

Posted Thu 20 Aug 20 @ 2:03 pm
Default was 256. I tried 512 and beyond but no change whatsoever. I think there is something else going on.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled both the Denon and VDJ softwares and end with the same result.
The choppy audio is one thing but no main screen is what leads me to believe something is not loading correctly. (or at all)
Wasn't there something about USB 3 in the past? Should I try the USB 2 ports instead?

Posted Thu 20 Aug 20 @ 5:27 pm
I don't think USB 2 vs 3 would make any difference. I've used the Prime 4 on both without issue.

Is this the first time you've used the Prime 4 with VDJ, or did you download the earlier mapping?

I'm also wondering if you have the correct DLL files, as you're using 32 bit VDJ on a 64 bit OS.

Posted Thu 20 Aug 20 @ 5:34 pm
I did not use the Prime 4 before the 6067 update. I switched to the USB 2 Port and the audio problem went away!
Still no main screen, the rest of the console operates normally. Except for one strange oddity; The main LED output ladder display stays "full on" but dim until you give it some volume, then blacks out and operates normally. It didn't do that with the USB 3 port.
I didn't mention that this is a full size desktop. Not a laptop. It has many USB ports. All on the motherboard. USB 3 (x2) USB 2 (5 on rear panel, 2 on front panel)

Posted Thu 20 Aug 20 @ 5:56 pm
Try this - hold down the view button on the Prime 4, and see if that brings up the settings screen on the skin.

Posted Thu 20 Aug 20 @ 6:03 pm
If I short press it just turns the view button on and off (light)
If I hold it the view button blinks.
The screen just continually shows "computer mode".
Does not show settings on VDJ or anything else.

Posted Thu 20 Aug 20 @ 6:27 pm
Oh OK so it's not even registering with the computer. I know sometimes it can appear just black, and if you press the view button it "wakes up".

I reckon it's DLL related.

Can you check in both the VirtualDJ /Plugins and /Plugins64 folders to see if you have AKAIREMOTESCREEN.dll or AKAIREMOTESCREEN64.dll and libusb-1.0.dll in either or both directories.

As you're using 32 bit VDJ on 64 bit OS I don't know whether you need 32 or 64 bit DLLs, or indeed if it's not working because both VDJ and the OS need the DLLs, so both OS and VDJ need to be 64 bit.

Posted Thu 20 Aug 20 @ 6:39 pm
I have just the "plugins" folder with both of the files. Dated 8-18-2020 4:28pm 784kb. and 131kb for the usb file.
no plugins64 folder.

Posted Thu 20 Aug 20 @ 6:58 pm
Could I put the "old" 64 version in? As the new one won't LET you install without Win 10 but the old one would. Nobody ever forced the 64 bit on a 64 bit system issue and I never really had a problem with the 32 bit version until now.
I don't know if this would have any bearing on the current problem.

Posted Thu 20 Aug 20 @ 7:08 pm
OK so I guess VDJ downloaded the 32 bit DLLs because it is the 32 bit version. Fair enough, on a 32 bit system.

But if the DLLs need to be 64 bit to interact with your OS then that's probably where the issue is.

Posted Thu 20 Aug 20 @ 7:20 pm
So how is it working on your 32 bit system? You have a 32 bit OS on that one?
And how do I get the files OR force a 64 bit install?

Posted Thu 20 Aug 20 @ 7:25 pm
86%