Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Virtual DJ for Chrome OS - Page: 1

Now in these days there is a new software for laptops that is not only conquering the market due to high performance but also for cheap prices. This is Chrome OS powered by Google. Sadly Virtual DJ is not available in Chrome OS. This means that Virtual DJ is losing thousands of potential clients that want to DJ but also need a cheap high performence laptop. Other DJ software programs have already put their softwares in Chrome OS. Eventhough none of them are as good as Virtual DJ people are using those DJ softwares which means Virtual DJ is losing thousands of dollars.

So will you make Virtual DJ available in Chrome OS

Posted Mon 20 Aug 18 @ 7:19 am
I doubt it

I also doubt that people who are forced to buy a cheap laptop, and therefore choose a Chromebook, are willing to pay $299 for a DJ software to put on their cheap laptop

Another issue with Chromebooks are that they are designed to be online. They can do some things offline, including holding some files. But DJs needs to be able to DJ entirely offline

So if Atomix were to port VDJ to a third platform, I think a Unix platform, like maybe Ubuntu, would be a smarter choice than Chrome OS

Posted Mon 20 Aug 18 @ 7:36 am
What other DJ software is available for Chrome OS?

Traktor, Serato, Rekordbox (those are the "big three")? I don't think so.

If "thousands of DJs" were desperate to use a cheap laptop to DJ with (which I doubt, if they have professional standards) then why aren't those programs available for Chrome OS?

Posted Mon 20 Aug 18 @ 5:26 pm
The only way I see VirtualDJ functions via a Chromebook is via the remote app controlling a bona-fide VirtualDJ installation running on robust hardware. Chromebooks use low power ARM processors currently and dont have the performance needed. VirtualDJ is compiled to run on RISC (X86 and AMD64) architectures running windows and OSX. The only feasible additional platform I would predict may be able to run VirtualDJ natively in the future will be the Linux platform. (and I would love that!)

see this thread: https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/223584/General_Discussion/Question_Concerning_Chromebook.html

Posted Fri 15 Mar 19 @ 1:31 am
Considering there is potential for 4k online gaming to be run through a chrome web browser on a laptop that's years old (Stadia), this should definitely be possible in the near future I hope.

Posted Fri 09 Aug 19 @ 5:50 pm
Am i abel to use VDJ on Windows XP
Please help , Thx :)

Posted Wed 05 Aug 20 @ 3:33 pm
You're asking about XP in a ChromeOS thread!

Yes you can use VDJ with XP - if you run an old outdated build, which is not recommended.

Your OS is out of date. Time to upgrade :-)

Posted Wed 05 Aug 20 @ 3:48 pm
+1

Please do not use a computer with Windows XP connected to the internet or USB thumb drives.

Posted Fri 07 Aug 20 @ 3:30 pm
Sadly, not even Serato is compatible with Chromebook, but for those Chromebook users, I would recommend a djing software called transitions DJ or soundtrap.

Posted Mon 11 Jan 21 @ 11:14 pm
I would want Chrome OS to allow it.

Posted Sat 06 Feb 21 @ 9:35 pm
plz make it to download it on chromebooks to so it can be easy used or put in on playstore for free

Posted Thu 30 Sep 21 @ 9:07 pm
i thought this shit was for chromebook without windows

Posted Mon 08 Nov 21 @ 4:49 pm
curtnwPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I am really angry about Windows 11. I am a pro Virtual DJ user, and I have several high end laptops. Non of them qualify for windows 11. They want to hold you hostage to fill up the landfills with your old laptops and buy a brand new one. It is time for Virtual DJ to write a Chromebook version. They have high end chromebooks now. With SD cards and SSD external drives, you can easily store all of your music for offline use. I own a Chromebook as well and it amazes me how there is no lag ever and it is only a middle of the road model. Time to stick it to Microsoft for this latest criminal act. My I7 and A10 laptops with tons of ram can easily run windows 11. I could rewrite the system to bypass the equipment check with installing Windows 11 but I should not have to. Where is the outrage from all of the environmentalists out there.

Posted Tue 09 Nov 21 @ 9:07 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
win 10 still works you know

Posted Tue 09 Nov 21 @ 9:12 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Windows 10 is indeed still supported until 2025 at least, and by that time the youngest computers that can't upgrade to Windows 11 will be at least 7 years old. I don't think that's too unreasonable.

(In comparison, Google only offers updates for chromebooks up to 6.5 years old, so who is helping fill up landfills?)

Posted Wed 10 Nov 21 @ 6:09 am
i would love to use it

Posted Sat 09 Apr 22 @ 7:50 pm
I will really want chrome os to allowed it

Posted Wed 25 May 22 @ 3:16 pm
I agree that financially strapped DJs unlikely to use $299 worth of DJ software. But, a Chromebook running Virtual DJ would make a handy backup.

Posted Sun 12 Jun 22 @ 2:41 am
Why do they not have a chromeos version? Virtual DJ is sleeepin on that, along with other software that doesnt think Chromeos 1st!

Posted Tue 23 Aug 22 @ 9:45 am
aattiadj wrote :

Now in these days there is a new software for laptops that is not only conquering the market due to high performance but also for cheap prices. This is Chrome OS powered by Google. Sadly Virtual DJ is not available in Chrome OS. This means that Virtual DJ is losing thousands of potential clients that want to DJ but also need a cheap high performence laptop. Other DJ software programs have already put their softwares in Chrome OS. Eventhough none of them are as good as Virtual DJ people are using those DJ softwares which means Virtual DJ is losing thousands of dollars.

So will you make Virtual DJ available in Chrome OS

Buen día colega claro que sí se puede utilizar virtual DJ en xp solo que debes usar una versión un poco antigua y la sugerencia es que en la medida de las posibilidades debes modernizar los equipos ya que las actualizaciones de software cada día son más exigentes en el consumo de recursos y es inevitable que se nos queden un poco arcaicos los computadores entonces allí está la clave del asunto programa nuevo =equipo más nuevo para asegurar la compatibilidad. Exitos mi y no dudes en solicitar ayuda en la instalación y configuración para hacer sonar en esa computadora el maravilloso Virtual DJ.

Posted Sat 27 Aug 22 @ 3:28 pm
91%