Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Pioneer DDJ-1000 - Unofficial Support - Page: 7

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

nvm problem solved

Posted Tue 03 Apr 18 @ 9:53 pm
djdad wrote :
Yes we have noticed that here too. Its how it's mapped in firmware. The crossfader doesnt seem to send very smooth data when around the center, its mostly accurate when at the edges, where it needs to be actually to offer best results on cuts.
Nothing to do here to improve its behavior.

what would be a good setting for the xfader? i noticed the jitter tonight too.

Posted Wed 04 Apr 18 @ 1:44 am
There's no setting you could adjust in order to improve/fix crossfader response.
What you could do thought is to use a crossfader curve that it's not sensitive near the crossfader center area

Posted Wed 04 Apr 18 @ 11:23 am
lucas569 wrote :
nvm problem solved

what did you do exactly to solve the problem ?

and when you solved it did it mean that after the fix they worked ?

Posted Wed 04 Apr 18 @ 2:44 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
PhantomDeejay wrote :
There's no setting you could adjust in order to improve/fix crossfader response.
What you could do thought is to use a crossfader curve that it's not sensitive near the crossfader center area

Any idea how they released the controller with such an obvious bug? Do you think they could fix it with a firmware update?

Posted Wed 04 Apr 18 @ 3:12 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
First time i saw this crossfader behavior/mapping was at the DJM-S9 and made sense to me with that kind of mixer and the scratch mixing style it was serving. But with the DDJ-1000 it seems weird. Pioneer says that both units use the same MAGVEL crossfader, which most likely offers high resolution near the edges and much less in the other areas.

Posted Wed 04 Apr 18 @ 3:51 pm
romeodan wrote :
lucas569 wrote :
nvm problem solved

what did you do exactly to solve the problem ?

and when you solved it did it mean that after the fix they worked ?

Its not exactly solved, but the fx screen sometimes reads “Distortion” and thats it. When i switch the fx with the knob it does change in the vdj menu.

Now sometimes the fx screen on the pionner is completely blank. Its totally dark. Read nothing but still lets me toggle thru the vdj menu.

I chalked it up as vdj is still ironing out the details on this controller. Ive never been a huge fan of vdj fx anyhow. I use echo and loop out on occasion.

But regardless it would be great to have all minor things working 100%.

Other than the fader jitter the mapping is 95% there.

Posted Wed 04 Apr 18 @ 8:24 pm
Anybody else experience a tiny hiss sound in the earphones when no music is playing?

Also seems the sound card distorts early? Im finding i have to turn down the gains more on the ddj1k.

These same problem have been brought up over at the pioneer dj forum by a few members.

Posted Sat 07 Apr 18 @ 10:55 am
tjfadoPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Hi, Can someone please help me here. I just purchased the DDJ 1000. Connected it to my Mac. It works okay but on the LCD screens on the unit, I see NO AUDIO DRIVER!
Also in the VDJ setting/ Card, The Controller name is not displayed.

Posted Thu 10 May 18 @ 7:46 pm
tjfado wrote :
Hi, Can someone please help me here. I just purchased the DDJ 1000. Connected it to my Mac. It works okay but on the LCD screens on the unit, I see NO AUDIO DRIVER!

have you installed the drivers or looked at the manual -> https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/ddj1000/installation.html

Posted Thu 10 May 18 @ 8:46 pm
gmediaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I had to roll back to the last (previous) driver on the DDJ download page. Call/chat with VDJ support.

Chris

Posted Thu 10 May 18 @ 9:56 pm
gmedia wrote :
I had to roll back to the last (previous) driver on the DDJ download page. Call/chat with VDJ support.

Chris

why what happened ? whats your laptop set up ?

Posted Fri 11 May 18 @ 1:15 am
tjfadoPRO InfinityMember since 2013
wickedmix wrote :
[quote=tjfado]Hi, Can someone please help me here. I just purchased the DDJ 1000. Connected it to my Mac. It works okay but on the LCD screens on the unit, I see NO AUDIO DRIVER!

have you installed the drivers or looked at the manual -> https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/ddj1000/installation.html

[Sorted...Many thanks

Posted Fri 11 May 18 @ 11:09 am
I can't get the Beat FX effects to work on the mic channel when my laptop is connected. When I disconnect the laptop it works fine, it's a shame as the reverb sounds great.

Posted Mon 14 May 18 @ 9:26 pm
Default mapping and default Audio setup ?
Mic connected to the ddj1000?

Posted Tue 15 May 18 @ 5:41 am
djdad wrote :
Default mapping and default Audio setup ?
Mic connected to the ddj1000?

Yes the mic is connected and default audio setup.

Posted Tue 15 May 18 @ 4:50 pm

Posted Tue 15 May 18 @ 7:33 pm

Posted Tue 15 May 18 @ 7:54 pm
yaqopPRO InfinityMember since 2005
beat fx screen not working and the sound in headphone very loud ?

Posted Wed 16 May 18 @ 8:28 am
yaqop wrote :
beat fx screen not working and the sound in headphone very loud ?

Beat FX for music tracks works fine and no problem with headphone sound for me.

Posted Wed 16 May 18 @ 10:56 am
64%