Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Pioneer DDJ-1000 - Unofficial Support - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

That pic is part of the default skin.

The top box on the left, click on the down arrow for a pull down menu. Select DDJ1K Settings and you will have the same display as in the pic.

Posted Mon 12 Mar 18 @ 7:10 pm
Been messing about with the DDJ1K this afternoon and ended up with VDJ freezing again. I was moving the pitch fader manually back to zero after a beat mix then the program froze, only way out was a force quit.

It's not my computer, I had two 5 hour gigs last Friday and Saturday using my Denon MC6000 MkII with full video output and never had any problems.

Posted Mon 12 Mar 18 @ 7:21 pm
serieBPRO InfinityMember since 2017
DJ-Elliot wrote :
You can find it in the default skin

DJSoulman wrote :
That pic is part of the default skin.

The top box on the left, click on the down arrow for a pull down menu. Select DDJ1K Settings and you will have the same display as in the pic.

Hi mates, thank you for your help, but I only have with that description "Choose Layout" and "Display Waweform" menus and no "DDJ1K Settings" in either both.
I'm feeling quite stupid just now. Would you please take a capture to guide me?
Big thanks

Posted Mon 12 Mar 18 @ 8:18 pm
Sorry guys, now it's sorted. I was in a zoom mode so I' can't saw that menu!! :-)
Big thanks again!

Posted Mon 12 Mar 18 @ 8:58 pm
A few hours working with the unit and so far so good in terms of stability and overall functionality, a great work giving the fact is only an incomplte mapping. Thank you for that!
One thing I'm checking: The remaining time is far from accurate, in long video files as live concerts the display marks only about 20 % or 30% of the real remaining time. Not a big deal really.

Posted Mon 12 Mar 18 @ 10:10 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The time you see on the LCD of the DDJ-1000 is what we call the "absolute" value (doesnt get affected by the Pitch), which is the same as the "relative" (affected by the Pitch value) you see on the skin if the Pitch is at 0%
Unfortunately, we could not use and display the "relative" and match skin and LCD, due to firmware limitation.

Posted Tue 13 Mar 18 @ 12:32 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
djdad wrote :
the "relative" and match skin and LCD, due to firmware limitation.

Is this how it works in RB? Seems to be a significant limitation, rendering the time remaining display useless.

Posted Tue 13 Mar 18 @ 2:49 am
Yes, it's how it works in RB too. Actually it's not the first time we see this. Almost all pioneer units with displays along with Numark NV, NVII etc work that way. If you want the unit and GUI times to match , you will need to edit the skin to use absolute times.
VirtualDJ will keep showing the relative times in default skins and personally I think it makes more sense. E.g. If absolute is used and pitch is not at 0% you see a remaining time that is not real, it will take more or less time , as the time will "run" faster or slower than normal

Posted Tue 13 Mar 18 @ 3:22 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

I don't understand why they can't be set to relative time, when they know DJs are likely to be changing the rate frequently.

Maybe it's time to head over to the pioneer forum and give them some stick.

Posted Tue 13 Mar 18 @ 12:48 pm
Hi guys, today the hardware-based effects are not working neither with internal or external sources, the LCD shows the names (incorrect in same cases) but are not applied in the master or any channel. A restart didn't fix that problem.
The Beat FX works perfect by the way.

Posted Tue 13 Mar 18 @ 1:03 pm
Probably mentioned before, but here is the story with the Effects once more.

The Effects (BEAT FX) on the DDJ-1000 ARE NOT HARDWARE !
The only way to get Hardware Effects with the DDJ-1000 is not to run any software (Rekorbox or VirtualDJ) and only use the unit as a standalone mixer.
In all other cases, the Effects are applied from the software.
You have probably seen a video on Youtube, where a user claims that the Effects still work (and look the same), if he plugs or unplugs USB. That is because RB has identical Effects like the Hardware ones, so the user doesnt really know where those come from.
To verify the above, do this..
- Have the FX Selector on the unit at a certain Effect.
- From the RB GUI, choose a different one.
- Press FX ON on the unit.
You will get the effect you have selected from the GUI and not the one the silkscreen says on the FX Selector.

The only exception is the Color FX that are Hardware when the LINE is selected as SOURCE.

As for your issue with the Effects , you said the BEAT FX work OK, so what Effects are you refereed to that dont work ?

Posted Tue 13 Mar 18 @ 3:29 pm
djdad wrote :
Probably mentioned before, but here is the story with the Effects once more.

The Effects (BEAT FX) on the DDJ-1000 ARE NOT HARDWARE !
The only way to get Hardware Effects with the DDJ-1000 is not to run any software (Rekorbox or VirtualDJ) and only use the unit as a standalone mixer.
In all other cases, the Effects are applied from the software.

Is this true for the XDJ-RX & XDJ-RX2...?

thanks

Posted Tue 13 Mar 18 @ 4:41 pm
XDJ-RX2 is a different story, but wont provide further details , to not clutter the DDJ-1000 topic. Please post your question to a XDJ-RX/2 related topic

Posted Tue 13 Mar 18 @ 8:49 pm
Is the support that was just released as a native part of EA b4189 the full support?

Posted Wed 14 Mar 18 @ 9:42 am
We are still fine-tuning some parts, but yes, EA 4189 has full official support for DDJ-1000

Posted Wed 14 Mar 18 @ 9:50 am
VDJ IWSPRO InfinityMember since 2014

How I can change the Beat FX? I will change some effects in VDJ.
Crew... Great Job. Last 2 days no problems.

Posted Wed 14 Mar 18 @ 10:22 am
Thanks for the great work on getting native support guys, I have just tried to put at home and most things are fine but I am getting a controller reset when I move the pitch faders, it seems to happen when I move it down and back up, the controller turns off and back on within a second and carries on.

Posted Wed 14 Mar 18 @ 10:30 am
I will be testing this week. Was the mapper developed for 1.0 or 1.3 version of the firmware or doesn’t it matter

Posted Wed 14 Mar 18 @ 10:31 am
We always use the latest firmware on our test devices.
Therefore it is always highly recommended to use the latest firmware (1.03)

Posted Wed 14 Mar 18 @ 10:55 am
Been hammering away for hours (using last Saturdays gig from history).

Two problems I've found so far;

1. When loading the players, the display of the waveform in the jog wheels flickers til it's fully loaded.

2. Whichever side is playing or loaded, moving the pitch fader back and forth quickly on the right player is fine. But on the left player it causes the display in the jog wheels to disappear and reset on both sides. They return almost immediately but without the waveform display and the artwork. The waveform and artwork does not reappear until the next tune is loaded and only on the side that's loaded. This is repeatable.

I've tried numerous times with Rekordbox and it doesn't happen.

This is with the latest DDJ-1000 firmware 1.03 using the Mac version of VDJ8.2 b4189

Mid 2010 MBP i7, High Sierra, 512gb SSD bootcamped with Windows 7 64bit, external WD Passport Ultra 2Tb HD containing Music, Video & Karaoke databases.

Posted Thu 15 Mar 18 @ 1:01 am
27%