Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Pioneer DDJ-1000 - Unofficial Support - Page: 4

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

DJSoulman wrote :
Been hammering away for hours (using last Saturdays gig from history).

Two problems I've found so far;

1. When loading the players, the display of the waveform in the jog wheels flickers til it's fully loaded.

2. Whichever side is playing or loaded, moving the pitch fader back and forth quickly on the right player is fine. But on the left player it causes the display in the jog wheels to disappear and reset on both sides. They return almost immediately but without the waveform display and the artwork. The waveform and artwork does not reappear until the next tune is loaded and only on the side that's loaded. This is repeatable.

I've tried numerous times with Rekordbox and it doesn't happen.

This is with the latest DDJ-1000 firmware 1.03 using the Mac version of VDJ8.2 b4189

Mid 2010 MBP i7, High Sierra, 512gb SSD bootcamped with Windows 7 64bit, external WD Passport Ultra 2Tb HD containing Music, Video & Karaoke databases.

I’m getting the same with similar setup, does the audio drop out when the screens go off with yours?

Posted Thu 15 Mar 18 @ 10:32 am
Also is it normal that you don’t get any led activity on the channel uv unless you turn the gain right to full?

Posted Thu 15 Mar 18 @ 10:36 am
djsimonreed85 wrote :

I’m getting the same with similar setup, does the audio drop out when the screens go off with yours?

No the audio continues without any dropout.

djsimonreed85 wrote :
Also is it normal that you don’t get any led activity on the channel uv unless you turn the gain right to full?

On my Denon MC6000 MkII, I have the gain in VDJ set to -3db with master output set at the 12 o'clock position.

With the Pioneer DDJ-1000 I have to set the gain in VDJ to -1db or 0db to get the led display to get into the amber leds with the occasional red when my gains are set at the 12 o'clock position.

If they are a little low then the gain knob seems very sensitive with very little movement to go from green straight through amber to red.

Posted Thu 15 Mar 18 @ 11:09 am
Ok thanks, I have only tested at home without speakers connected at the moment.

I will change the gain and see, thanks. I also have it setup for my mc6000mk2.

Posted Thu 15 Mar 18 @ 11:31 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
We are still fine-tuning some parts, but yes, EA 4189 has full official support for DDJ-1000

Quick question. I played with it last night, in the unofficial mapper I was able to hide the artwork, adjust the lcd brightness and a few other things, on the official mapper now all I can do is adjust the brightness for the lcd, am I missing something?

Posted Thu 15 Mar 18 @ 5:37 pm
johnsoj2us wrote :

Quick question. I played with it last night, in the unofficial mapper I was able to hide the artwork, adjust the lcd brightness and a few other things, on the official mapper now all I can do is adjust the brightness for the lcd, am I missing something?

Use the page < > buttons to cycle through available options. They are spitted to several pages now so that you can understand easier what you change.

Posted Thu 15 Mar 18 @ 6:23 pm
DJSoulman wrote :

1. When loading the players, the display of the waveform in the jog wheels flickers til it's fully loaded.

2. Whichever side is playing or loaded, moving the pitch fader back and forth quickly on the right player is fine. But on the left player it causes the display in the jog wheels to disappear and reset on both sides. They return almost immediately but without the waveform display and the artwork. The waveform and artwork does not reappear until the next tune is loaded and only on the side that's loaded. This is repeatable.

We can confirm issue nr.1 (it's random in our case) and we're trying to resolve ASAP.
We can't confirm issue nr.2
No matter how fast or which pitch slider we move, the controller behaves as expected (no screen reset)
We will try to investigate further, but without being able to reproduce the issue it's hard to find what's causing it or even if it's a VirtualDJ issue and not something else

Posted Thu 15 Mar 18 @ 6:27 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
johnsoj2us wrote :

Use the page < > buttons to cycle through available options. They are spitted to several pages now so that you can understand easier what you change.

wonderful, thank you sir......

Posted Thu 15 Mar 18 @ 6:32 pm
Hey Phantom is EA 4189 a beta release. My software is still showing 3994 as latest release.

Posted Thu 15 Mar 18 @ 10:07 pm
EA = early access

Posted Thu 15 Mar 18 @ 10:11 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
DJSoulman wrote :

We can confirm issue nr.1 (it's random in our case) and we're trying to resolve ASAP.
We can't confirm issue nr.2
No matter how fast or which pitch slider we move, the controller behaves as expected (no screen reset)
We will try to investigate further, but without being able to reproduce the issue it's hard to find what's causing it or even if it's a VirtualDJ issue and not something else

I can confirm I am getting the same issue (no.2) it doesn’t matter how fast or slow I move the pitch faders, the displays etc on both sides go off and come back on with no waveform. I am running a 2014 MacBook Pro with high sierra.

Posted Thu 15 Mar 18 @ 10:49 pm
Started playing with the early access, and man is the gain really hot. Second thing I noticed, tried playing with the sampler pads. I can't get any sound. I turned the controller's sampler volume all the way up, and all the way down. Nothing is playing. The software shows the sampler playing, but no sound.

Another thing I don't like. When I am using my SZ and I am cuing and I turn the bass knob down while cuing I can hear the bass drop,
On this unit if I turn the bass all the way down it does not change in the headphone cue.

Posted Thu 15 Mar 18 @ 10:56 pm
This unit features a MIDI mixer versus the hardware one SZ was using.

Therefore:
1) Make sure that Sampler output is set to Master (from sampler options cog)

2) Change the setting equalizerInHeadphones to yes

Posted Fri 16 Mar 18 @ 7:36 am
djsimonreed85 wrote :

I am running a 2014 MacBook Pro with high sierra.

DJSoulman wrote :

Mid 2010 MBP i7, High Sierra

Perhaps it's a MAC only issue ? We will investigate further

Posted Fri 16 Mar 18 @ 7:41 am
I was also trying out the unofficial mapper, do I need to delete anything from the VirtualDJ folder that is not needed anymore or does the early access automatically disregard/delete those mappers?

Posted Fri 16 Mar 18 @ 10:26 am
Thanks Phantom, I will try that later.

Another thing I noticed is that the effects section. The names that show up on the mixer for the effects doesn’t match the name of the effect showing in the software and neither matches the names printed around the dial for most effects.

Posted Fri 16 Mar 18 @ 10:59 am
I was wondering about that myself. I just ordered my unit today. It is due
here Monday so hopefully I'll be able to help out more with any problems.

Posted Fri 16 Mar 18 @ 3:16 pm
I came across some more issues last night while using early access.

Sometimes the key display on the controller is different to what VDJ displays. I didn’t manage to take any photos though.

Also when it seemed I was using the cross fader and moved it right from the left to the right the waveforms on the controller would disappear on both sides.

Hope this helps.

Posted Sat 17 Mar 18 @ 1:44 pm
Tricky Gnosis, please don't post the same issue twice, thank you. It was answered in your first post.

Posted Sat 17 Mar 18 @ 7:15 pm
Yeah sorry I thought it made more sense here, and I added the question about external audio, but you're right. I should have deleted the other one.

Posted Sun 18 Mar 18 @ 12:42 am
37%