Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Pioneer DDJ-1000 - Unofficial Support - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Yes we have noticed that here too. Its how it's mapped in firmware. The crossfader doesnt seem to send very smooth data when around the center, its mostly accurate when at the edges, where it needs to be actually to offer best results on cuts.
Nothing to do here to improve its behavior.

Posted Sun 04 Mar 18 @ 6:19 pm
That’s the problem I have been having and to be honest I think pioneer have designed the xfader around scratching and nothing else because it just isn’t smooth at all.

Posted Sun 04 Mar 18 @ 6:34 pm
djdad wrote :
Yes we have noticed that here too. Its how it's mapped in firmware. The crossfader doesnt seem to send very smooth data when around the center, its mostly accurate when at the edges, where it needs to be actually to offer best results on cuts.
Nothing to do here to improve its behavior.

good to know its a firmware issue and dont need to return it

its not even a massive problem for me as i mix on the channel faders

Posted Sun 04 Mar 18 @ 7:18 pm
Can't wait for full support of this one. Was looking to go from my sx2 to this one.. I'm pretty sure it would fit into the same flight case

Posted Wed 07 Mar 18 @ 7:58 am
BokzerPRO InfinityMember since 2016
just got my 1000 today :) glad to see that a good portion of the mapping is done & also Oddessy (how ever you spell it) have just released their version of a flight case.. which is the one i will be buying..

thanks to those that have put in the hours trying to get the map done.. we all thank you long time :-P

im also a vertical fader mixer, so the horizontal fader issue wont bother me

Posted Wed 07 Mar 18 @ 8:48 am
i went to the odyssey site, the slide case is 46lbs! good God thats a heavy case!!! i placed my order, looks like theyre sold out everywhere... should have mine by end of month

Posted Wed 07 Mar 18 @ 3:12 pm
Eh? How many pounds?

I have the Swan Flightcase and with the DDJ-1000 inside it is a total of 32lbs. It does not have a sliding shelf though. Laptop will have to be setup separate from the case. I do have a Stanton Uberstand which will fit inside the back of the Swan case as it has 45mm gap beneath the DDJ-1000. The Uberstand will also fit underneath the flightcase as it has 4 big rubber feet on the base. Might set it up at the side of the case without the stand so that I can see the audience and they can see me. Will be trying it out for the first time at a gig on Friday with a bit of trial and error.

Posted Wed 07 Mar 18 @ 11:09 pm
While testing the Unofficial Mapping this morning I had a few crashes. It was when changing skin from DJDaD's Blocks to the Default skin while a tune was playing. VDJ crashed to the desktop then restarted itself, however, on the restart the sound configuration had changed to the Internal Soundcard. I had to select the DDJ-1000 button to get the sound output back.

I was connected to the internet at the time of the crashes, so, you should have the crash reports.

Posted Fri 09 Mar 18 @ 11:55 am
Unfortunately the crash was probably "too fast to be caught" so the uploaded dump was empty.
Can you reproduce at will ?

Posted Fri 09 Mar 18 @ 12:02 pm
Yes, I think so. It was happening once every few times.

Got to go out to do a few things, will try again in about 2 hours.

Posted Fri 09 Mar 18 @ 12:08 pm
OK, a freeze at about 14:45 UK time. This was when manually resetting the pitch with the pitch slider on the DDJ-1000, I had to force quit the program.

Had a crash to the desktop then back up and running in seconds, 14:53 UK time, the output setup did not change this time

Around 15:20 UK time I completely lost output from the right hand deck, yet, the left hand deck was continuing to output fine. The wave was moving along as normal. I loaded the right deck with the same tune that was playing on the left deck and the output was fine. I reloaded the tune that hadn't output before and this time it worked OK

I tried about 15-20 times to get it to crash by changing the skin. Eventually at 14:31 it crashed switching from the Blocks skin to the Default skin.
When the program restarted the sound output had not changed and seemed to work normally.

Gonna have to leave it there for today, got a gig tonight and have decided not to use the DDJ-1000 for the first time, I shall use my trusty Denon MC6000 MkII.

Cheers
Les

VDJ 8.2 b3994

Mid 2010 MBP i7, High Sierra, 512gb SSD bootcamped with Windows 7 64bit, external WD Passport Ultra 2Tb HD containing Music, Video & Karaoke databases.

Posted Fri 09 Mar 18 @ 3:47 pm
VDJ IWSPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Yesterday I worked the first gig with the ddj-1000 and virtual dj. Good job guys, stable and no problems (MSI gs70 win 10 i7 8gb gtx940)
Is it correct, that the lights on the pad mode not works yet?
Second question. Is it possible, that I can see videos in the vinyl in the default skin? Other skins have that feature and I can link videos with audio files when I drop the videofile in the vinyl. That was fantastic if it works in the default skin too.

Can't wait for the next version.

A very big thank you too all the developer for your fast and good work. The Controller is amazing, virtual dj works light-years better as the other Software

Posted Sat 10 Mar 18 @ 11:29 am
Thank you for the great work on this controller! Is it correct that the pads do not work on the controller or am I doing something wrong?

Posted Sat 10 Mar 18 @ 1:44 pm
You need to update VirtualDJ to the latest Early Access Build (enable EarlyAccessUpdates setting and restart VirtualDJ)

Posted Sat 10 Mar 18 @ 3:16 pm
djdad wrote :
You need to update VirtualDJ to the latest Early Access Build (enable EarlyAccessUpdates setting and restart VirtualDJ)

Thank you, DJ DAD, that was it! Wow that's really fun, many many thanks again for the great work!!!!

Posted Sun 11 Mar 18 @ 3:00 am
Is there a way to change the color of the hotcue pads? All hotcue pads on the left deck are blue and on the right deck are red.
I won't to use different colors for each hotcue pad.

Posted Mon 12 Mar 18 @ 7:23 am
There are 2 options regarding this:
1) Change the setting 'nonColoredPOI' to something that suits your needs better
and
2) Open a track on POI editor and select a color for each POI

PS:
No matter what you set your 'nonColoredPOI' setting at, if you choose a color for a POI on POI editor, the POI will take THAT color. In other words the manually selected color for a POI will always override the 'nonColoredPOI' setting (as the name of the setting itself suggests)

Posted Mon 12 Mar 18 @ 8:36 am
Thanks PhantomDeejay for the quick answer! That helped me a lot :-)

Posted Mon 12 Mar 18 @ 9:49 am
serieBPRO InfinityMember since 2017
Support staff wrote :

There is also a special DDJ-1K Settings Pad page included, which can be selected from the Pad pages drop-down list , and holds some useful settings for unit.

Hi guys. Would you please help me with this matter? I'm on the last Early Access Build with the mapping installed but I can't find where that page is.
In the general options under controller? MIDI/HID? Do I need to push anything in the controller? The picture provided looks like Rekordbox
The only important setting for me is the remaining time in the jogwheels led.
Sorry for that, I know it sounds ridiculous, but my knowledge about this software is quite limited. Thank you

Posted Mon 12 Mar 18 @ 5:29 pm
You can find it in the default skin

Posted Mon 12 Mar 18 @ 5:56 pm
18%