Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Rekordbox Lyric - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Posted Thu 18 Jan 18 @ 11:26 am
But doesn't VDJ already have a similar feature, where you add lyrics to a tracks and get a videoedit?

Like the example below. Isn't that the same kind of thing?

Posted Thu 18 Jan 18 @ 12:18 pm
Yeah but it’s not animated which is what sets Rekordboxes version apart from ours..... More style, ours is pretty basic...

Maybe you should watch the entire video.

Posted Thu 18 Jan 18 @ 12:21 pm
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
Yeah but it’s not animated which is what sets Rekordboxes version apart from ours..... More style, ours is pretty basic...

Maybe you should watch the entire video.

I did, but that didn't trigger anything for me :)
But true - VDJ currently only have 2 animations to choose from in the lyrics feature

Posted Thu 18 Jan 18 @ 12:24 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I just take the lyrics version of a song if I want to show the lyrics :P

No need for an extra Plugin and spending extra money (I guess).

Posted Thu 18 Jan 18 @ 1:22 pm
That’s not the point, at least to me anyways.

It’s about the customization that can be done with it....

As video djs we don’t always have a video when a song is released and there’s not always a lyric video ready either and if you don’t agree your lying.

I think you guys are just hating because it’s Pioneer and can’t get past that, smh.

Recently I had to do a bunch of lyric videos for a hip hop karaoke party and as I was setting them up with in VDJ I wished I could customize the lyrics more and then bam here comes Pioneer doing exactly what I was asking, lmao!!

Regardless of what you think about Pioneer, they did a good job with this provided it’s bug free and this is maybe something VDJ should also look at.....

Posted Thu 18 Jan 18 @ 1:45 pm

Regardless of what you think about Pioneer, they did a good job with this provided it’s bug free and this is maybe something VDJ should also look at.....

I agree VDJ definitely needs something like this..

Posted Thu 18 Jan 18 @ 3:55 pm

Sure. It should be pretty simple, since getting lyrics, and makinffvideos with them based on audio is already implemented. And there are a tone of visualisation plugins - so it's really just combining them :)

And I like Rekordbox DJ just fine.
They would be my second choice behind VDJ now
But I really wouldn't want to be Serato at the moment

Posted Thu 18 Jan 18 @ 4:17 pm
Apparently it's a monthly $7.90 subscription and you can't create your own lyrics. You're tied to whatever Rekordbox has in its catalogue.

Posted Thu 18 Jan 18 @ 5:41 pm
Why would I create my own lyrics?? Obviously they’d have to match the track, wouldn’t they??

And 7.99, big deal. I’d gladly pay VDJ that for this....

Geez I wish you guys would stop picking it apart and see it for what is..... it just adds more style, flavor to the way the lyrics look as compared to VDJ where as all I can do is change the color, font and where it appears on my screen..

Posted Thu 18 Jan 18 @ 5:50 pm
I'm only quoting from a review I saw (digitaldjtips if you want to read it).

Personally I think it looks great, but if you can't tweak then it's quite limited. There's already a post on the Pioneer forum from someone saying the lyrics are not in sync with the tunes, there are no lyrics for many of his tracks....

The djtechtools review OTOH provides a bit more in depth info (like the tech and company behind the lyric addon) and also says that there's DMX control coming to Rekordbox 5.2 (mid February) and a new Pioneer DMX dongle.

Posted Thu 18 Jan 18 @ 6:22 pm
To be fair there hasn't been anything major released in VDJ for ages now, so they may be working on things we don't know about ..... or Adion is on a Caribbean island sipping Bacardi all day long!

Posted Thu 18 Jan 18 @ 6:26 pm
so i guess pioneer partnered with these folks to do the lyrics display https://lyric-speaker.com/en/

they have a ultra expensive speaker that does pretty much the same exact thing.

Posted Thu 18 Jan 18 @ 8:33 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009

Posted Fri 19 Jan 18 @ 2:49 pm
Hahaa!! Shots fired!!

Yeah that’s straight at Sound Switch, saw that a few days ago.

Again if it works and works well more power to them. I can’t say they’re being “innovative” but yeah it’s what a lot of djs have asked for and they provided it.

Posted Sat 20 Jan 18 @ 1:21 am
anok4u2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hahaa!! Shots fired!!

Yeah that’s straight at Sound Switch, saw that a few days ago.

Again if it works and works well more power to them. I can’t say they’re being “innovative” but yeah it’s what a lot of djs have asked for and they provided it.

It works more or less in the same way as Soundswitch.
It gets it's info from this fixture database.
https://www.atlabase.com/
At the moment i do prefer the Freestyler8 plugin...it's free, only software, starts with VDJ, rocks like a beast, and you do have a fixture creator in Freestyler to add own DMX-fixtures.

Posted Sat 20 Jan 18 @ 2:06 am
Geez I wish you guys would stop picking it apart and see it for what is..... it just adds more style, flavor to the way the lyrics look as compared to VDJ where as all I can do is change the color, font and where it appears on my screen..

That's what you get when people have low expectations and no imagination.

Posted Sat 20 Jan 18 @ 3:22 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Rekordbox is turning into a force to be reckoned with, apparently the new version has a really good automix engine, so I'm expecting 50% of VDJ users to flock to it this year :D

Posted Sat 20 Jan 18 @ 5:15 am
bagpuss wrote :

really good automix engine

Not IME. Have you tried it?

That's the first thing I tried when I installed the 5.1 beta. Picked a couple of tracks, giving it a helping hand by selecting similar tempos and the same key. Let it mix them together. The result? A mess. I never gave it a second chance.

The one I'd like to hear is the new automix with AI in DJay Pro 2, but it's Mac only so I can't try it.

Posted Sat 20 Jan 18 @ 7:39 am
Can we actually discuss this idea a bit more.

It’s something I’d really like.

The idea that all lyrics are being fed from a local VDJ library (the way they are just now) suits much better.
Allows for sorting localised spellings, complete translations if you wanted to.

The system works. It just needs new animation styles and it would be amazing.

This would be a bit harder to implement, but a visual builder would be amazing.
Almost like PowerPoint where each word could be laid out, sized, coloured, styled as desired and just a build order where you basically tap through the track when you’d like the words to appear.
The idea of a slide per page of lyrics that you want visible at any one time.

Thanks

Posted Wed 12 Aug 20 @ 5:33 pm
95%