Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Vinyl Mode Stops Playing Music
Whenever I click vinyl mode on my Pioneer DJ DDJ-SB2, it will stop the music. I have tried reinstalling the drivers and Virtual DJ itself, but it keeps having the same issue. I haven't had any problems with this controller or software until now. If anyone with any answers could help me out that would be great.

Posted Tue 05 Dec 17 @ 3:28 am
If you look at the mapping for the function, what does it say?

Posted Tue 05 Dec 17 @ 4:47 am
klausmogensen wrote :

When I try to scratch in vinyl mode it says
JOG_OUT
JOG_VINYL
JOG_TOUCH_VINYL

Posted Tue 05 Dec 17 @ 5:00 am
DJDUNCAN_324 wrote :
klausmogensen wrote :

JOG_OUT
JOG_VINYL
JOG_TOUCH_VINYL

Ok.
The JOG_TOUCH_VINYL normally triggers the touchwheel_touch, which is like putting your hand on the platter on a turntable.
That stops the music when you are in vinyl mode, which is fine
But when you then start moving your hand to scratch, does it start triggering other jog events, or does it stay on JOG_TOUCH_VINYL with the music stopped?

Posted Tue 05 Dec 17 @ 5:28 am
klausmogensen wrote :
DJDUNCAN_324 wrote :
klausmogensen wrote :

JOG_OUT
JOG_VINYL
JOG_TOUCH_VINYL

Ok.
The JOG_TOUCH_VINYL normally triggers the touchwheel_touch, which is like putting your hand on the platter on a turntable.
That stops the music when you are in vinyl mode, which is fine
But when you then start moving your hand to scratch, does it start triggering other jog events, or does it stay on JOG_TOUCH_VINYL with the music stopped?

So the moment I click vinyl it says

VINYL

And that's the moment it stops playing music
I can then proceed to scratch but the music isn't playing anymore and it says

JOG_OUT
JOG_VINYL
JOG_TOUCH_VINYL

The moment I click out of vinyl mode the music starts back up.

Posted Tue 05 Dec 17 @ 5:37 am
If I understand you correctly I'm afraid that could be a hardware error on your controller
Because the JOG_TOUCH_VINYL command shouldn't get send to the software until you actually touch the jogwheel after you turn on vinyl
To VDJ it means, that your controller is telling it, that your hand is already holding the platter, and then it acts accordingly
I could be wrong, though, so lets see what other users have to say

Posted Tue 05 Dec 17 @ 6:43 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Does this happen with both sides/decks ?
Can you also test with the factory default mapping , just in case you have incorrectly assigned a Key ?

You can also try to ..
- Use the default 2 Decks skin
- Assign a custom button as touchwheel_touch
- Whenever this button lights up, it means that you hold the platter.
- If it lights up and you dont hold the platter, then click this button to "release" it.
- If it does this regularly, then either you have a faulty unit, or some grounding issues. the touch operation on some systems depends on the circuit that your body/hand creates with the ground.

Posted Tue 05 Dec 17 @ 8:26 am
I’m having the same problem, on deck 2 it will randomly stop and not play till I take it off vinyl mode
DDJ-SB2. Is there a fix?

Posted Fri 05 Jul 19 @ 2:59 am
Has anyone found a solution to this? This occurs only on deck #2 for me.

Posted Sun 22 Mar 20 @ 10:30 pm
did you try whats in djdads post and report the results here?

Posted Sun 22 Mar 20 @ 10:35 pm
Have a Question But Not this Controller

Does this goes to Map a Custom Button for Jogwheel Seek /Search by Frame we by a Double CD Player But for The Pioneer DDJ SB2 Controller?

Thanks For a answer

Greatings Dirk

Posted Mon 23 Mar 20 @ 6:12 pm
Hi I'm having a problem
I'm using virtual DJ 8.2 using numark mixtrack platinum and my vinyl does stop my music but from what I have seen the speakers also when it hook up to my controller the controller not responding and when I unplug the speakers it bk to normal

Posted Tue 01 Dec 20 @ 5:17 pm
I got the same problem yesterday and i never got the solution. When i hold the wheel it plays. When i try to scratch normal it starts to play and stops. There is a problem of hotcue fails to start music, play button fails, cue button fails. Then when it plays normal, scratch fails, it only slows and runs while scratching. Everything works well but wheel button, cue, play/stop button and hotcue fails

Posted Mon 30 May 22 @ 7:44 am
I have the same problem but with a roland Dj-202.
the only solution I have found is to unplug the dj-202 and plug it again.
luckily I play my sound from another sound card a roland mx-1 so the sound is un interrupted.
but this is an annoying glitch that they should fix.

Posted Sun 23 Oct 22 @ 8:36 pm