Forum: VirtualDJ 8.2 Technical Support

Use this forum to report any bug, questions or comment related to the latest version of VirtualDJ 8.2.

(NOTE: VirtualDJ 8.2 is continuously updated, so many older topic on this forum are most probably already fixed in the current build)
Topic: Stuttering video in latest update

Just had an VDJ update come through today. Played on the system tonight and noted that about three videos had "stuttering video" it's not freezing it looks like a special effect where the video is jumping around in a 1 second or so range of the correct position.
Latest update had a green screen fix for interlaced video and I suspect it's related to that. Stopping the track and playing again to see if it's vdj or an actual effect of the video and there was no stuttering.
It was stuttering in both the deck preview windows and the main, and switching video across decks didn't help.

Also there is a bug where if you have a plugin set for audio only tracks, if you play two MP3 files both decks preview Windows Dissapeared, but the main window shows the plugin correctly. Playing a MP3 and a video and the background plugin appears in the MP3 decks preview window.

Posted Thu 12 Oct 17 @ 1:05 pm

Posted Thu 12 Oct 17 @ 2:37 pm
Yep same problem here with some videos. I tried different computers and I have the same problem on all.

Posted Fri 13 Oct 17 @ 12:17 pm
I Rolled back to build 3848 and seems to be working fine no lag.

Posted Fri 13 Oct 17 @ 1:11 pm
Latest update, still have the problem.

Posted Mon 30 Oct 17 @ 2:19 am
newmskiPRO SubscriberMember since 2005
I had the same issue on Saturday 28th October. But the odd thing, the video I had an issue with, I played it early in the evening, it played fine, then about 01:17 : the file, a video mix I put together in Magix Vegas and export as .mp4, when I played it again, it did the stuttering effect as the original person who posted the issue described. The visual was fine, but the audio skipped, every second like an effect, or if a finger print was on the playing surface of a cd and it skipped. That sort of sound. But, I played something else from my tablet and rebooted Virtual DJ, played a diff file then afterwards in Virtual DJ, another video file .mp4 based again, and it was fine.
Version of Virtual DJ installed: 8.2.3954.0
My system is a windows 10, only about a month old, 8 gig ram, amd quad core am12 cpu. ati graphics and so forth. Using hdmi out.
Model: HP Notebook 15-ba043na

Posted Mon 30 Oct 17 @ 6:22 pm
There's been a few updates but this doesn't seem to be fixed.

Posted Wed 08 Nov 17 @ 7:52 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Would it be possible to send me one of the videos that shows this problem?
Not able to reproduce it here so far, and didn't find anything in recent updates either that I think might cause this

Posted Wed 08 Nov 17 @ 9:12 am
I have not noticed this in my last couple of gigs although it does appear to be totally random, and as stated before the same problem file will play perfectly well next time.

Here's one video it did happen on (please delete link after download)

---

I also increased my ASIO driver buffer on the MCX8000 so not sure if that has made a difference?

Posted Wed 08 Nov 17 @ 9:38 am
I'll see if I can save a file it does it on but note that as said one play will glitch, reloading the track and it will play perfectly.

The key here is that the problem appeared at exactly the same time that the green screen at the start of the video was fixed. I'm sure it's linked.

Perhaps we could UN fix the green screen problem!? It would likely fix this problem!

Posted Fri 10 Nov 17 @ 4:39 pm

Posted Fri 10 Nov 17 @ 8:47 pm