Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Stuttering video in latest update - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Just did it again on b4002. It's like it's jumping a frame every 16 beats or so and sounds horrible.

Cued the same video on the other deck, mixed it over the one that was playing and it was fine.

How weird.

Posted Wed 29 Nov 17 @ 12:15 am
This Issue is something we are having for a long time now and our solution is to render to MPG DVD 720x576 framerate 25.000 16:9 I-Frames 12 B frames 2 Field order and that's the most important None (Progressive Scan) at 9.500.000 bps that does it for us.
W're overhauling more than 17000 clips and after having made it render at those settings everything works like a charm.

Hope that does it for you 2
Greets Rob Huurman - Rojo Sound & Light

Posted Sun 03 Dec 17 @ 10:46 am
I can't render my videos again for multiple reasons.

Posted Sun 03 Dec 17 @ 2:45 pm
I have this issue too - MacBook Pro with Retina (2014), play mostly Mpeg2 VOB files. Same as everyone else:
I use 95% videos, mostly VOBS, and have done for 4 years and I haven't seen this before. Sometimes the video would jump forward and back frames a bit like a damaged VCR tape (it's hard to explain). It looked like an effect in a way but I'm sure it wasn't meant to. It happened about 5 or 6 times on different videos, but when I tried to replicate it again with the same videos it didn't happen so i know it's not the files themselves. The audio continued to play fine. I've tried to upload a video to show what it did - hope you can make it out.

https://youtu.be/vpkB8ugsdpw

I've found that if i click the video window preview to turn off the video output, then turn it back on, the video then continues to play fine. It comes back though in another video after a period of time. As I said, it's very random and not on the same video.

Posted Tue 09 Jan 18 @ 9:31 am
Surprised there isn't more complaints about this. Maybe many people don't notice coz the audio plays fine.

Posted Wed 10 Jan 18 @ 8:35 am
Any updates on this issue?

Posted Fri 12 Jan 18 @ 9:16 am
Wow, I recognize all the comments. And I'm very surprised that there's still no solving update from Virtual DJ. I have the same problems playing video's. It's not every time the same video, and one day the stuttering starts after 15 min, the other day after 1 hour. I thought I had a problem with the RAM or videocard of my MacBook. When this happens I'll load the same video as fast as I can on the other deck, make it play synchro and make a quick crossfade. Then suddenly it plays fine. Strange, but it works for me. I'll hope Virtual DJ will solve this in a short time. That would be great!

Posted Tue 16 Jan 18 @ 7:12 pm
What's it got to do with Native Instruments?

[edit] ah I see you've edited your post. I can do that too :-)

BTW the company is called Atomix, not Virtual DJ.

Posted Tue 16 Jan 18 @ 7:13 pm
Fixed in a short time is already out the door. This problem was introduced while the devs were trying to fix the green screen at start of videos back about July 2017.

But this bug has gone under the radar, I'd settle for undoing the green screen fix (the customers never saw that bug) and fix the playback bug that makes our equipment look faulty.

Posted Wed 17 Jan 18 @ 4:07 pm
Happened again last night on a video I play all the time.

Different PC and controller so it's definitely a VDJ issue. Seemed to pause part of the 8th beat all the way through the video.

I took a recording of it here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dz2c1cmsz510fmp/20180212_232402.mp4?dl=0

Also some videos are stuttering on the picture only but not causing a problem with the audio. Again random and not specific to any file.

Posted Tue 13 Feb 18 @ 11:17 am
Any updates on this?

Do I need to try rolling back quite a while or resetting my settings.xml file?

Posted Thu 15 Feb 18 @ 3:42 pm
I have a solution... Recently I was using my backup 32bit win7 on an elderly laptop - VDJ8 working fine with videos! Aero theme switched off. Hardware acceleration turned off in VDJ8 (videoUseDXVA turned off). Then I updated to 32bit Win10 (don't ask me how or why!!!) - I noticed the glitches in Video (audio seems fine).

The fix for me was to edit some advanced windows settings... From the window icon (bottom left) search for "advanced system".... click "view advanced system settings (control panel)" This should bring up the old style "system properties" and be in the "advanced tab". There are three buttons called "settings...", the first button is for "performance"... This opens up a dialog for "visual effects" - click on the radio button that says "adjust for best performance" and apply those settings - restart VDJ8 and check all settings for videoUseDXVA and turn that off. Now I have a usable Win10 32bit version of VDJ8 for backup purposes.

Posted Sat 03 Mar 18 @ 7:41 pm
Diamond, the problem for these specific videos is a VDJ problem. Your problem had nothing to do with this specific problem.

Posted Sat 03 Mar 18 @ 11:35 pm
Still happening in Windows 8.1

Posted Sun 04 Mar 18 @ 1:33 am
I have it happening on Windows 10, it started when the devs tried fixing the green screen at first frame of mpeg2 files issue.

Is settle for them "un-fixing" the issue again. The green screen issue is not seen by the customers, only the dj cuing tracks up. The video stuttering is seen by all the customers, and I've had complaints from managers twice now about the video being stuck on the clubs screens.

Posted Sun 11 Mar 18 @ 9:52 am
Any updates on this?

I have 2 laptops, win 7 and win 10. Both laptops with SSD drives and powerful video controllers. I play videos as well when i am djing and also do karaoke party. This is a big problem for so long now. I was hoping it would be fixed soon but still nothing through updates. Of course I can't render all my videos to fix this issue, it would take a lifetime for me. So I would prefer to have the green line back instead of this.

Posted Sat 24 Mar 18 @ 2:33 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006

Posted Sat 24 Mar 18 @ 3:08 pm
Ok problem solved by unistalling virtual dj (Kept all settings and databases of course) and reinstall version v8.0.2191, i had it saved in my downloads on my old laptop since 2015 by luck. Then you have to reset to factory defaults and set up the settings you prefer, logo etc...With this old version, there is no green line and of course no stuttering video, videos plays smooth and perfect.

Posted Sat 24 Mar 18 @ 3:10 pm
oh i didn't see your post earlier. I will do now with 4204 on my backup laptop and let you know.
Thank you.

Posted Sat 24 Mar 18 @ 3:15 pm
Problem is even worse with 4204. Playing the same song and makes the stuttering. Here are 2 links below, one recorded video via VDJ and one from my phone to see the software running. The missing buttons are becuase of the test mode i guess.. The same video was playing perfect when i rolled back to version 8.0.2191

1. https://youtu.be/hW7xEjq-M4c

2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sazr01p5lOc

Posted Sat 24 Mar 18 @ 4:50 pm
37%