Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: 8.2 build 3621 - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
And let's not forget the fine print, Spotify is for Home use only.

So if you are a VDJ Home user you cant install the plugin. And if you are a VDJ Pro user then its not legal to use outside of your house. So what is the point?

Posted Wed 01 Mar 17 @ 4:17 pm
Andy7689 wrote :
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
And let's not forget the fine print, Spotify is for Home use only.

So if you are a VDJ Home user you cant install the plugin. And if you are a VDJ Pro user then its not legal to use outside of your house. So what is the point?

Correct, lmao!!

It has its uses I'm sure just not for me.

Posted Wed 01 Mar 17 @ 4:59 pm
Hang on, so you need a Spotify Premium account (which allows downloading and listening offline) to use this new feature in VDJ - but you can't cache tracks?

Has anyone tried playing a downloaded Spotify track?

Seems rather strange to require a "non streaming" Spotify account for it, then only allow streaming.

Posted Wed 01 Mar 17 @ 6:33 pm
So I enabled it and gave it a try. The load time for songs is painfully slow. I waited more than 60 seconds before the second song I tried to load actually started downloading. This happened on two different computers, on two completely different networks. The first was an 800Mbps connection, the second was on a 300Mbps connection.

Posted Wed 01 Mar 17 @ 6:40 pm
Andy7689 wrote :

Look on every cd you bought, look on every vinyl you bought, look at Itunes conditions... you can't use any of those if you want to use them for public use. You need additional licenses. In Belgium you even need a dj license to play with a copy of the original download/cd/.. because you can only make a copy of music for personal use. If you want to play in public, please contact the responsable in your country, because it's different in every country.

I'm happy that I can find new records with Spotify, practice them in my set and then buy the vinyl. I only play with he real stuff ;-))

Posted Wed 01 Mar 17 @ 7:14 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Why do I have to now reset root folders and get all folders to just look in one folder.I don't like looking folders I don't use unless I need to get a sample or hook from them.

Posted Wed 01 Mar 17 @ 7:37 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
AsTheDJ+ wrote :
Why do I have to now reset root folders and get all folders to just look in one folder.I don't like looking folders I don't use unless I need to get a sample or hook from them.

Ok I see How it work a lot of steps to add and remove,but I think I got it with the Root Folders..

Posted Wed 01 Mar 17 @ 7:47 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
How does this work ? - experimentalBeatAnalyzer option added

Posted Thu 02 Mar 17 @ 8:33 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You set the option to yes, then any song you analyze or reanalyze uses the modified algorithm

Posted Thu 02 Mar 17 @ 8:53 am
I have tested the Spotify plugin on both Fibre Broadband (55mbps) and 4G (60+mbps) and the loading (or streaming) as stated above is painfully slow.

In some cases it just keeps up with the progress of the song and I wouldn't feel confident using it right now. I would prefer to wait until the whole track loads however the previous one would be finished by then so it's not really an option. A couple of times the track partially loaded then stopped.

Great idea but not really useable in it's current state. I would either like the option to "cache" the songs or for the loading time to be greatly improved.

Thank you.

Posted Thu 02 Mar 17 @ 11:28 am
And also the Discogs cover art search is only showing the first cover. If you use the right arrow to scroll on all the other ones are blank and the left arrow won't go back to the first cover.

Posted Thu 02 Mar 17 @ 12:04 pm
There is definately some bug concerning this build. I've lost my favourite and some of my filter folders. I've also noticed that the 'my library' folder is missing and all of my songs have lost their bpm, cue points etc.

Posted Thu 02 Mar 17 @ 12:41 pm
Nothing like that here. Everything is intact as before and even after playing about with the folder structure a bit it's all fine.

It's always good practice to back up your virtualdj folder before installing a pre-release build so you can roll back with no issues if something goes wrong.

Posted Thu 02 Mar 17 @ 1:07 pm
I found the time for some testing.
Spotify loads very slow, even on a 200Mbps-line.
Deezer does not load, I can see my playlists, but I get an error on loading.

VDJ also closed 2 times in half an hour testing.

Posted Thu 02 Mar 17 @ 1:12 pm
Panic over! I restarted my computer and everything is back to how it was.

Posted Thu 02 Mar 17 @ 1:34 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
There is nothing we can do to improve the loading time; that particular restriction is on Spotify's end.

Posted Thu 02 Mar 17 @ 2:53 pm
Amazing update!! Thanks Atomix!!!

Posted Thu 02 Mar 17 @ 3:15 pm
SBDJ wrote :
There is nothing we can do to improve the loading time; that particular restriction is on Spotify's end.

So Spotify makes a difference between VDJ and Djay Pro, because Djay Pro loads almost instantly.

Any comment on Deezer not working? is it me, or is this general?

Posted Thu 02 Mar 17 @ 3:20 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
There may be a problem using Deezer with trial accounts, we are still investigating.

Posted Thu 02 Mar 17 @ 3:26 pm
I have a Premium+ account on Deezer.
I can log off, and log on again (and I get a black box saying invalid link or so).
But I can see my playlists, and look up songs. I can drag them, but than I get an error.

With Spotify it's almost impossible to analyse tracks, other software fills in BPM and key instantly.

Posted Thu 02 Mar 17 @ 3:41 pm
27%