Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Netsearch not working in latest build - Page: 3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Yes but Content Unlimited is working. It's Netsearch (the free part) which is broken.

This has been stated/explained numerous times in multiple threads all over the forum since the issue began.

Posted Sat 22 Oct 16 @ 4:09 pm
T
groovindj wrote :
Yes but Content Unlimited is working. It's Netsearch (the free part) which is broken.

This has been stated/explained numerous times in multiple threads all over the forum since the issue began.

It has been stated/explained in multiple threads but repeating useless information does not make it valid so here we go again. In the words of virtual DJ:

For as low as $9.99 per month, you can play ANY song you want, from the millions available, without limits, as long as your subscription is active. You can even download all the songs you want on your computer and play them in VirtualDJ without an Internet connection.

With a ContentUnlimited subscription, you will be able to face almost any request from your customers, even for songs you never heard about. And you'll always have access to the latest tracks as soon as they get released, no matter where you are.

That is the service that the customers are paying for. I don't care if some free add on is broken, I'm not paying for that. What I do care about is the fact that virtual DJ has in very clear terms on it's very own website stated that for as low as $9.99 per month, you can play ANY song you want and at the moment, that could not be further from the truth.

Your failure to understand and grasp these simple facts is mystifying.

Posted Sat 22 Oct 16 @ 11:18 pm
Any song you want from millions available. If your song is not in the millions it is not available....

Posted Sun 23 Oct 16 @ 12:15 am
mondogar wrote :

Your failure to understand and grasp these simple facts is mystifying.

I'm not failing to understand anything.

I understand that no service (rental or purchase of tracks) can possibly have ALL tracks from EVERY artist, allowing the user to play ANY track they want.

Even the biggest and/or most popular services in the world don't have EVERY track in existance. If you're leaving Content Unlimited because of that, well good luck finding somewhere else because it seems to me that you're expecting way too much for $9.99.

BTW if someone requests a track you don't have, there is no shame in telling them you don't have it / can't play it. :-)

Posted Sun 23 Oct 16 @ 6:53 am
It seems that you fail to understand that what Virtual DJ offer and deliver are two very different things which seems to be at the heart of most peoples issues.

Taking requests isn't my problem. Staying up to date with current music is my problem. I have a spotify subscription that I use via the DJ app on my iphone which is the back up plan and virtual DJ is the number one tool that I use. I am making the move to Algoriddim DJ pro now though on Mac and I will seek out something else as a back up plan.

As I already stated, I own a vast collection of music and I am not reliant on any one catalogue of music to get me through any one event but when something that I am paying for changes the way it operates for the worse, I am going to stop paying for that. And I don't want to hear the Net Search BS again. What I am paying for is Content Unlimited and I have already posted what Virtual DJ offer. This is 100% them taking their customers for granted and running a bad business. My prediction is that unless they sort this out, virtual DJ will become irrelevant very quickly.

I'm outta here.

Posted Sun 23 Oct 16 @ 12:48 pm
mondogar wrote :
virtual DJ will become irrelevant very quickly.

Nonsense. I suspect that most pro DJs using VDJ will have their own music collection, and don't rely on streaming rented music or think they need to meet every request they get, no matter how obscure.

VDJ has already been around for many years before Content Unlimited or Netsearch was introduced. Did it fail? No.

Same with Traktor, Serato Scratch/Itch/DJ and all the other smaller fish in the DJ software sea. Streaming and rental services are relatively new and DJing existed long before they arrived.

DJing does not depend on these things being available. You're talking as if it does. The world will not end if DJs can't stream or download from VDJ.

Posted Sun 23 Oct 16 @ 1:45 pm
I'm not going to say too much as the last thread I participated in got wiped off the face of the planet.

Bottom line is that there are alternatives, some tied in to other DJ software and some "illegal" of sorts.

It's up to you if you don't think the content without Netsearch is suitable. If people unsubscribe then so be it.

As Groovin says, something like this should be for the odd "out there" request but it seems many have subscription services the backbone of their collection and that is just plainly stupid as these things can come and go. Grooveshark previously did this and screwed quite a few users up.

Posted Sun 23 Oct 16 @ 3:20 pm
So it's over two weeks since this thread was started, and still no statement from Atomix.

I'm really not interested in the 'Content Unlimited is working it's the free Netsearch that isn't' or the 'You shouldn't rely on streaming audio' or Netsearch was always a free add on that you never paid for or any other of the opinions/arguments that have been raised in this thread. Whether the Netsearch option was free, an add on, a useful feature that we had no right to expect or any other way you want to describe it, Content Unlimited - a service that I am paying for - is quite frankly useless without it or a vastly updated catalogue for the paid for subscription. It should be more aptly named Content Limited

The fact of the matter is that there have been at least three software updates since this thread was started and the Netsearch options both in the control panel and in the UI folder list are still there, as is the wording on the web page advertising Content Unlimited -

With a ContentUnlimited subscription, you will be able to face almost any request from your customers, even for songs you never heard about.  And you'll always have access to the latest tracks as soon as they get released, no matter where you are. 

From the options still being available in the software and the wording on the website it's not unreasonable to expect a service that works and delivers the goods it clearly should do. The total lack of response or issue of a statement to let it's customer base know what's happening and whether or not to expect a useable service in the future (whether that's from Netsearch, a new content catalogue that delivers results or the CU option is to be discontinued altogether) from Atomix to any of the many threads on this same topic is downright incredibly poor service. Maybe they think by ignoring it that it will just go away..........wrong!!!

Just please let us know what's happening!!!!!!

Posted Sun 30 Oct 16 @ 1:22 pm

Selected as best answer Posted Sun 30 Oct 16 @ 1:24 pm
Thanks for the link and thanks to Atomix for the statement, which finally clarifies the situation. Here's hoping to them finding a successful solution

Posted Sun 30 Oct 16 @ 5:51 pm
Also look here.

LOCKED AS REDUNDENT BY AMAHM

Posted Sun 30 Oct 16 @ 8:40 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)