Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Netsearch not working in latest build - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

mondogar wrote :
Now looking at this as an alternative.
https://www.pulselocker.com/info

Algoriddim djay with Spotify is not legal to use as a DJ if you play public gigs (in the bedroom you can do anything you want)
There have been discussions about this on several DJ sites
The reason is that Spotify content isn't licensed for public use

Pulselocker is the best alternative if you want "inline" streaming with your software. That works with Serato and Rekordbox
Last time I tested Pulselocker the integration with the software were not as good as VDJ and Content Unlimited, and it has less content than Content Unlimited.
On top of that the tracks were often tagged wrong, so that you got live versions or cover version.
There are som really angry post on the Serato forum about Pulselocker
But you can test it for free if you have Serato - just like you can with Content Unlimited (60 sec snippets)

Posted Mon 17 Oct 16 @ 12:19 pm
Yeah, IMO Pulselocker is not very good (putting it mildly). Review by Mojaxx from DJ City https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD8dzYlpifo

That's not down to lack of content. It's because the content is hard to find. The search engine (if you can call it that) is dreadful.

You would think that if you input an artist and title, the first result would be that artist and title, right? Not with Pulselocker. The track you want might be be number 20 or so on the list. Then you might find that it's not the original version anyway.

If you research, you'll see that Pulselocker were around a few years ago, then vanished. This is probably why. You'd think they would have learned from that and improved things. It amazes me how the likes of Serato and Pioneer have signed up for it. Did they not try the service themselves first?

Best solution - buy your music. Build up a good enough library that you can meet most requests without needing the net.

Posted Mon 17 Oct 16 @ 6:05 pm
Thanks for that link to the review. That really presents a bad picture and doesn't look like it will tick any of the correct boxes!

As I mentioned in previous comment, you can find in the small print on the vast majority of CD's that they are not to be used for commercial purposes and I am pretty sure that you will find the same in iTunes t's&c's so from a legal perspective, you are still not playing it by the book by buying the music. It is definitely the safer option and I already own a collection of music that will cover me in most scenarios but in this day and age, I think it can be considered very unprofessional if a DJ cannot provide a track on demand.

All of this is pointing me in the direction of Algoriddim Djay.

Posted Mon 17 Oct 16 @ 9:51 pm
This is my first time (in the forum) .Music is my hobby and I have Virtual Dj for long time , I never used for business or make a penny with virtual dj , CU no work in my area for few weeks but last Saturday work fine for my and I have lot music too day later I update and same things happen CU no work .CU versus Net search ???? . All we need is MUSIC that see !!!!!!!

Posted Tue 18 Oct 16 @ 12:08 am
Just to add insult to injury, my subscription has gone up twice in the last 3 months without any prior notification that this was happening. (to the best of my knowledge anyway).
I am now paying £ 2.40 a month more than i was 3 months ago. I was just billed this morning for £11.99, the previous 2 months were £10.79 and the month before was £9.59. Am i alone in this?

Edit: Sorry i have just noticed what the problem may be. It looks like i have been charged the dollar amount in GBP. Possibly we are going to be victims of the sorry state of the pound but it still looks like there has been a mistake on my billing amount. I'll raise a ticket for this.

Posted Tue 18 Oct 16 @ 10:47 am
Telboy62 wrote :
Edit: Sorry i have just noticed what the problem may be. It looks like i have been charged the dollar amount in GBP. Possibly we are going to be victims of the sorry state of the pound but it still looks like there has been a mistake on my billing amount. I'll raise a ticket for this.

That's probably right. I'm also getting charged in dollars. Danish kroner isn't an option, so the price always varies a bit

Posted Tue 18 Oct 16 @ 11:21 am
Still looks as if there's some mistake though K. 11.99 is the correct dollar amount but i have beem charged 11.99 Pounds. Ticket raised though. I'll post the outcome if you are interested.

Posted Tue 18 Oct 16 @ 11:29 am
VAT is added so that could be the difference.

Posted Tue 18 Oct 16 @ 11:32 am
VAT is added so that could be the difference.

Yes i see that kradcliffe but VAT is added EVERY month and my subs have still gone up twice in the last 3 months.

Posted Tue 18 Oct 16 @ 11:35 am
Must be the exchange rate then. Bummer.

Posted Tue 18 Oct 16 @ 11:42 am
Must be the exchange rate then. Bummer.

Looks like it. Brexit eh? lol.

Posted Tue 18 Oct 16 @ 11:51 am
ok .... this is my second time at this forum .Price ? lets make total !!! I have been paying this

CUE
CUE 5 LE
CUE 5 LE (total control)
CUE LE (DMC2)
Virtual DJ 7 Pro
Content unlimited Audio (for more the one year)
Content unlimited Video (for 3 moths ready)
All be pay in USA Dollars . How much is ????
Now let me tell you this is my HOBBY and I can pay for something that work for my .But in this moment is RIDICULOUS what happen ,Atomix promise access to more the 15 millions the song and DON`T WORK .some moderator it gives the excuse that we have CU is working and IS NO TRUE .I'm Spanish guy and before I have access to many song in Spanish and now don't work . Who don't know Julio Iglesias is a big name and check in CU audio or Video nothing came true . Don`t bring more excuse PLEASE

Posted Tue 18 Oct 16 @ 10:55 pm
So what are you guys personally using for a music service? I find it unlikely that you are buying everything on CD and burning it onto a hard drive. Help....what is the best music service available for a reasonable price?

Posted Wed 19 Oct 16 @ 4:34 am
Typeiisupernova wrote :
So what are you guys personally using for a music service? I find it unlikely that you are buying everything on CD and burning it onto a hard drive. Help....what is the best music service available for a reasonable price?

I am of the belief that the days of CD are gone and not coming back. I don't even have a CD drive on my laptop.

I am considering make the move to Algoriddim DJ which uses spotify to stream music. I am going to stick it out with virtual DJ until the end of the year but if the situation has not improved by then, I am jumping ship!

Posted Wed 19 Oct 16 @ 11:58 am
groovindj wrote :
Best solution - buy your music. Build up a good enough library that you can meet most requests without needing the net.

This has worked for me since I started this journey. I believe that I should have everything that I need. Content Unlimited is for the tracks that are off the wall, or that I don't know about yet, and will buy if necessary. Netsearch worked for me because of all the foreign stuff, but I did not pay for that, and knew I could not depend on it. I make a lot of money on request in the strip club, for foreign stuff, so have found other methods to supplement Netsearch (can't disclose). However, 99.9% of my music I pay for. If I lived in Romania, and was a Romanian DJ. I would buy Romanian music.

The bottom line is I am the DJ, and it is up to me to provide the music that my clients are paying me for. If youe are unable to do that, maybe this is not the career for you. There is no crying in DJing, as Tom Hanks would say.

Posted Wed 19 Oct 16 @ 5:52 pm

A Man and His Music wrote :

The bottom line is I am the DJ, and it is up to me to provide the music that my clients are paying me for. If youe are unable to do that, maybe this is not the career for you. There is no crying in DJing, as Tom Hanks would say.

The bottom line is that until a few weeks ago Virtual DJ offered an amazing service and it now offers something useless. Still no improvement. I'm out. They have a lost a customer.

Posted Fri 21 Oct 16 @ 8:34 pm
A statement from Atomix would go a long way to easing the situation...............I suspect that they're going to lose a lot more customers by simply ignoring the multitude of threads on this forum alone as they seem to be doing

Posted Sat 22 Oct 16 @ 12:17 pm
Er.....how are they going to lose a customer? You've already bought the software.

Posted Sat 22 Oct 16 @ 12:59 pm
Content Unlimited is a monthly subscription.

Posted Sat 22 Oct 16 @ 2:58 pm
P.s: Did that really need explaining?

Posted Sat 22 Oct 16 @ 2:58 pm
78%