Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: ContentUnlimited - official comment - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

As some of you already noticed, our ContentUnlimited service has had access to a smaller catalog for the past few weeks.
First, we would like to apologize for the lack of communication so far. Since this involved some Non Disclosure Agreements and some legal actions, our lawyers asked us not to comment on any of it until now.
For the sake of total transparency (now that the lawyers finally let us talk), I wanted to personally clarify the situation.
It all comes down to public display versus private use rights.
Our main providers, iDJPool, VJPro and KaraokeCloud, are all licensed for public display, and offer a full catalog of "promotional" tracks, that the labels are happy to let DJs around the world play, because it has a chance to drive sales from the DJ's audience.
However, for the rest of the tracks, like oldies, foreign or culture-specific tracks, most of the major labels don't allow any public display rights for streaming.
That's why we had to remove those for now.
Of course we spent the last month in discussion with all our partners involved to find an alternative solution.
Unfortunately it is not so easy to make the labels understand that not all DJs are big-club residents who only play the same 50 tracks, but that the majority of DJs actually play in wedding, barmitzvah, proms, etc.
Anyway, we are finally coming up with some solutions, and we will make some changes in the coming weeks to bring back more oldies and hard-to-find content into netSearch.
I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank again our ContentUnlimited subscribers, who help keep the music industry alive, with their contributions that are redistributed to the labels and artists.

Posted Mon 24 Oct 16 @ 4:28 pm
Thank you for this information, i m still waiting for using the content unlimited, i now miss al lot of music/ dutch music.
I hope there is soon a solution ,
Gr a happy content unlimited user.

Posted Mon 24 Oct 16 @ 4:39 pm
Fantastic, I knew that this statement would come at some point, I trust you guys at Atomix to do the best job that you can within the legal restraints.
Keep the faith, keep on doing what you're doing, you guys rock!

Posted Mon 24 Oct 16 @ 4:42 pm
Thanks.

I notice the terms for Content Unlimited have changed again, what are the "authorized countries" as this is still unclear.

Previously it had stated it was for USA and territories use only and when I pushed to get an answer as to whether Content Unlimited was legal in the UK your moderators completely erased the thread which is not really good for customer relations.

Posted Mon 24 Oct 16 @ 5:20 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Thanks.

I notice the terms for Content Unlimited have changed again, what are the "authorized countries" as this is still unclear.

Previously it had stated it was for USA and territories use only and when I pushed to get an answer as to whether Content Unlimited was legal in the UK your moderators completely erased the thread which is not really good for customer relations.

iDJPool confirmed that while their website cater only to US customers, they are licensed to provide for European customers too, so yes it's ok to use in the UK.

Posted Mon 24 Oct 16 @ 5:47 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Finally, the US gets it own back on the UK and we become a territory of the good ole USA without a shot even being fired... rofl.

Posted Mon 24 Oct 16 @ 7:54 pm
Whaooo !!!!!!!! THANK YOU for the information on this way we will all grateful and contribute to Virtual DJ remains the LEADER

Posted Mon 24 Oct 16 @ 10:45 pm
Thanks for the statement!

There are still discussions regarding if the iDJPool content (CU audio) has minimized, or if it's just Netsearch audio
I personally can't find any examples of content missing from CU audio which used to be there, but some are saying it has minimized
Does anybody know for sure?

Posted Tue 25 Oct 16 @ 6:17 am

Posted Tue 25 Oct 16 @ 11:59 am
OldTomPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Thanks for the clarification. I cancelled my Content Unlimited subscription just last week because of the lack of songs that would be of use to me as a wedding DJ. No fault of yours at Atomix -- Just wasn't working for me.
Now, with your statement in mind, I will be looking forward to new developments that may entice me to renew that monthly music only subscription. Please keep us posted.

Posted Tue 25 Oct 16 @ 12:29 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Thank you so is it fix so i can rejoin?

Posted Tue 25 Oct 16 @ 2:35 pm
I appreciate the statement but it's been broken for over a month and your customer support team is the worst in the world. They don't answer the question. They actually demean you and say you must not be searching properly. Today a guy asked me if I was spelling the artist correctly. Are you freaking kidding me? They should be crediting everyone for 2 months. Don't have "You can play ANY song you want, from the millions available" on your website since that is not true. Don;t say that it's only the hard to find songs that are not there since there are ZERO songs by Rihanna and Justin Timberlake. There are songs feat. them but not by them. That's unacceptable.

Posted Tue 25 Oct 16 @ 5:35 pm
Why does it work on VDJ7 but not on 8? You say it's a legal issue but that would knock out 7 too. Once again poor customer support. I used to love this and recommended it to many but nobody wants to pay for something that doesn't work. Hopefully it does soon or you can hire someone that knows how to use VDJ7 and move that software to 8.

Posted Tue 25 Oct 16 @ 6:13 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
djdavehoff13 wrote :
Don;t say that it's only the hard to find songs that are not there since there are ZERO songs by Rihanna and Justin Timberlake. There are songs feat. them but not by them.

I thought this statement was a bit strange so I did a few searches for those two artists across a number of years. Try to add a particular song name, and it shows dozen of results for each tracks. Here are some examples for Rihanna, which should give you the idea:

Posted Tue 25 Oct 16 @ 6:21 pm
First off I do not subscribe to CU, but I should get the same search results as a person that does I would assume. On that premise I searched the same way you did and got the same results. Then I just searched for Rhianna and I did not get the songs listed as your search produced. I got mostly feats. Why would the search for Rhianna not come up with S.O.S and the other songs you searched for? Am I searching the wrong way? I would think if I searched for the artist, CU would list all songs available...

Posted Tue 25 Oct 16 @ 7:23 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You make your query and that is passed to the content providers who give their list of results for that query. Think about it - Rihanna has lots of songs, and each of those songs has lots of remixes, edits and versions. A search result of a song featuring Rihanna is just as valid as a song by Rihanna after all.

The number of results returned by the search is limited, so you are unlikely to see all the songs by an artist. As above, CU had 36 results for Rude Boy alone!

The best way to get the results you want as I said above is to qualify your search - be specific. If that doesn't get you any results, then you can try loosening your query.

I hope this helps explain a little :)

Posted Tue 25 Oct 16 @ 8:47 pm
fallguy66 wrote :
Then I just searched for Rhianna and I did not get the songs listed as your search produced. I got mostly feats.

I do agree with you, that one would expect that a search for just "Rhianna" should show first the most popular songs from Rhianna, not featuring first.
Unfortunately, the search is not done by VirtualDJ, it's done by the content provider, we do not control their search algorithm.
Nonetheless, I will reach out to our partner and see if there is any way they could improve their search algorithm to avoid this problem.
Thank you for pointing this out.

Posted Tue 25 Oct 16 @ 9:58 pm
This is probably part of the problem. There are a lot of people like me who think that by searching the artist they will get all the songs by the artist available. I guess however a DJ would be searching for a particular song and not for all songs that an artist has available. Thanks for your input!

Posted Tue 25 Oct 16 @ 10:03 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
djdavehoff13 wrote :
I appreciate the statement but it's been broken for over a month and your customer support team is the worst in the world.

Which part of non disclosure agreement do you not understand?
Worst customer support in the world, hyperbole much?
Have ever visited the DMV?

Posted Tue 25 Oct 16 @ 10:18 pm
sclavel wrote :
fallguy66 wrote :
Then I just searched for Rhianna and I did not get the songs listed as your search produced. I got mostly feats.

I do agree with you, that one would expect that a search for just "Rhianna" should show first the most popular songs from Rhianna, not featuring first.
Unfortunately, the search is not done by VirtualDJ, it's done by the content provider, we do not control their search algorithm.
Nonetheless, I will reach out to our partner and see if there is any way they could improve their search algorithm to avoid this problem.
Thank you for pointing this out.

Just got the word back from iDJPool, they'll change their search algorithm to fix this. (and it should be in effect in just a few days)

Posted Tue 25 Oct 16 @ 10:37 pm
14%