Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Content Unlimited does not work!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm logging in with my active account and when I search in the search box, it respond with "0 files" - this is fir Virtual DJ 8.2 b3432
If i do the same in Virtual DJ 7 home, after logging in, the Content Unlimited works just fine, but home will not work with my NI deck.
Please help!! I'm doing a gig in less than 16 hours, and all worked just fine until the app just updated it self, :-/

Posted Thu 13 Oct 16 @ 10:49 pm
NuzzletPRO InfinityMember since 2015
Make sure you are not searching net search. Right click on the catalog, and add to search DB

Posted Thu 13 Oct 16 @ 11:07 pm
well, the add to DB seem not to solve the issue, still not showing full results when doing a search, I got some listed, but not full list as before.

Posted Thu 13 Oct 16 @ 11:18 pm
Still something is very wrong with the search in Content Unlimited in my Virtual DJ
I can't find any of the old stuff anymore, anyone?
Does anyone get results in the DB when searching "george duke" or "susanne sundfør" equals 0 files as result for me.
What is wrong?
I have tried full reinstall, the same happens, and even when searching on a parallell new install on another MacBook Air.
Isn't the Content Unlimited supposed to cover almost anything out there?
Please help, now its less than 8 hours to the gig, and my tool is not working as before!
May I please have my version 7 back, it did work without any issues.

Posted Fri 14 Oct 16 @ 6:33 am
As mentioned many times in all the previous posts about this, you can go back to an earlier build where the service is working.

Please note though that the terms and conditions of Content Unlimited appear to have changed recently, and it's now only legal for use in the US.

Posted Fri 14 Oct 16 @ 5:21 pm
dynabeat wrote :
Still something is very wrong with the search in Content Unlimited in my Virtual DJ
I can't find any of the old stuff anymore, anyone?
Does anyone get results in the DB when searching "george duke" or "susanne sundfør" equals 0 files as result for me.
What is wrong?
I have tried full reinstall, the same happens, and even when searching on a parallell new install on another MacBook Air.
Isn't the Content Unlimited supposed to cover almost anything out there?
Please help, now its less than 8 hours to the gig, and my tool is not working as before!
May I please have my version 7 back, it did work without any issues.

Content unlimited is working fine. But please note that using Content Unlimited is now only licensed for the US
Content Unlimited mainly has never stuff in several validated versions, and in high quality
Netsearch (the free add on) is not working in newer builds. Build 3398 is the last build where Netsearch is working
Netserach used to be the addon that gave old the old unvalidated stuff from the internet

Posted Sat 15 Oct 16 @ 12:19 pm
Hi,

I am based in Ireland and content unlimited has basically started to become impossible to use. I have all the standard files downloaded to my cache but whenever searching for new stuff, I rarely find what I am after.

Does this licence issue spell the end for virtual DJ? It may become an irrelevant piece of software for me if content unlimited fails to work the way it has done in the past.

Anyone any ideas about which way this is heading?

Posted Sat 15 Oct 16 @ 6:34 pm
No, because Atomix are keeping quiet and ignoring all the forum posts.

You can still use Netsearch if you go back to an older build. Part of the problem is that some users thought the "free" stuff was in fact provided by Content Unlimited and that's not the case. Now that part has been removed many are finding their searches greatly reduced.

Posted Sat 15 Oct 16 @ 6:49 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Maybe because they don't have the answer....yet
I am sure if they had the answer, so would all of you.
These days licensing issues take time and the rules and access are constantly changing.

We have guys wanting to burn copy through recording, that in itself has a whiplash affect on VDJ as a server and illegal as hell.

Its not the first time a new version was needed to make features work due to changes beyond their control and there have been many over the years.

There are also other programs you can get that will pull down anything on the internet you want.
I prefer to use reputable licensed sources and for $19.95 a month a no brainer.
When I was corp I used to have free access to CU and hardly ever used it.

Posted Sat 15 Oct 16 @ 6:59 pm
That may be the case, however a little "we're sorry for the inconvenience but looking in to it" statement would go along way.

Simply ignoring multiple requests for information is not very professional at all.

Posted Sat 15 Oct 16 @ 7:30 pm
Roll Back to build 3343, that seems to be working for now

Posted Sat 15 Oct 16 @ 8:58 pm
rootloaf wrote :
Roll Back to build 3343, that seems to be working for now

What is 3343 I need something so I can do my gigs and YouTube is not going to cut it

Posted Sat 15 Oct 16 @ 9:44 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
You shouldn't and anybody else that depends on content Unlimited be doing bloody gigs if that is the way you get through a night. I'm fed up looking at posts bleating on about whether or not you guys can get CU or not, wake up, come back to the real world, become professional and start charging proper prices where you can afford to pay for your music library instead of undercutting guys with this cheap shit way of getting music.

As far as I'm concerned I hope CU goes tits up, that way you guys might learn how to say to a client, "sorry I don't have that track" just grow a pair.

Posted Sun 16 Oct 16 @ 12:42 am
Well well. Another music snob. The last thing we need is comments like that. I am strictly only a home user and this situation is hopeless. I just want to listen to stuff that i may only ever listen to once, so the £10 a month was worth every penny. I don't want to have to buy every track i want to hear for the obvious reason that i can't afford to. Btw, i have a pair.

Posted Sun 16 Oct 16 @ 1:35 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Music snob, get into reality, I'm a realist, you may be one of only a handful of people that use the service for private use or, for what the service was intended and I have no beef with you or anyone else that use it for that purpose, but you are certainly in the minority.

You don't need to have a pair, your at home, doing it privately. Rofl.

Posted Sun 16 Oct 16 @ 1:50 am
Fair enough, but while your rolling on the floor laughing, i'm listening to music. I used to be a radio dj so i kind of know what we're talking about here. Everyone is just trying to make a few bucks and trying to do it as cheaply as they can. I have no beef with that. I know how much decent sound equipment costs. Anyway, this isn't helping anyone. Good luck to you.

Posted Sun 16 Oct 16 @ 2:03 am
Ok what Tim trying to say is since this is working for anyone I don't mind spending money on something legit and works I don't care what it is and the cost of it but I need this program or software to own up what they are offering and you will get my business and by the way I have a pair I just want to know what else is out there they I can purchase

Posted Sun 16 Oct 16 @ 2:27 am
Look here

Locked as Duplicate by AMAHM

Posted Sun 16 Oct 16 @ 2:31 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)