Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Content Unlimited - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

AshBuzzControlleristMember since 2015
Hi Guys,

Just wondered if anyone is having problems with Contend Unlimited today? When I usually search a track it advises loads of options (the original, the remix etc. etc.). However, when I search something now (i.e. Adventures of Stevie V - Dirty Cash) it only brings up 4 options and they are all the really new remixes. There are no original versions. This is just one example and I have loads.

Any ideas to help would be appreciated.

I am on Version 8 on VDJ.

Thanks in advance.

Phil

Posted Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 1:50 pm
That's because there is no free Netsearch add-on in newer builds
Only Content Unlimited is working

This means that you get all the paid for and validated Content Unlimited content (maked in red icons)

But the free Netsearch content, which used to be marked in purple, and which was unvalidated free content grabbed from different places on the internet is, does not show up in searches in newer builds

There are a few posts regarding this on the forum already

Posted Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 2:14 pm
Thanks klausmogensen

I just had a quick look on the history on this forum/subject and there are loads of messages (and people not too happy about it.)

Do you think this is just the way it is now ... or do you think it will get sorted?

I'm doing a one off party on Saturday and Content Unlimited would've been perfect on the night ....

Posted Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 2:31 pm
Apparently there is nothing wrong with Content Unlimited and the songs displayed are the content of the catalogue.

It's the "free" netsearch that's not working in the current build.

Really surprised there's not been a new build to correct this as people have been posting about this for nearly two weeks now. It could also be that there's a legal issue or something because Atomix have been very quiet and haven't made an official statement regarding this.

Posted Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 2:37 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
If you go back to [I believe] build 3409 [or maybe 3398] then you'll get Netsearch content.

Posted Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 2:38 pm
Thanks All - does seem strange that VDJ haven't said anything. The only reason I paid the monthly fee was because it states I can download more or less any song (I'm not a pro-DJ but I just wanted to play a few tracks on Saturday night).

locodog - thanks for your advice. How do I download a previous version so I can get the Netsearch please (I'm not technical in any way-shape-or-form!).

Cheers guys.

Posted Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 2:51 pm

Posted Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 2:52 pm
I just downloaded 3409 from the old builds link above and I think it's wiped any VDJ software off my PC ....

Ay ideas?

Posted Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 3:19 pm
*Any

Posted Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 3:19 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
try the 3398 one

Posted Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 3:54 pm
Silly question but do I uninstall the version that I currently have, and then install the version you mention below?

Posted Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 5:15 pm
Just reinstall over the top.

Posted Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 5:23 pm
Thanks mate.
But still the same as before (aka - not many songs on CU).

Posted Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 5:46 pm
** Update **

It's the old build 3398 that makes Netsearch work! Works much better.

Thanks for your help everyone.

Posted Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 6:09 pm
Being Content Unlimited is generally useless with it's very limited catalog... Why would you remove Net Search??? At least you could find what you were looking for and VERIFY IT YOURSELF before playing live.

Now when I get an obscure request, I have to search YouTube, Download from YouTube to my laptop using http://offliberty.com/

This process takes way too long.... PLEASE BRING BACK NET SEARCH

Posted Tue 04 Oct 16 @ 3:08 am
Why is 3420 now the approved build when there are obviously still issues and Netsearch is not working?

I thought a build only came out of early access when there were no bugs in it?

Posted Tue 04 Oct 16 @ 4:17 pm

chasparis wrote :
Why would you remove Net Search?

Who said it's been removed? As far as I know, there's been no official post from Atomix that says it's been removed. If you've seen one somewhere, please provide a link.

chasparis wrote :
I have to search YouTube, Download from YouTube

No you don't.

You require written consent from either YouTube or the copyright holder (which for music would be the label or artist) before you can legally copy their content.

There are plenty of legal places to get music.

Posted Tue 04 Oct 16 @ 4:36 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Why is 3420 now the approved build when there are obviously still issues and Netsearch is not working?

I thought a build only came out of early access when there were no bugs in it?

If this is the case, and I agree with you it is, then Netsearch is no longer an option.

Posted Tue 04 Oct 16 @ 6:23 pm
Installed the latest build 3432 (which mentions nothing about Netsearch), did some searches and only red icons come up (if at all as a good lot of artists aren't even on Content Unlimited)

Looks like Netsearch is well and truly dead, although the Netsearch options are still there ?????

Posted Wed 05 Oct 16 @ 10:06 am
kradcliffe wrote :
Looks like Netsearch is well and truly dead

I think you may be right - although an official statement would be nice
So in the future Content Unlimited may only include validated Content Unlimited content.
More like Pulselocker in Serato works
That's fine by me.

But again: An official statement would be nice
That way people would be able to decide if they still want CU with only CU content, or if they want to stop using it
And there would be less talk about a possible bug because people don't know the difference between CU and Netsearch

Posted Wed 05 Oct 16 @ 11:49 am
69%