Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Content Unlimited - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Do the VDJ staff actually read this forum? There really needs to be some official word from them on this. Personally I only use CU every now and again to find a random song which someone has told me about. That is virtually never on CU and always on NetSearch. If this is a permanent change then I want out.

I don't think it's fair for them to say "well, Netsearch was a free addon to CU". Technically that might be the case, but I purchased a CU subscription on the basis that if it wasn't in CU then it would be in Netsearch.

In fact, VDJ's official marketing page (https://www.virtualdj.com/products/contentunlimited.html) still claims that this is the case. I typed an obscure South African band into the search field, and it still says: "No official content found for 'mango groove', VirtualDJ would get these tracks from NetSearch." Err... well no, it's won't. Typing the same band into CU gets me no results.

Sorry, but this is a poor show from VDJ.

Posted Thu 06 Oct 16 @ 5:19 am
SA Meerkat wrote :
If this is a permanent change then I want out.

In that case I would stop my subscription if I were you
You can always sign up again if Netserach (or something similar) comes back

Posted Thu 06 Oct 16 @ 8:05 am
SA Meerkat wrote :
Do the VDJ staff actually read this forum? .

Yes, they do.

History dictates that if Atomix have something that has changed and upsets customers they just ignore it and hope it goes away. It's happened many times in the past and this time is no different. It's almost as though no-one from the company wants to be the first one to break the bad news.

The fact many users are now going back to older builds to get netsearch back is also going to cause problems as VDJ8 will become fragmented instead of most people being on the latest stable release.

Posted Thu 06 Oct 16 @ 9:56 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
kradcliffe wrote :

The fact many users are now going back to older builds to get netsearch back is also going to cause problems as VDJ8 will become fragmented instead of most people being on the latest stable release.

I don't use CU but what happens if you use 339whatever to cache and then boot a newer build? Make do and mend and all that

Posted Thu 06 Oct 16 @ 11:36 am
I'm not having as much luck as other it would seem. When i try to go back to the older build VDJ8 disappears from my laptop altogether and i had to reinstall the full program and it will only install the latest build. Am i doing something wrong?

Posted Thu 06 Oct 16 @ 1:16 pm
Telboy62 wrote :
I'm not having as much luck as other it would seem. When i try to go back to the older build VDJ8 disappears from my laptop altogether and i had to reinstall the full program and it will only install the latest build. Am i doing something wrong?

The program is simply an exe - the rest is just helper files which only have to match the general build (8.2)

So find virtualdj8.exe (or something similar on Apple). On windows it'll probably be in "C:\Program Files (x86)\VirtualDJ\"
Rename it to something else like virtualdj8_bxxxx.exe where xxxx is the build number - it doesn't matter what you call it, but make it meaningful in case you want it back
Then install the older build (b3398 is probably what you want) on top of it. That'll create a new virtualdj8.exe
If the installer gets blocked mid way your laptop may be blocking a resource - that happens sometimes. In that case simply restart the laptop before doing the install
After the install you should be running the old build when you open the software normally - check it in the settings

I currently have 6 different exe files for different builds in "C:\Program Files (x86)\VirtualDJ\" that I swap between for testing purposes

Posted Thu 06 Oct 16 @ 2:59 pm
Thanks for that K. I'm hopeless at this techie stuff. I managed to resolve the issue by doing a system restore back to a point last week before i accepted the latest build. Probably not the ideal way but at least it worked. I'll be declining any new updates till i know this has been sorted.

Posted Thu 06 Oct 16 @ 3:35 pm
I told u dat vdj 8 is d best one

Posted Mon 10 Oct 16 @ 5:54 am
B3398 is really the version that I was accustomed to , and I agree with many others that NetSearch actually was more valuable to us than Content Unlimited.
I am like all other users well aware of the fact that the content was not validated, but we were capable of doing our own validation for all this time.
I never paid much attention in the past if my searches were found by CU or Netsearch, but now that I am aware of the differences it's amazing that more than 50% of the content I'm looking for is found by NetSearch.
I love VirtualDJ and the user friendly layout and the flawless interface, but NetSearch is KEY to that succes and based on the numerous posts in more than one thread I am not alone in stating that.
The paid customers have made a choice to stick with Atomix and have the right to get the service they were getting months ago with a working NetSearch. It is totally irrelevant to say that is was a free add-on and we were not paying for it.
Just hope that whoever is in charge reads this thread and has the balls to reverse a bad decision!

Posted Tue 11 Oct 16 @ 12:43 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)