Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Sync is NOT syncing 99% of my music - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Unfortunately I don't know which songs are in your music library.
Most of the music in my library syncs just fine, so we really need some kind of clue as to why it would sync wrong for you, which is difficult if we are not allowed to try and reproduce your issue.

Posted Tue 04 Oct 16 @ 4:01 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
burnyabad wrote :
I need my sync to work.

We are trying to help you but you are refusing - for no obvious reason - to provide us with the information we need to assist you. You can talk about the price of your controller, how much you do and how busy you are but it's all completely irrelevant. You obviously started this post wanting help, so help us to help you :)

We do not know what is in your library. My library generally beatgrids absolutely fine so I cannot replicate your issue. Since it's your entire library, it should be simple for you to provide us with a few examples - and maybe even some screenshots of said tracks loaded so we can see what is happening.

It's possible that something else is at play here - some script or controller mapping modifying your beatgrids for example. Without more information there's just no way for us to know.

Once you provide some information we can move forwards.

Posted Tue 04 Oct 16 @ 5:37 pm
I will get on my laptop tonight and list songs. I honestly feel angry right now. I have 295,000 songs in my library.

Posted Tue 04 Oct 16 @ 6:30 pm
Beat-tap map it to a button and get to tapping

Posted Tue 04 Oct 16 @ 7:06 pm
ok that sounds like something I can try as well, thank you for that info!!

Posted Tue 04 Oct 16 @ 8:52 pm
I do not see "beat- tap"

Posted Tue 04 Oct 16 @ 8:57 pm
Default skin, next to bpm, TAP. You can map a key, or controller button to it, or just mouse tap it.

Posted Tue 04 Oct 16 @ 9:16 pm
You can manually tap your beat in on the controller too.

**Went back and saw that you have the SZ not the SX. Same place on both controllers though.

Posted Tue 04 Oct 16 @ 9:32 pm
Hahaa!! This guy has to be trolling, right??

You seriously want use to believe that almost every track in your library of close to 300,000 tracks the beat grid is off?!?!?

Either your library is full of low quality tracks or you not telling the truth, lmmfao!!

Heres the quick and dirty way, load your track and move it up to the first beat then hit the TAP button.

Provided your tracks are of decent quality then the bpm should thus fixing the grid.

Posted Wed 05 Oct 16 @ 12:43 am
hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
are you analyzing ALL your tracks at once for bpm, key, etc. ??

Posted Wed 05 Oct 16 @ 6:51 am
djragman wrote :
Just to talk about the same way to sync: You are syncing (pressing Sync-Button) after starting the second track ?

Posted Wed 05 Oct 16 @ 7:27 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I get why you're questioning ragman but syncing when live has it's use

like if you're smashing the loop at 1/32 or 1/64 [no slip mode]
it can be tricky to break out of it on time. So in that scenario a live sync has to have a in phase grid
I'm not sure OP means this though so your question still stands.

Posted Wed 05 Oct 16 @ 10:56 am
I'm asking, because another DJ asked me a few weeks ago, cause all his tracks were out of sync.
I asked him, how he uses the sync button?
Answer: Loading the track, Sync-Button, Play and then track is out of sync.

I hope, you understand it now :-)

Posted Wed 05 Oct 16 @ 12:48 pm
Ah right, he wanted sync_play or smart play or whatever

I am surprised dj's use sync_play,
maybe it's a digital era thing, even if I want the sound of start playing and mix instantly I still use a loop to cue it first.

Anyway, back on topic

I'm going to run an experiment

I'll copy 100 correctly labeled house tracks to a data stick, rescan them all, and then check the grids,
if the grids are good I'll delete the tracks from the stick [and it's database]
if the grid is off phrase I'll edit the database comment to phrase
if the grid is off phase I'll edit the database comment to phase
if the grid is off bpm I'll edit the database comment to bpm

I'll send the database to the dev team

dev team should I bother/ would this help?

Posted Wed 05 Oct 16 @ 1:45 pm
What is the result of your experiment ?

Posted Wed 05 Oct 16 @ 2:30 pm
Not even started
I'll only bother if atomix wants it,
house I suspect will be fine, [maybe some phrasing errors] but if it's something atomix wants feedback for I can do the same with harder genres like breaks triphop jungle and breakcore,

Posted Wed 05 Oct 16 @ 2:45 pm
Try it with Golden Earring :-)

I might have a go at warping that in Ableton Live if I get a moment...

Posted Wed 05 Oct 16 @ 4:53 pm
djragman wrote :
djragman wrote :
Just to talk about the same way to sync: You are syncing (pressing Sync-Button) after starting the second track ?

It doesnt matter how i try to sync it with a sync button. Beat grid is off.

Posted Wed 05 Oct 16 @ 5:34 pm
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
Hahaa!! This guy has to be trolling, right??

You seriously want use to believe that almost every track in your library of close to 300,000 tracks the beat grid is off?!?!?

Either your library is full of low quality tracks or you not telling the truth, lmmfao!!

Heres the quick and dirty way, load your track and move it up to the first beat then hit the TAP button.

Provided your tracks are of decent quality then the bpm should thus fixing the grid.

I have no reason whatsoever to log into the virtualdj forums and ask for help if I don't need assistance. Yes, my library is huge, and yes forget sync, I either manually adjust the grid or I nudge and nudge and work to get an alignment. I miss vdj 7.

Now I do get the BPM speed to match, for instsance: 85 bpm track 1, press sync, 85 bpm track 2 set. But that is the extent of the sync feature.

Posted Wed 05 Oct 16 @ 5:37 pm
Ok so maybe you need to remap your play buttons to something like play_sync.

With I believe as long as the grid is correct when you press play VDJ should jump to the nearest beat so you kind have to be on point when it comes to pressing play as well.

Posted Wed 05 Oct 16 @ 7:25 pm
57%