Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Sync is NOT syncing 99% of my music - Page: 4

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Because i buy a lot of stuff from pool websites I'll tell you this. Sometimes the version of the song they have will be bad. Uptown funk has a perfect 115 BPM count. Meaning if your version of that song is off, then maybe its the file itself that is corrupted. At this point, only way to test my theory is to put 2,3 files in a zip and upload the zip file somewhere so we can grap those 2,3 songs that this is happening and try to reproduce on our machines. Until that is done, we can't tell if its your files, or a software issue.

Posted Sun 30 Oct 16 @ 4:22 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You can also click the waveform and move your mouse around from beginning to the end of the song.
If the song has a stable bpm without gaps or tempo changes, the beat grid should stay at the same place relative to the beat.
If the beat grid seems to move or shift relative to the beat it probably means there is some gap or tempo change in the song.
(Or the vdj bpm would be off, but that's more unlikely)

Posted Sun 30 Oct 16 @ 4:28 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Posted Sun 30 Oct 16 @ 5:04 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006

Posted Sun 30 Oct 16 @ 6:45 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
That's good news, I can tell one would be tricky with how the bass leads the beat.

Posted Sun 30 Oct 16 @ 7:26 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
PressNPlayDJ wrote :
Because i buy a lot of stuff from pool websites I'll tell you this. Sometimes the version of the song they have will be bad. Uptown funk has a perfect 115 BPM count. Meaning if your version of that song is off, then maybe its the file itself that is corrupted. At this point, only way to test my theory is to put 2,3 files in a zip and upload the zip file somewhere so we can grap those 2,3 songs that this is happening and try to reproduce on our machines. Until that is done, we can't tell if its your files, or a software issue.

VJ Pro is known for being top quality. I would be shocked if you could find an issue. That is where I got Uptown Funk from. I can work with Adion should he need to see a file, but he was not question the file. He acknowledged the same results.

Posted Mon 31 Oct 16 @ 4:37 am
Just sharing my 2 cents of opinion and trying to help.
I personally use The "first beat" script and don't need to do anything after that. All files are scanned perfectly.

Posted Mon 31 Oct 16 @ 7:56 am
No worries, definitely appreciate the idea. I am just trying to find popular songs that can be universally tested. If we get the same results, then they know that example can used to troubleshoot why the VDJ algorithm got it wrong. We need to agree on the error, then that example can be used to help fix the problem.

If I got different results than the Dev team, then you might be right. It may be the file. But there is a known problem with beat phase detection. I respect that your script does it well manually. We are trying to fix the automatic detection here.

Posted Tue 01 Nov 16 @ 1:11 pm
So now that we are past the new year I have had time to rescan my entire library using the latest beat grid detection. I am sorry to say there is no improvement for me. I never saw "99% wrong" like the OP, but I did a mix of about 20 songs and at least 10 were .5 to 1 beat off. The first beat always seems to be indicated before the actual first beat.

"The Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling" was another that VDJ got wrong. To be fair, I did check some of the ones it got wrong before that I posted in this thread. But they are all First beat detection errors. Most of them from VJ Pro, so high quality MP4 videos. Maybe that makes a difference?

Posted Sun 22 Jan 17 @ 3:05 pm
Ableton Warping is the only way to go for beat gridding. I gridded a track from the 50's. Kansas City by Wilbert Harrison, not to mention Motown
and Disco all with a human drummers. They sync up nicely in VDJ 8.2 . If it's new stuff VDJ usually gets it right through its analysis process.

Posted Sun 29 Jan 17 @ 9:40 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)