Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: vdj 8 keeps crashing - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

we have paid for the pro licence and we are using a numark nv controller and we have been using it for over a week and have had a few issues and after reinstalling the numark firmware and updating vdj its been fine tonight the software crashed so turned off the controller and shut down vdj and re started and it crashed after about 8 mins can any one help with this issue

Posted Wed 28 Sep 16 @ 7:07 pm
You haven't given any detail. Please be more specific than "it crashed".

Posted Wed 28 Sep 16 @ 7:11 pm
static noise then the controllor is un responsive and the vdj waves on screen crash

Posted Wed 28 Sep 16 @ 7:12 pm
Try to reproduce your issue while your computer is connected on the internet.

Posted Wed 28 Sep 16 @ 7:40 pm
djmilaPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I have numark NV (mk1) and now no problems

Posted Wed 28 Sep 16 @ 7:50 pm
djmilaPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Recomanded setting in VDJ with Windows 10 : 1. Resample only 44.1 Khz ( Official sites numark NV )
2. Buffer from 512 up to 1024

Posted Wed 28 Sep 16 @ 8:00 pm
I have numark nv and no problems

Posted Fri 30 Sep 16 @ 12:22 am
problem just went away its been great for a couple of days and it has just started again turn on numark nv then start the program when i load the first song the screen on the controller does not load up and we get no audio this is a presistant problem that is driving me crazy might sack it off and stick to me decks

Posted Mon 10 Oct 16 @ 6:52 pm
right we have uninstalled vdj and reinstalled it we have plugged the controller in to the pc and turned on it loads up the controller software we then open vdj which sees the controller both screens on the controller show each Chanel we then go to load up the first song and it starts to load the numark display starts to load and the pc screen fully loads we then press play and have no audio if i slide the faders the on screen ones move has any body got any ideas

Posted Mon 10 Oct 16 @ 7:05 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Can you post a screenshot of your audio settings page?

Posted Mon 10 Oct 16 @ 7:12 pm

Posted Mon 10 Oct 16 @ 7:15 pm
right ive just turned on the controller and loaded my first track on screen with vdj the song has loaded but on the controller the song has not i can press play and the song starts on screen but no audio and no response from the screen on the controller

Posted Mon 10 Oct 16 @ 7:19 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Goto VirtualDJ Settings ->Controllers tab and make sure the Left and Right Display units are assigned to Decks 1,3 and 2,4 respectively.. This should make the screens showing the info from the correct decks.
As for the sound, while the NV is connected, try to set the built-in sound card as the default sound card for your Operating system , in case the NV is selected , and re-open VirtualDJ.

Posted Mon 10 Oct 16 @ 7:35 pm
hi and thank you for the advice we have tried all these and still the problem persists controller was working fine the other night came to use it tonight and virtual said it had an update so clicked ok and now nothing but issues

Posted Mon 10 Oct 16 @ 7:38 pm
oh and just tried to start it all again and turned on controller and started virtual and when i loaded the first song virtual has crashed

Posted Mon 10 Oct 16 @ 7:39 pm
just reinstalled nv firm ware and have just deleted vdj8 and trying a fresh install if that doesn't work guna give up and sell it

Posted Mon 10 Oct 16 @ 7:45 pm
right fresh head this morning did a pc system restore to an earlier date when vdj was working before the update and tried it and it works like a dream there could be conflicting issues with the latest update and our pc so as it is working now i will not be updating yet as there are issues.
thank you to the guys that tried to help last night

Posted Tue 11 Oct 16 @ 12:11 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Can you try to update VirtualDJ now that your PC is restored to a previous point ? There could be something wrong with some Windows update and not VDJ. NV works fine here btw.

Posted Tue 11 Oct 16 @ 1:19 pm
hi no we have not done the update yet but will give it a try after the weekend

Posted Sat 15 Oct 16 @ 9:02 pm
I'm having exactly the same issue as CHUCKLES 82....I thought it was a problem with the beta version so I deleted it and installed the latest non-beta version and it worked great for about 20 mins or so and then it occurred again. It must be an issue with the latest Windows update but it only affects VDJ 8.2.

Posted Sun 16 Oct 16 @ 7:49 am
87%