Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Plugin Request

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Wish i could do this myself but i am no programmer so

What i would like is a plugin that writes the currently playing song info to a text file and when the next track starts it just overwrites the info in that file.

I know this is all in the tracklist.txt file but it has all songs, I only need the currently playing song.

I want to use this to display in my video broadcast on chew.tv maybe there is a simpler way but i don't know it :-)

also I know this could be done with the video plugins but I am not broadcasting video from VDJ and would rather not since I am only mixing audio files. I was trying with the audioonlyeffect set to title but it only works properly if the video window is displayed and i do not have a second monitor to do that.

any help would be greatly appreciated thanks for reading :-)

Posted Sun 25 Sep 16 @ 7:32 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
options : broadcastSongInfo

does that not do it? I can't test.

Posted Sun 25 Sep 16 @ 8:42 pm
thanks but no i am not using vdjs built in broadcasting abilities. I am broadcasting with a piece of software called OBS https://obsproject.com/

Posted Sun 25 Sep 16 @ 8:45 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Well it has a API, so I imagine it's possible.

Posted Sun 25 Sep 16 @ 9:17 pm
I'd say if your on a PC just use the Titler plugin??

Posted Sun 25 Sep 16 @ 9:18 pm
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
I'd say if your on a PC just use the Titler plugin??

thanks but i have already tried and explained why that wasn't a option :-)

the plugin i need is for VDJ .. obs has the ability to read the text file and display it :-)

Posted Sun 25 Sep 16 @ 9:31 pm
wickedmix wrote :

I want to use this to display in my video broadcast on chew.tv maybe there is a simpler way but i don't know it :-)

:-)

Guess I got confused because of this comment......

Posted Sun 25 Sep 16 @ 9:45 pm
when ever the video window is minimized the title effect doesn't function and since I have only one monitor I can't keep it in the way :-)

maybe that's a bug I don't know but that's how it is.

thanks for trying to help :-)

Posted Sun 25 Sep 16 @ 10:21 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)