Forum: Wishes and new features

Post here the features you would like to see developed in VirtualDJ in the future.
Topic: Effects For Mic On Aux/Deck
NosvenLE userMember since 2015
At present VDJ uses a ''Real Time BPM'' calculator for external signals being inputed to a deck via Aux/Mic. This is great for applying VDJ's effects to the external signal. I've tried it with CDJ and love it. However when using the Mic on the Aux/Mic input deck, the bpm is all over the place.

In cases where the Mic is being used, "Real Time BPM" calculator should be turned off on that deck. Instead VDJ should feed the "On Air" master deck's bpm to the Mic deck. This way effects could be applied to the Mic effectively. Now when you talk or sing on the Mic and add some effects such as echo it will be in timing with the "On Air" master deck.

I hope this feature will be implemented. Imagine if you want to spice up vocals a little you have to go outside of VDJ for effects box and DJ mixers with effects send and return. I know this feature I describe works in Traktor. It Would be nice to see this in VDJ.

Posted Sun 11 Sep 16 @ 1:58 am
It has been over a year now since this request has been made, is there a plan to implement this feature?

Posted Sat 13 Jan 18 @ 10:01 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006

Posted Sat 13 Jan 18 @ 11:17 pm
From what I see in this video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdceYcq4P2Q0 ) is the only two way of applying effects to the mic. The plugin you linked me to seems to be another way of just getting to the efx perameters.

My issue here is the bpm fluctuation.

Posted Sun 14 Jan 18 @ 3:21 am
This pad page applies effects to the mic channel (turned on and off on the master panel), not effects of the deck.
The mic channel already follows the bpm of the active deck, so that should solve your problem

Posted Sun 14 Jan 18 @ 4:59 am
Adion wrote :
This pad page applies effects to the mic channel (turned on and off on the master panel), not effects of the deck.
The mic channel already follows the bpm of the active deck, so that should solve your problem

The mic channel don't follow the bpm of the active deck, VDJ instead applies a live bpm counter to the mic channel. This was already explained to me in this thread ( https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/212341/VirtualDJ_8_2_Technical_Support/AUX_INPUT_BPM_NOT_FOLLOWING_MASTER_DECKS_BPM_.html ) as a result I started this thread.

I think I've explained this very clearly at the begining of this thread. Thanks for trying to help anyway.

Posted Sun 14 Jan 18 @ 6:27 am
When running the mic through a deck it will indeed use a live bpm counter.
I'll check again but I'm quite sure it follows the active deck when using the dedicated mic channel

Posted Sun 14 Jan 18 @ 10:37 am