Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: AUX INPUT BPM NOT FOLLOWING MASTER DECKS BPM

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

NosvenLE userMember since 2015
I am running a six deck configuration utilizing deck 1 and 2 for music play back and deck 3 as auxiliary for Mic input. What I notice is the bpm of the master on air deck is not reflected on the aux. deck 3.

Not having the same bpm on aux 3 ruin the ability to apply effect to the mic, such as echo. Aux. 3 bpm needs to be sync to the master bpm. At the moment the aux. input bpm is all over the place.

I know in Traktor when you run the mic in one of their decks the bmp is sync to the on air master deck. Please make this possible. I'm pretty sure this was an oversight.

Posted Wed 07 Sep 16 @ 1:05 am
Just to add I'm on the latest demo version.

Posted Wed 07 Sep 16 @ 1:10 am
You should ask this on our wishes forum.
By default when you assign a MIC or LINE input on a deck, then that deck uses a "real-time" BPM calculator.

Posted Wed 07 Sep 16 @ 7:00 am
Thanks for the info. didn't know that. This is a feature I always which traktor had for playing CD or Vinyl through the software. After reading your response I played a good half hour of CD on my cdj through VDJ. What I notice was the bpm showed double on almost all my songs. When I tried to half these bpm with the editor they showed half, then quickly went back to double.

When you half or double the bpm it should hold at the half or double bpm. I know the "Pioneer EFX 500" is spot on when you hit half or double button. Never the less this "real-time" BPM calculator is definitely a plus that makes sense. In addition to the "real-time" BPM calculator there should be an option when assigning the MIC input on a deck, is to have that deck synced to the master deck.

I see VDJ 8.2 has come a long way and continues to add check marks in my book. Keep up the good work for I'm still in search for a software that meets my needs.

Posted Thu 08 Sep 16 @ 4:00 am
Even if it "doubles" the BPM, the sync functions still work properly as VirtualDj syncs on double/half BPM as well.

For your MIC request, as I said go ahead and post it on our Wishes Forum! :)

Posted Thu 08 Sep 16 @ 10:20 am
Yes, and the other way around too - we should have a real time BPM option on the decks (for old tracks with variable BPM, as VDJ can't automatically grid variable tracks).

Posted Thu 08 Sep 16 @ 4:44 pm
For the Mic request I will definitely post in the Wishes Forum.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. The syncing that I was referring to has to do with the Mic deck bpm being synced to the master deck bpm.

In regards to my comment about halving the bpm in the editor and the bpm not staying at half, I was doing this incorrectly. The effect parameter "Length" is what I should've used. By changing the "Length" to 2 bt I was able to halve the bpm. So this feature is good to go. Thank you.

Posted Fri 09 Sep 16 @ 2:33 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)