Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Denon MC 6000 MK 2 & Windows 10 - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hi.
Please can someone help me connect my Controller, I am running Denon DJ ASIO ver 1.0.1& latest Denon firmware. This is running on a new PC with windows 10 that was already installed it was not an upgrade.

When everything is plugged in I open virtual DJ 8 and it says failed to create ASIO buffers. The audio icon that appears near the clock says speakers USB 100% MC6000 MK2 sound does appear to work coming through the disco speakers, but not when Virtual DJ is running.

Please can someone help I have a wedding to do tomorrow and need this sorted by then.

Many thanks

Posted Fri 19 Aug 16 @ 10:13 am
Denon DJ ASIO is NOT 100% compatible with MC6000 MKII
You should use DenonDj ASIO for Dj Controllers drivers instead.

If you still have issues (some users reported issues with Win 10 and these drivers) then please leave them installed on your system but change the audio setup of the unit from ASIO to WASAPI.

Posted Fri 19 Aug 16 @ 11:20 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Denon DJ ASIO is NOT 100% compatible with MC6000 MKII
You should use DenonDj ASIO for Dj Controllers drivers instead.

If you still have issues (some users reported issues with Win 10 and these drivers) then please leave them installed on your system but change the audio setup of the unit from ASIO to WASAPI.

Thank you for your reply I should have said that I had actually installed DENON_DJ_ASIO_for_DJ_Controller and was getting the error. When I first got the laptop it was okay and everything was running with no errors. But when using it again I would get errors saying no asio channels found. I have also found that when everything is connected to the same USB ports windows 10 still causes me a headache as it does not remember these devices when connected.

Posted Mon 22 Aug 16 @ 11:49 am
Then (as suggested) you need to use WASAPI drivers instead of ASIO

Posted Mon 22 Aug 16 @ 2:18 pm
is their a difference in quality when using wasapi insted of Asio?

Posted Mon 22 Aug 16 @ 3:15 pm
No

Posted Mon 22 Aug 16 @ 3:58 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Can some one tell me if the master output on the 6 deck skin could be controlled by the controller, I tried and it doesn't do anything. I have to control the master from the skin..
Thanks,
Joey...

Posted Thu 25 Aug 16 @ 5:12 pm
Controller has a HARDWARE operated "Master volume" knob.
The knob itself will work fine but you won't see it moving on VirtualDj.
You should NOT control the master volume from VirtualDj GUI. You should control it with the knob on your controller.

Posted Fri 26 Aug 16 @ 8:46 am
I Have a problem with my channel gain when I set it to 12 o clock sometimes I start clipping when a new track is loaded.
When I check the gain on the skin it's all the way up.
When I try to lower the gain in my controller it doesn't respond until I turn the knob all the way up and only then I am able to bring the channel gain down and the shin control responds?

Why is this happening and what can I do to fix this issue.

Asio Ver. 101
Firmware 1003
Win 8.1
Ver.7.4.7

Thanks,
Joey

Posted Fri 26 Aug 16 @ 7:06 pm
Change your gain settings:

AutoGain=auto
ZeroDb=-3db
GainSliderinncludesautogain=yes

Finally scan your files for BPM, Gain e.t.c.
If you load a file that's never scanned before, WAIT until the waveform loads completely before pressing the play button

Posted Sat 27 Aug 16 @ 9:43 am
I had it to AutoRemember and Volume Headroom to 6db originally.
I changed it to Auto and 4db, re-scanned album folder and loaded tracks into AutoMix.
Set channel gain to 50% and played tracks in AutoMix. First track loaded and jumped to full gain on the skin, had to turn all the way to full on the controller in order to re-set the gain back to 50%.
Second track was good..
3rd track jumped to full gain on the skin again, had to turn all the way to full on the controller in order to re-set the gain back to 50%.
4th track jumped to full gain on the skin again, had to turn all the way to full on the controller in order to re-set the gain back to 50%.
5th track was good..
6th track jumped to full gain on the skin again, had to turn all the way to full on the controller in order to re-set the gain back to 50%
7th track was good..
8th track jumped to full gain on the skin again, had to turn all the way to full on the controller in order to re-set the gain back to 50%

These are all MP4 video files.

After re-scanning all files, Why is this happening?
Please help solve this issue.. Thanks

Posted Sun 28 Aug 16 @ 9:29 pm
Are you sure you set it back to auto ?
What you describe is the "expected" behavior when 1) AutoGain is set to Auto+Remember (therefore the track remembers last setting) and B) When the track is NOT analyzed.

Can you repeat your test with the SAME files and let us know if it still jumps around ?

Also you didn't mention if "GainSliderIncludesAutoGain" setting is set to yes
This is CRITICAL!

Posted Mon 29 Aug 16 @ 9:24 am
Re-analyzed all the tracks again before I loaded them into AutoMix.
Tried the settings again as outlined, but the same thing happens.
I didn't have this problem before and now it's bugging me why this is happening..

I couldn't find the option: "GainSliderIncludesAutoGain".
Using Ver. 7.4.7

Posted Mon 29 Aug 16 @ 11:59 pm
It's a version 8 option. As you didn't post this in the v7 support area, the assumption is that you're using VDJ 8.

So........why are you still using VDJ 7?

Posted Tue 30 Aug 16 @ 3:16 pm
1.The category caption reads "Hardware Technical Support".
2.The thread subject is Denon MC6000mk2
3.The reason, features that are not available in Ver.8 at this time.

Can you help me with this problem, please.

Thanks

Posted Tue 30 Aug 16 @ 3:50 pm
@PhantomDeejay
Any suggestions to help me solve this issue?

Posted Wed 31 Aug 16 @ 6:39 pm
Not really...

First of all I thought we were talking about version 8 as well.
Version 7 does not have the option "GainSliderIncludesAutoGain"

Now: On version 7 when autogain is enabled the gain slider WILL jump around depending on how much gain the software must use for the track. This means that most of the time you have to catch it up with your controller's knob. That's an expected behavior in VirtualDj 7.
You can disable auto gain and therefore the gain slider won't jump around. However in that case the tracks won't sound "the same" when played in automix and you'll have to adjust each track manually.

Posted Fri 02 Sep 16 @ 12:17 pm
...So how does analyzing in VDJ effect the sound output of a file?

Posted Fri 02 Sep 16 @ 1:07 pm
I never got an answer to my previous question, Does analyzing a file effect the sound level of the track?

Posted Thu 13 Oct 16 @ 8:56 pm
yes gain gets analyzed at the same time

Posted Thu 13 Oct 16 @ 10:09 pm
71%