Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: random stops and glitches - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I am experiencing a problem with VDJ 8.2.3311 and my new Pioneer DDJ - SZ. I replaced my macbook pro. ( 2.2 I7 16g ram 512 ss hard drive Retina display) I replaced the controller and reinstalled VDJ 8.2 .3311. I have replaced all cables. I have had the same problem.

Basically at one point (sometimes sooner sometimes later) in the gig I have short breaks (the audio can't be heard anymore) while playing a song. These short gaps have arround 1 to 3 second . These stops are happening on different songs, not on the same song and sometime I have these breaks after one or two hours of mixing and sometime after 6-7 hours.
I have had this problem in different locations with both set-ups:

I can't seem to figure out what is the problem what cause these random glitches.
Another thing, after these short breaks, everything is working fine, without any kind of problem for the rest of the gig.

Also I had updated to 8.2.3343 and I thought it was a problem with that version. So I went back down to 8.2.3311 and it seemed to get a little better but not stop. I was not having this problems with 8.1

Also my waveforms are very jittery.

Can someone please help me figure this out I'm afraid I'm going to start losing Events due to this. I really do not want to go back to Serato. Virtual DJ offers so much more

Posted Thu 18 Aug 16 @ 5:44 pm
this is his operating system

Posted Thu 18 Aug 16 @ 5:55 pm
This is my laptop specs

Yosemite 10.10.5
Macbook pro Retina, 15-inch
2.2 Ghz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Posted Thu 18 Aug 16 @ 6:07 pm
Can anyone please help me? does anyone know if I am using the DDJ SZ as a controller is there problems switching back and forth between virtual DJ 8.2 and serato with the set up of the controller. All of the directions state I can use this controller with virtual DJ but since 8.2 I have encountered crashes Drop out to my music. I went from 8.2.3343 back down to 8.2.33 11 to try solving these problems but nothing has seems to work. We have been put in several request asking what the issue was here and how to solve it.

Now I know this controller was designed from Pioneer to work with serato but the box comes with virtual DJ and says I can use it with virtual DJ but yet technicians ar telling me if I'm using a Mac with this I need to buy a separate powered USB hub and I need to set my midi to serato. I guess my question is if I loaded serato DJ to my computer and started out with the pioneer DDJ SZ is there now conflicts they're keeping me from using this controller with virtual DJ. can please somebody help me understand what is going on here

Posted Fri 19 Aug 16 @ 4:28 am
I have been having the same issue for months. Exactly as you said. Just happened tonight. I'm running Yosemite with 8 gigs of ram. All versions of vdj. Every update does not correct the issue. Serato use to do this on a mac and was a known issue. They fixed it with theirs about 8 months ago. Been waiting for vdj to fix this issue as well

Posted Fri 19 Aug 16 @ 7:08 am
I know this is not going to sound helpful, but:
1) For the last 18 months I gig every weekend with DDJ-SZ and I don't have such issues (drop-outs)
2) Until we know what causes these drop-outs (which happens only on some very rare cases) we can't fix anything or help users troubleshoot the issue if it's caused outside VirtualDj.
3) Since this drop-out issue is not common it means that most likely it's a system / environmental variable that causes it.
4) I have used SZ with 3 different Windows computers and 2 different Macs without issues. Also SZ is a widely used controller for VirtualDj and we don't have any other users complaining about random audio drop outs.

So, since now you are two users with the same behavior, please try to provide as much info as possible (system setup, environment during gigs e.t.c.) so that we can investigate if there's anything common that could cause this behavior.

Posted Fri 19 Aug 16 @ 7:43 am
I found several people having the same issues on both Serato and on Pioneers forms. I found one person that believes he has fixed the problem by completely deleting virtual DJ off his computer. He also deleted Serato off the computer and reinstalled virtual DJ from scratch. I just had hoped that I could find some answers like do we know if the controller is picking up incompatibilities between serato and virtual DJ. if they both are loaded on the same machine. Again this did not seem to be a problem in virtual DJ 8 it also didn't seem to be a problem In the early set up of serato DJ. so what changed.

Posted Fri 19 Aug 16 @ 2:05 pm
This is not just a small issue there are several other people having the same problem with other controllers but same problem and it's just been since the update on virtual DJ and on serato.

Posted Fri 19 Aug 16 @ 2:14 pm
Are u trying to run serato and vdj at the same time? If the answer is no it unlikely that they would interfere with each other.

Posted Fri 19 Aug 16 @ 2:58 pm
No we are not running both at the same time...

Posted Fri 19 Aug 16 @ 3:25 pm
Just happened again in a club last night. 400 plus on the dance floor. Audio Drops for a few secs, comes back for a split second, drops again, then comes back and plays fine. Latest Virtual DJ running. Bluetooth and WIFI Off on my Systems. Club has at least 5 Wifi Signals. I was running Video from Legit Sources. Promo Only, Smashvidz video did not glitch at all. Normal power set up using a power strip with protection with decent distance from my main cable which is a CromaCable from DJ TechTools. A few Cell phones in the booth none are near any wires. Light system install in the club on opposite end of the booth. Booth was built fir DJing with polls that run all way down to the buildings foundation with no physical contact with the club *to eliminate vibration for turntables*.. Running External hard drive on firewire to keep my DDJ SX2 as the only thing running on USB and nothing else... Thats about the best I can describe my environment at the time this happened last night. IT also happens when I am set up on my own complete set up for smaller bars.. I used to use Serato and it did the same thing and they fixed it which leads me to believe the only common thing is running a Mac and the Operating system and they found a way to stop this from happening.

Posted Mon 29 Aug 16 @ 4:41 am
Let me know what you find out they're telling me that we need to change our latency you can look at the post where it says help need help with Pioneer controllers

Posted Mon 29 Aug 16 @ 4:50 am
DJ Andrew Ryan wrote :
Just happened again in a club last night. 400 plus on the dance floor. Audio Drops for a few secs, comes back for a split second, drops again, then comes back and plays fine. Latest Virtual DJ running. Bluetooth and WIFI Off on my Systems. Club has at least 5 Wifi Signals. I was running Video from Legit Sources. Promo Only, Smashvidz video did not glitch at all. Normal power set up using a power strip with protection with decent distance from my main cable which is a CromaCable from DJ TechTools. A few Cell phones in the booth none are near any wires. Light system install in the club on opposite end of the booth. Booth was built fir DJing with polls that run all way down to the buildings foundation with no physical contact with the club *to eliminate vibration for turntables*.. Running External hard drive on firewire to keep my DDJ SX2 as the only thing running on USB and nothing else... Thats about the best I can describe my environment at the time this happened last night. IT also happens when I am set up on my own complete set up for smaller bars.. I used to use Serato and it did the same thing and they fixed it which leads me to believe the only common thing is running a Mac and the Operating system and they found a way to stop this from happening.

Just to let you know we are going to try changing the latency on one of our computers tomorrow Will start testing tomorrow afternoon this will take a couple days to check it out we'll let you know as soon as we find out if this works
Also I'll keep checking back here to see if someone help you fix it a different way

Posted Mon 29 Aug 16 @ 5:02 am
tonys party time wrote :
DJ Andrew Ryan wrote :

Just to let you know we are going to try changing the latency on one of our computers tomorrow Will start testing tomorrow afternoon this will take a couple days to check it out we'll let you know as soon as we find out if this works
Also I'll keep checking back here to see if someone help you fix it a different way

I was actually thinking the same thing but I have a lot of gigs and dont want to chance it yet. THANK YOU for responding

Posted Mon 29 Aug 16 @ 5:08 am
I know no one likes to hear this especially not here and I hate to say it but what we have had to do right now until they can fix the problem Is we've had serato up and running on a 2nd computer plugged into the B of the DDJ Sz so if it gets too bad we can just switch over I really don't want to do this but can't lose the gigs and nobody cares that it's my software doing it they just want the music to play right.

Posted Mon 29 Aug 16 @ 5:12 am
tonys party time wrote :
Let me know what you find out they're telling me that we need to change our latency you can look at the post where it says help need help with Pioneer controllers

Can I have a link to this? I cant locate it

Posted Mon 29 Aug 16 @ 5:15 am
Also I didn't catch the specs to your Mac what operating system are you running on

Posted Mon 29 Aug 16 @ 5:16 am
I don't know how to link you to it but if you go to forums and down to 8.2 mac it should be right at the beginning let me see if I can

Posted Mon 29 Aug 16 @ 5:17 am
tonys party time wrote :
Also I didn't catch the specs to your Mac what operating system are you running on

Latest Version of Yosemite 8GB of Ram. 2011 Mac

Posted Mon 29 Aug 16 @ 5:18 am
54%