Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: random stops and glitches - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Same here just wanted to make sure were having the same problem with the same computers and all of the above

Posted Mon 29 Aug 16 @ 5:19 am
Did that link work

Posted Mon 29 Aug 16 @ 5:23 am
tonys party time wrote :
Did that link work

Yes.. I betting the latency will work, know how streaming audio and metadata works and that such.. I dont scratch so Im willing to give it a shot. Maybe the mac gets all hosed up for a few seconds for something it does and causes the audio to Drop. In Serato there is a indicator light at the top. Yellow means CPU close to causing drop outs, RED meaning Drop outs will happen and Ive seen it red a few times when I have used Serato but very Rare, just as rare as my drop outs in VDJ 1 out of 4 gigs it will drop for me and most of the time its only 1 time during a gig. Now Last night I had a complete VDJ lockup for 45 secs. ALL animation on screen and pioneer controller stopped, yet music and video never misses a beat.. verry weird. I do run a backup through a channel on my controller using analog in case of complete failure so. I was ready to reboot it all

Posted Mon 29 Aug 16 @ 5:47 am
Now think about this. Serato and VDJ all have dropped audio in IDENTICAL ways when it happens..... Its a Mac Issue with Pioneer.. Has to be. Serato claims they fixed it

Posted Mon 29 Aug 16 @ 5:48 am
What you mean it's a Mac issue

Posted Mon 29 Aug 16 @ 5:50 am
One of the suggestions was to get a powered USB hub we tried that and then I talk to Apple they said in less I'm running anything else off of that USB it should not matter and by adding a powered USB hub to just run that one item actually causes a restriction in the line. And I really don't want to upgrade to to the next operating system until we fix all the other problems that they're having

Posted Mon 29 Aug 16 @ 5:53 am
tonys party time wrote :
What you mean it's a Mac issue

on VDJ or Serato, as far as everything I have read in the past year, no one with a Windows System ad the issue but the ones who have had the issue using either Software was using a Pioneer Controller with a Mac System.. Those are the only 2 common denominators in this issue. All versions of OSX and a wide span in MAC year modals

Posted Mon 29 Aug 16 @ 5:54 am
Ive been toying with getting the shortest USB cable I can use lessen the length of cable that may be picking up interference

Posted Mon 29 Aug 16 @ 5:56 am
Okay I understand you're right and I'm definitely not going to a PC just so I can use the other equipment (VDJ, and the pioneer controller)

Posted Mon 29 Aug 16 @ 5:56 am
tonys party time wrote :
Okay I understand you're right and I'm definitely not going to a PC just so I can use the other equipment (VDJ, and the pioneer controller)

Neither am I. Either VDJ or we will find a fix. Stuff like this even happens to world Famous DJs and they push through it

Posted Mon 29 Aug 16 @ 6:01 am
Here's the thing we were not having this problem in one of the other versions of virtual DJ but we've updated so much we're not sure which version was the one that actually worked one of our other computers was actually still on 8.1 we tried it the other night and it didn't work either for some reason pioneer told us that we had to delete all a virtual DJ off of the computer and restart with a new license with the new controller we did that with one of the updates but we have not tried it with 8.1 because when you download directly it takes you right to 8.2.3343

Posted Mon 29 Aug 16 @ 6:02 am
We've got kind of creative and added some sound effects and voiceovers to an iPad hooked to an auxiliary so we can just hit that when it happens if we're not ready to switch over

Posted Mon 29 Aug 16 @ 6:03 am
DJ Andrew Ryan wrote :
Now think about this. Serato and VDJ all have dropped audio in IDENTICAL ways when it happens..... Its a Mac Issue with Pioneer.. Has to be. Serato claims they fixed it

Not just a mac issue....I am having the same issue on windows as well. It's only been happening since I've update both Serato and VDJ.
Actually, songs aren't even loading as they should in Serato. It's very frustrating. Let me know if anyone has a fix.

(I've only used the SZ.....I will try it on my SX when I get a chance and update.)

Posted Sat 24 Sep 16 @ 3:02 pm
Quote :
Not just a mac issue....I am having the same issue on windows as well. It's only been happening since I've update both Serato and VDJ.
Actually, songs aren't even loading as they should in Serato. It's very frustrating. Let me know if anyone has a fix.

(I've only used the SZ.....I will try it on my SX when I get a chance and update.)

if you read through the thread you will see how they fixed their issue and it doesn't really sound like what you have described. nobody was having issues loading tracks.
it was all to do with latency adjustments.

Posted Sat 24 Sep 16 @ 4:22 pm
Hello, could someone solve the problem? . After a long time, the freezes started again.

Tested everything, change usb, format and reinstall the operating system, install last driver etc, and the problem continues

I need help¡¡¡¡

OS x 10.11.6
2.2 GHz Intel Core i7
16gb ddr
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
Pionner Sz
Virtual 8.2 b 3471

Posted Mon 13 Feb 17 @ 5:32 pm
I have the same problem. Maybe the root cause is different in my case, but at least it worth to check other occurrances as well.
So... I just plugged the controller in, started VDJ and switched on the amplifier. I'm using high quality of OFC cable for my Numark Party Mix and a Skytec Pro 240 amplifier. What I figured out: In case of the amplifier is grounded and not well isolated or prepared for avoiding ground-loop, this could cause problem due to electricity fluctuation. The voltage between the output ground and USB ground could be a couple of volts that makes the controllers crazy. Stops music or makes continous white noise or makes continous sweep noise (~10KHz). I temporarily removed the grounding from the amplifier that made some resolutions however this is not how it should work. I'm using deskop PC by the way...

Posted Tue 14 Feb 17 @ 7:27 am
I have had the same issue this sounds dumb but the problem stopped when I deleted Serato off my macs and i have had no problem

Posted Thu 16 Feb 17 @ 11:40 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)