Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: side list deleted my filws

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ok so i noticed in automix theres a remove button..in side list there isnt one..only delete.so i wanted to clear sidelist so i hit delete..i notice i then got. Music with red lines. I click they dont play..a few i was able to relocate file the others were just gone.. Is this how its intended to work ..or did i miss something..i had to recover files that i deleted from trash with an app and of course the filenames are screwed as well as it rwcovered over a thousand songs when only 78 was missing smh..
Thanks

Posted Wed 20 Jul 16 @ 4:58 pm
My sidelist has a 14 item menu when I right click a file name in the list. The last menu item is 'remove'.

Posted Wed 20 Jul 16 @ 5:18 pm
How did you get that?? Even just watched the tool tip video and it only shiws how to remove played songs
[youtube]https://youtu.be/wxIDlY6WGZk[youtube]

Nevermind ..i swear i didnt see the option earlier...only in automix...its ther now SOB...now guess i gotta shazaam these 8p songs to see if it find the names for them..outta 1000 tracks 90 of them came back with only number codes for names smh least the rest are fine ..just gotta remove the duplicates that came back.. I swear take 2 steps forward now 4 stepa backwards ..tryin to tidy up this library of mines lol

Posted Wed 20 Jul 16 @ 6:34 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Unless the recycle bin was disabled or not available for the drive you removed the files from, delete from within vdj always deletes to the recycle bin, so you should have been able to find and restore the files from there.

Posted Wed 20 Jul 16 @ 6:53 pm
As previously suggested you should really read the manual to get an understanding of how VDJ works. It would save you the hassle of the time wasted stumbling from one problem to another.

Posted Wed 20 Jul 16 @ 6:56 pm
Adion wrote :
Unless the recycle bin was disabled or not available for the drive you removed the files from, delete from within vdj always deletes to the recycle bin, so you should have been able to find and restore the files from there.

yea but i deleted my recycle bin not thinking it was from there thanks

kradcliffe wrote :
previously suggested you should really read the manual to get an understanding of how VDJ works. It would save you the hassle of the time wasted stumbling from one problem to another

who suggested that? ..anyway i have read it and i do goto the manuel as well as search the forums

Posted Wed 20 Jul 16 @ 7:50 pm
I suggested it in one of your earlier threads as it seemed you didn't know the basics of how the database worked.

Posted Wed 20 Jul 16 @ 8:08 pm
ok ..I apologize to anyone that feels i wasted their time by clicking a post of mine

I recently added new gear to my setup and am in search of ways to get everything to my satisfaction .thats all .but sometimes my time is limited due to work the wife and kids and this . so if i can't figure it out i come here to my fellow brothers and sisters for suggestions and help .i also chime in to help others if i can since I've been back active on the forums .and as you see in a few post i figured out my own problems either by just trying things or reading an idea from other post thats totally different than mines and brainstorming

Posted Wed 20 Jul 16 @ 8:16 pm
No need to apologize, we are all here to help each other, all is good.

Posted Wed 20 Jul 16 @ 9:51 pm
While the manual is helpful it does not go into much detail on a lot of things; it can't explain everything. I usually go to the manual first and most times I get the idea. These forums can answer direct questions that the manual can not. So I agree that yes the manual is a good starting place but more times than not it is just the starting place...

Posted Wed 20 Jul 16 @ 10:19 pm
On a related topic, I've just noticed that if I use the delete file operation in the Browser in VDJ 8, it doesn't give a warning, which I think it used to in VDJ 7.

Is this right or am I missing something like i've turned off warning notifications by mistake?

Many thanks for any help on this as a second chance before accidentally deleting a file would be useful :-)

Posted Tue 26 Jul 16 @ 12:37 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
As Adion said, the files will be in the recycle bin.
If the files are too many and too big to fit into the recycle bin, a warning will be displayed.

In my opinion no need for a warning for 1 or 2 files...

Posted Wed 27 Jul 16 @ 9:32 am
Yeah, it was just that in VDJ7 it used to give one of those warnings "Do you really want to delete this file" - a bit like the "There's already a track playing on this deck, are you sure you want to load another one [Dumbass!]" - and I wondered if it was just no longer there or if I'd inadvertently turned it off.

Posted Thu 28 Jul 16 @ 7:02 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
This is a change microsoft made to windows since windows 8.
If you want to re-enable confirmations before deleting files, right-click the recycle bin, select Properties, and enable the confirmation dialogs.

Posted Thu 28 Jul 16 @ 7:46 am
Oh so its Bill's fault! :-)

Thanks Adion for the heads up. Really useful.

Posted Thu 28 Jul 16 @ 10:26 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)