Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Can you include sms as part of ask.the.dj - Page: 3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I don't understand why you would need the source for that, but no, we can't provide any source code.

Posted Sun 26 Jun 16 @ 10:59 am
sms is now possible with ask.the.dj

After that, don't say we don't listen to our users, even when they are outspoken :p

Posted Wed 29 Jun 16 @ 10:20 pm
Dev staff wrote :

Almost............. Still can't use my sim card with a dongle.

Posted Wed 29 Jun 16 @ 11:32 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
That sounds disgusting... wipe the smile off your face, lol.

Posted Thu 30 Jun 16 @ 12:25 am
Dev staff wrote :

After that, don't say we don't listen to our users, even when they are outspoken :p

Thank you very much :-)

Posted Thu 30 Jun 16 @ 1:05 am
CannenPRO InfinityMember since 2016
In the future, if there is something that you want to integrate, maybe something like this could help.

If this, then that:
https://ifttt.com/

Posted Thu 30 Jun 16 @ 5:11 am
Dev staff wrote :

Discovered that your texting solution is not available in New Zealand as none of the providers do SMS here only voice, as there is no point when we have free SMS.
I am going back to the drawing board try see if I can solve it by populating ask.the.dj in android webview, but it
Still doesn't really solve my problem I would be better off with a plugin that reads a web socket and populates the ask the dj folder.

Posted Thu 30 Jun 16 @ 1:08 pm
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
Almost............. Still can't use my sim card with a dongle.

There are no plans to interface with GSM modems to provide SMS functionality.

Posted Thu 30 Jun 16 @ 4:17 pm
mxkiwi wrote :
Discovered that your texting solution is not available in New Zealand as none of the providers do SMS here only voice, as there is no point when we have free SMS.

There are plenty of web providers of SMS, even in New Zealand. As per the setup page, it's compatible with most online SMS providers. The list provided are just a few examples we have tested with, and the first in the list - twilio - say they do NZ.

SMS is also pretty much free here in the UK, but there are a multitude of online SMS providers since this is a far far far more popular solution than an old GSM based solution.

Posted Thu 30 Jun 16 @ 4:19 pm
SBDJ wrote :
mxkiwi wrote :

There are plenty of web providers of SMS, even in New Zealand. As per the setup page, it's compatible with most online SMS providers. The list provided are just a few examples we have tested with, and the first in the list - twilio - say they do NZ.

SMS is also pretty much free here in the UK, but there are a multitude of online SMS providers since this is a far far far more popular solution than an old GSM based solution.

Twilo only do voice in NZ

Posted Fri 01 Jul 16 @ 4:42 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)