Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NEW] VirtualDJ 8.2 - Page: 4

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Nice work...98% complete....only reworking those side panels remains..but im glad i didnt buy serato

Posted Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 4:32 pm
Hi guys does anybody know how to lock desired pitch for mixing example if I set max for slider 12% of pitch to don't exceed more than 12% pitch I hope you understand? I know is should be in settings but just can't find! Thanks !!!

Posted Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 5:25 pm
Is autoPitchRange what you're after? Set it to off.

Posted Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 5:30 pm
Thanks grovindj I know where it is on v8.1 but in v8.2 can't find

Posted Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 6:59 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Search for it...

Posted Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 8:22 pm
I just want to say real good job on VDJ 8.2 for me everything is working flawlessly the BPM is great now and Timecode too.THANKS

good job VDJ CREW.SALUTE

Posted Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 9:02 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
"The audio engine has been improved" - What elements of the audio engine have been improved and to what extent?

I welcome the changes to the skin but I still feel it needs more improvement and customization options too.

- The image of the waveforms should be improved, they're not as high quality or easy on the eye as those in certain competitors software.
- The color scheme of the skin should be adjustable in-skin within some sensible limits, for example I'd prefer black over the current grey look, but playing outdoors I'd switch to white. Why not have a color scheme slider bar that changes the color scheme in real time (without a skin change/refresh).

Posted Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 9:05 pm
thanks djdad!

Posted Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 9:11 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Good new indeed VDJ TEAM!
Does this means that key detection is good so need to use MixedinKey anymore?

Posted Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 9:14 pm
I must say that master tempo in vdj8.2 is 5 times better than in recordbox, in vdj you can't hear that is something squashed really sound quality, I must say that I have notice on record box on +-10% of pitch recordbox squashing the low frequencies not to hard to notice. I have tested Master tempo vdj8.2 on 12% pitch and recordbox on 10% and vdj8.2 performed 5 times better,smoother.
you guys keep doing the great job!

Posted Wed 08 Jun 16 @ 9:05 am
Please, pretty please, can the colour options be put back how they were in 8.1. When I go to change the colour of a track in 8.2 via Tag Editor, I don't have the option now to enter RGB numbers, just a few colours are shown which means that I won't be able to match to colours I am already using and in turn my filters won't work properly.

Many thanks!

Posted Wed 08 Jun 16 @ 10:11 am
KJ Erkin wrote :
Please, pretty please, can the colour options be put back how they were in 8.1. When I go to change the colour of a track in 8.2 via Tag Editor, I don't have the option now to enter RGB numbers, just a few colours are shown which means that I won't be able to match to colours I am already using and in turn my filters won't work properly.

Many thanks!

Look at this topic:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/210090/General_Discussion/8_2_Full_Color_Palette_reduced_to_a_few_colors___Need_full_Palette_back_.html

Posted Wed 08 Jun 16 @ 10:17 am

Posted Wed 08 Jun 16 @ 10:23 am
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Is it possible to have the option to display Harmonic in Tag Editor? Currently only showing Key.

Posted Wed 08 Jun 16 @ 3:52 pm
Suggestion - At present, Genius DJ only works if you have audio files filter open.
However I use Videos mostly, and keep the audio filter off so I get no suggestions unless I turn the Audio filter back on.
It would be really nice if it worked with videos too.

Posted Wed 08 Jun 16 @ 3:53 pm
bagpuss wrote :
"The audio engine has been improved" - What elements of the audio engine have been improved and to what extent?

I welcome the changes to the skin but I still feel it needs more improvement and customization options too.

- The image of the waveforms should be improved, they're not as high quality or easy on the eye as those in certain competitors software.
- The color scheme of the skin should be adjustable in-skin within some sensible limits, for example I'd prefer black over the current grey look, but playing outdoors I'd switch to white. Why not have a color scheme slider bar that changes the color scheme in real time (without a skin change/refresh).

+1

Posted Wed 08 Jun 16 @ 3:55 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
Nice to see some improvements, great work!

My biggest issue is about the analysis of the files (still dont hit the beats with the grids) and was wondering about this.

"we managed to perfect even more our already top-of-the-line BPM analysis algorithm"

I would like to see an opportunity to change the analysis of files.
Like rekordbox have.. normal or dynamic when some files are not always accurate.
Is this possible in a near future ?

Posted Wed 08 Jun 16 @ 4:26 pm
When I went from VDJ 8 to 8.1 I had a hard time because I use a lot the saved loop option and I did the custom buttons with loop load prepare. When I changed to 8.1 I couldn’t get those saved loops to trigger, every time I clicked the custom button nothing will happen. I took me some time to realize that the properties on the saved loop had different settings and there is an additional parameter in 8.1 (“slot”) that in 8 is not available. I had to add the “slot 1” to all the files that had a saved loop thanks to the support from the guys at Atomix they told me how to do it with an XML editor.
The point is, does anybody now if there is any similar change from 8.1 to 8.2 that will affect my database and affect the function of something. I have an MCX8000 which I was about to return it frustrated because nothing was coming out for the mapping and now I saw the last posts and I see they are moving forward but I don’t want to go to 8.2 until I am sure I won’t encounter something similar like when I went from 8 to 8.1.
Thank you

Posted Wed 08 Jun 16 @ 4:41 pm
freppa wrote :
normal or dynamic

I'd love to see a smarter way of handling tracks with variable BPM. It's so tedious to go through tracks manually and assign anchors.

In this day and age, VDJ should be able to do this automatically.

Posted Wed 08 Jun 16 @ 4:47 pm
fkroselj wrote :
The point is, does anybody now if there is any similar change from 8.1 to 8.2 that will affect my database and affect the function of something. I have an MCX8000 which I was about to return it frustrated because nothing was coming out for the mapping and now I saw the last posts and I see they are moving forward but I don’t want to go to 8.2 until I am sure I won’t encounter something similar like when I went from 8 to 8.1.
Thank you

No, there's no change that will stop your saved loops and hot_cues (or other data) from working as they did on 8.1

PS: There is a "beta" mapper for MCX8000 on add-ons area.
It's "beta" because screens are not supported yet. Everything else is working as it should.
Once we get screens working properly then we will also provide native support without the need of the mapper on add-ons area.

Posted Wed 08 Jun 16 @ 5:14 pm
41%