Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NEW] VirtualDJ 8.2 - Page: 5

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
Is this a skin thing?

When I press to search for the effect I use for editing in that effect, I must go into map where the effect is.
Before I was pointed at the selected effect at once.

Posted Wed 08 Jun 16 @ 6:31 pm
Thanks PahntomDeeJay for your reply on my concern.
Just installed it and everything worked fine.
I want to take this opportunity just to suggest to all of the people who just like to post in these forums to criticize VDJ, then if you’re so unhappy go use the other software and see if they will care about anything you put in their forums, they don’t care and their attitude is “my way or the highway” . I use these forums to put my concerns or ask for help and always found all the help I needed, also I had seen suggestion which the team takes into consideration and implement stuff. So why don’t we put this forum to good use and give the guys at Atomix all the credit they deserve. I use ser..o, rek…...x and eng..e also, by far in my humble opinion, VDJ is the most versatile. You should see in their forums how so many DJ’s are asking for features you find in VDJ, why do you think they had to concede and include “SYNC”. I for one don’t use that but I never trashed VDJ for having it.
Thank you, I’ve been seeing this type of comments for a while and I just needed to take this of my chest.

Posted Thu 09 Jun 16 @ 12:56 am
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
+1

Posted Thu 09 Jun 16 @ 5:37 am
Speaking of SYNC, has 8.2 brought on any improvements to the SYNC button?

Thanks!

Posted Thu 09 Jun 16 @ 5:46 am

I think there is a bug in the security that stop you from putting a new song on a song that is playing live. This is using the keyboard option. You can click cancel but you can't use the tab button and pressing enter to cancel.

Posted Thu 09 Jun 16 @ 12:22 pm
What is the loadSecurity set to in options?

Posted Thu 09 Jun 16 @ 12:46 pm
SuperAceMan wrote :
What is the loadSecurity set to in options?

It's on

Posted Thu 09 Jun 16 @ 2:32 pm
Can you try on the default skin? I am using TAB and it cycles from nothing to OK to Cancel

Posted Thu 09 Jun 16 @ 3:25 pm
SuperAceMan wrote :
Can you try on the default skin? I am using TAB and it cycles from nothing to OK to Cancel

So same thing in the default skin. However, I think I figure the problem. It's not a bug, it seem there change this function. Once it highlight cancel you suppose to press ENTER but it's seem it's now the SPACE BAR. Can this be fix?

Posted Thu 09 Jun 16 @ 4:15 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Reported and will be fixed soon.

Posted Thu 09 Jun 16 @ 9:26 pm
There are still many issues that have not been addressed that I have been encountering since the release date of VDJ 8. The development team cant help, the support team can't help, and I have seen fellow VDJ members having these same issues.

- VDJ does not save any drive you enter under the 'ignore drive' setting. I want to ignore drive C, but it does not save drive C.
- There is occasional popping regardless if I have my decks plugged in or not. VDJ songs also skip when the program is running alone.
- Sometimes when I load a song on the idle deck, the playing deck skips.
- If I set the MotorWheeLock time to anything over .6 seconds, it takes well over 8 seconds for my flip and a/b trim functions to work. If I set the MotorWheelLock time to anything under .6 seconds, there's constant lag and glitching when I hit play and pause.

I've had all of these program across 3 computers

Posted Fri 10 Jun 16 @ 3:19 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
DJ Bertie wrote :
- There is occasional popping regardless if I have my decks plugged in or not. VDJ songs also skip when the program is running alone.

This suggests an issue with your systems - playback shouldn't skip like that and doesn't for almost every other user. It suggests either a setup issue or a latency issue with your systems.

Your best bet is to work with support to resolve those issues and perhaps that will sort your motorwheel issues. If basic playback doesn't work then you've got no chance of motorwheels working smoothly.

Posted Fri 10 Jun 16 @ 3:29 pm
SBDJ wrote :
DJ Bertie wrote :

This suggests an issue with your systems - playback shouldn't skip like that and doesn't for almost every other user. It suggests either a setup issue or a latency issue with your systems.

Your best bet is to work with support to resolve those issues and perhaps that will sort your motorwheel issues. If basic playback doesn't work then you've got no chance of motorwheels working smoothly.

I completely agree it sounds like a system problem, but not when I've had the same issues on more than one computer. I've also done multiple system restores, which helped nothing. Also, the skipping happens when my decks and mixer aren't even plugged in! It happens when the program is running alone!

As far as support goes, I got a pretty clear cut answer from them. "It's impossible on their end to help me", look....

Posted Fri 10 Jun 16 @ 3:37 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Thats regarding your motorwheel issues.

You need to get basic playback without anything working first. The fact that skips (which it doesn't for everyone else) points to another issue and one you need to get resolved before trying to fix more advanced issues.

Posted Fri 10 Jun 16 @ 3:50 pm
I see improvements, but still do not see the change of parametric EQ that cuts still wrong. regards

Posted Fri 10 Jun 16 @ 3:52 pm
hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
thank you! i hated having to tell the program that yes, i want to put a new track on and click ok. and was wondering if there was a way to change it. cool.

Posted Sat 11 Jun 16 @ 6:58 am
Thank for the awesome VDJ 8.2 update. However there's a few bugs on DDJSX2 controller. 1st Needle search & 2nd Vinyl/CDJ toggle, Deck 1 didn't work but Deck 2 OK. 3rd hot cues set snapped to grid instead of desire point, not exactly where I wanted. This happened even I disabled smart play & smart cue. Does anyone out there faced the same problems?

Posted Sat 11 Jun 16 @ 7:40 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
djalfred66 wrote :
1st Needle search

Needle Search will only work if the deck is not playing out live. This is a security added in the mapping to avoid accidental skip - e.g. when you control the Effects and your hand is very near to the Needle Search.
SHIFT+NEEDLE SEARCH will always work regardless if the track is playing out or not.

djalfred66 wrote :
2nd Vinyl/CDJ toggle

We made a change/fix, available in next update, but this will reflect only to the factory default mapping. In case you are using a custom one, goto Controllers tab of Settings, press SHIFT+SLIP (the VInyl button) and assign the Key you will get in the Key Learn box as vinyl_mode

djalfred66 wrote :
3rd hot cues set snapped to grid instead of desire point, not exactly where I wanted. This happened even I disabled smart play & smart cue. Does anyone out there faced the same problems?

If they are triggered correctly and the issue is that they are snapped to the nearest beat when assigned/set, then probably you have enabled the QuantizeSetcue setting.

Posted Sat 11 Jun 16 @ 7:52 am
Hi DJDAD, Thank you to all the solutions and tips...big hug. You have a nice day.

djdad wrote :
djalfred66 wrote :
1st Needle search

Needle Search will only work if the deck is not playing out live. This is a security added in the mapping to avoid accidental skip - e.g. when you control the Effects and your hand is very near to the Needle Search.
SHIFT+NEEDLE SEARCH will always work regardless if the track is playing out or not.

djalfred66 wrote :
2nd Vinyl/CDJ toggle

We made a change/fix, available in next update, but this will reflect only to the factory default mapping. In case you are using a custom one, goto Controllers tab of Settings, press SHIFT+SLIP (the VInyl button) and assign the Key you will get in the Key Learn box as vinyl_mode

djalfred66 wrote :
3rd hot cues set snapped to grid instead of desire point, not exactly where I wanted. This happened even I disabled smart play & smart cue. Does anyone out there faced the same problems?

If they are triggered correctly and the issue is that they are snapped to the nearest beat when assigned/set, then probably you have enabled the QuantizeSetcue setting.

Posted Sat 11 Jun 16 @ 8:07 am
New bug for version 8.2

When using Tag Editor and editing multiple tags at once,, Everything freezes including video output until all tags are done being edited..
This did not happen in the previous version. Video output was unaffected.

Thanks,

DJ James

Posted Sat 11 Jun 16 @ 7:32 pm
52%