Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NEW] VirtualDJ 8.2 - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

A good DJ should be reading his or her crowd not reading their tweets

Posted Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 8:15 pm
Agree, however one of my venues is a large bowling alley and in that circumstance the tweet a request works very well and has done for some time.

Posted Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 8:23 pm
I have vci400, I have loops/sampler/cues/freezeslicer...how do i get the section in vdj to switch to the mode i selected?

Posted Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 8:40 pm
Vestax VCI-400 has not been updated to use the new pads system yet.
In order to use the new pads system you either have to wait until we update the unit, or change the mapper by your own.

Posted Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 8:50 pm
Any docs on the new karaoke functions yet?

Edit: Never mind, figured them out. Still has a long way to go. The problem is that the singers name is deleted after the song is ejected losing the rotation.

Posted Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 9:41 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Vestax VCI-400 has not been updated to use the new pads system yet.
In order to use the new pads system you either have to wait until we update the unit, or change the mapper by your own.

Can you guide me cause i just want the pads on screen to coincide with my custom mapping, or should i seek out ol' Locodog since he helped my map it...

Posted Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 10:00 pm
wmorgan12 wrote :

A good DJ can read the crowd, take twitter request, go live on facebook and snapchat....

Posted Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 10:01 pm
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
wmorgan12 wrote :

A good DJ can read the crowd, take twitter request, go live on facebook and snapchat....

And it's not only for requests, either. Can be used for anything.

Posted Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 10:03 pm
if you are getting loads of requests , etc , then you are simply not playing the right music you need to watch the crowd

any way this is about the new 8.2 vdj

Posted Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 11:21 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
BigDawgProductions wrote :
Edit: Never mind, figured them out. Still has a long way to go. The problem is that the singers name is deleted after the song is ejected losing the rotation.

Any steps to replicate this?

Posted Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 11:40 pm
wmorgan12 wrote :
if you are getting loads of requests , etc , then you are simply not playing the right music you need to watch the crowd

Well i take request and throw them over in the sidelist, thats also part of reading the crowd....and since no DJ everything actually has everything, ya might hear something good....

wmorgan12 wrote :
any way this is about the new 8.2 vdj

Well you made the statement,

Posted Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 11:56 pm
SBDJ wrote :

Any steps to replicate this?

Ad song/singer to list, start karaoke, go on to next song, when you switch to the new song, the previous song/singer is removed from the karaoke list.

Posted Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 12:59 am
MrJackson2014 wrote :
Updated right now to 8.2 to find out the sampler output is really crappy shen synced to mastertempo.
Lots of crackles now ... were rock solid before updating. Have to downgrade again .....

Any comments about this? I can't be the only one having this new issue. Or everyone is too busy to get their twitter accounts to work? LOL

Posted Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 5:13 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Ad song/singer to list, start karaoke, go on to next song, when you switch to the new song, the previous song/singer is removed from the karaoke list.

Of course, they have sung, they are now part of the history not the upcoming rotation. The top of the list is the next singer.

You can see them - including the singer - in your history, and they are also additionally indexed by singer in your history too.

Posted Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 8:01 am
Looking back at history to maintain a karaoke rotation is a lot of extra work. It is needed to keep the songs in the karaoke list even after they have been played. Also, there needs to be a way of tracking singers history. I thought this was promised in the next release.

Posted Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 2:39 pm
Once a karaoke track has been labeled with a singer and completed in a deck, the singer will appear in the Karaoke history (nested in the History folder).

Posted Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 3:03 pm
It would have really helped if a user manual for 8.2 was available along with the release to highlight many of the new features.

It's a bit unprofessional releasing a major update then leaving people to figure things like this, database export and ask the DJ out for themselves. If you need someone to compose the manuals I will do it (for a fee of course).

Also strange it's "early access" as I thought that had been replaced by recruiting people for the beta testing program?

Posted Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 3:09 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I'm eager to combine vdj karaoke plugin in my show but as it is it seems the way it works is a case of a "that will do" then rather a "that is the best" for a user.

Will someone please take a look at Karma and see how that works and get an idea how a karaoke software should be planned and be an instant success with it's users. This piece meal approach that has being going on for years now really needs to be addressed not just for the users but also for the development team who must be sick to death of how much it gets slammed.

PCDJ had an outstanding karaoke plugin and the guy that developed that has been here for a few year now, so knows what it's all about.

I would offer that the history be part of the gui, this way you can see rotation and how many times someone has already been up to sing, so if a new singer has a request you can bump or dump whoever you want on the list.

Posted Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 3:46 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
kradcliffe wrote :
It would have really helped if a user manual for 8.2 was available along with the release to highlight many of the new features.

It's a bit unprofessional releasing a major update then leaving people to figure things like this, database export and ask the DJ out for themselves. If you need someone to compose the manuals I will do it (for a fee of course).

Also strange it's "early access" as I thought that had been replaced by recruiting people for the beta testing program?

That's what 'early access' means. You get a sneak peek at the new features while we are finishing up the manual and making some adjustments based on user feedback.

Posted Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 4:18 pm
The karaoke portion has been done by DJs not KJs. Any KJ running a large show knows how important it is to keep up with the list of singers. The way it works now does not allow you any way to keep up with the singer rotation, it only allows you to put a name with the song. A much more ideal way would be to enter singers name in karaoke list and drag songs to singer allowing you to keep singer order or drag to order you want. Use colors to show: whether singer has songs in cue, is new singer, ...
In a perfect world you would be able to pull up a dropbox off each singer showing history and such. It would also allow you to setup key changes that happen when singer is engaged.
Rusty

Posted Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 4:30 pm
31%