Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Maya 44 usb Windows 10

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Anyone find a workaround for getting Maya44 usb to work with Windows 10? Maya is no longer updating drivers for Windows 10. The Odd thing is that for about 3 weeks the card worked fine with Windows 10 and then abruptly stopped working. Thanks in advance.....p.s. I know it's an old card but it still works.

Posted Tue 24 May 16 @ 4:31 pm
You are right, this is an old card, and it is NOT working for you at the moment. I would suggest that you do some more research to see if this card is working for anyone with Win 10. What does their site or forum say? Maybe there is a fix available, but if not it may be time to move on. This just reminded me that I have this card in my backup case in the car. I have not used this card in such a long time, because I now have multiple controllers as back up. I need to let this card go,

Posted Tue 24 May 16 @ 6:11 pm

Posted Tue 24 May 16 @ 6:18 pm
They have a driver for the PCI card not the USB. AMAHM..of course I googled it before asking here and went on ESI site. There's nothing out there discussing it. This is just a card I use for home audio and it suits the purpose fine or did I should say. I haven't tried the PCI drivers, maybe I'll get lucky and that will work. I was curious if someone here had been down the road and found a fix hence the post here. Thanks.

Posted Tue 24 May 16 @ 7:19 pm
Oh yeah, sorry ... never noticed that. Seems a bit strange they would support one but not the other.

And it's also stupid calling two products with different interfaces by the same name.

Posted Tue 24 May 16 @ 7:23 pm
I see my Gigaport AG is not supported either, so that has to go also. This happened with my video capture device, when I went to Win 7, I had to buy a new one. So guess what, I will have to check if it will be supported, before I go to Win 10. Hey, you can't blame them, they have to eat also. I just raise my prices.

Posted Tue 24 May 16 @ 7:36 pm
Just installed this (Maya44 USB) on my buddies Win10 machine last night and all was good with Traktor pro and timecodes (don't ask and I wont tell), lol!!

Win10 is junk, I went back to 8.1 after 72 hours of pure hell. Roll back if you can

Posted Tue 24 May 16 @ 7:59 pm

Posted Tue 24 May 16 @ 8:02 pm
I've still got a MAYA 44 USB and have used it on a Windows 10 laptop - see this thread.

EDIT - interesting point about the + model. According to this page the new driver can be used by the old interface.

"you might be interested to know that the MAYA44 USB+ driver can actually be used and installed for the older model MAYA44 USB as well."

Posted Tue 24 May 16 @ 8:03 pm
Thanks folks. I didn't see that note on the + model. Will give it a try.

Posted Thu 26 May 16 @ 5:10 pm
Hi, I use only my laptop and an external sound card only with VDJ pro basic since 2013. In July 2018 I changed cards from Numark DJ IO to MAYA44 USB+. My problem is now that i am using the MAYA card the pitch of the music has increased, when i disconnect the card the pitch is correct. "Please help anyone" Thanks in advance.
Mervyn.

Posted Sun 19 Aug 18 @ 3:06 pm
kjdj99PRO InfinityMember since 2009
mj vibes wrote :
Hi, I use only my laptop and an external sound card only with VDJ pro basic since 2013. In July 2018 I changed cards from Numark DJ IO to MAYA44 USB+. My problem is now that i am using the MAYA card the pitch of the music has increased, when i disconnect the card the pitch is correct. "Please help anyone" Thanks in advance.
Mervyn.

Make sure Basic supports external sound cards, if it does...

I've had that issue before with other cards.
You would need to tweak the ASIO sample rate in the VDJ to better match the card. Once you find the sweet spot, make sure you save the profile in VDJ so you don't have to tweak every time you power up.

Posted Sat 25 Aug 18 @ 6:52 pm
Hi KJ, thanks for the info, i now understand how to get the MAYA44USB to work properly. Can you please tell me how to save the MAYA profile in VDJ, I think this is my problem. When i am playing, if i minimize vdj and open my library, then go back to vdj the pitch increases again, to get back the correct pitch i have to go to the VDJ settings and open the Config. Window and in the Audio Settings click the Apply botton, then the pitch returns to normal. This happens every time. It appears that the MAYA settings is not locking in VDJ. You mention saving the MAYA profile in VDJ. If you believe this would help, can you please tell me how to save the PROFILE in VDJ.
Thanks again.
Mervyn.

Posted Mon 03 Sep 18 @ 12:04 pm
ofutaHome userMember since 2018
hi,bro,please tell me how to make maya44usb work on win10

Posted Thu 06 Sep 18 @ 3:34 pm
Hi Ofuta,
This is what I have been using. My only problem that still exist is the stability of my MAYA44USB+ where the pitch increases even if I plug in my phone to charge while playing music, which i have mention in my previous post.
Good luck bro. I hope it works for you.

http://download.esi-audio.com/?w=esi&p=82&g=2&l=en&os=20

Mervyn

Posted Fri 07 Sep 18 @ 4:36 pm
ofutaHome userMember since 2018
thank bro

Posted Sat 08 Sep 18 @ 12:50 pm
djej wrote :
Anyone find a workaround for getting Maya44 usb to work with Windows 10? Maya is no longer updating drivers for Windows 10. The Odd thing is that for about 3 weeks the card worked fine with Windows 10 and then abruptly stopped working. Thanks in advance.....p.s. I know it's an old card but it still works.

I also have the ESI Maya 44 USB, it runs perfectly on Windows 10, you have to load and install the Windows 10 USB driver from the ESI Maya44 + USB.

Posted Thu 02 Apr 20 @ 6:53 pm
You're replying to a post from 2016......and I had already mentioned about the + driver.

Posted Thu 02 Apr 20 @ 9:00 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)