Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: SilverSleek #3 - Page: 6

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Has development stopped?

I'm missing in #3 the Beatskeeper and the Beatsmarker (every 16 beats - like in #2)
and also the numbers of Cue points as marker in the waveform of the deck.

groovy greetings

Posted Thu 16 Mar 17 @ 7:07 am
No development hasn't stopped. However I don't see much room for improvements on current version, plus I'm working on a few other projects (a new skin is among them btw)

Anyway I shall see if I can add these two features in.

Posted Fri 17 Mar 17 @ 7:54 am
Thanks for response.
In your first screenshot from April 2016 the beatskeeper already was included.
Now the question ist, am I to stupid to activate it, or it was removed in later build?

Posted Fri 17 Mar 17 @ 9:32 am
It has been removed since and currently it's visible only on certain Central Panels (like 4 decks audio mixer full)
I'll check if I can add it back as a global option on next update

Posted Fri 17 Mar 17 @ 10:28 am
Thanks a lot.
I use 2 Deck Skin.

Posted Fri 17 Mar 17 @ 11:22 am
Beatsmarker every 32 beats ;-) (every 16 beats would be overloaded in the wave)

Posted Fri 17 Mar 17 @ 4:27 pm
@Phantom, could I get my skin modded so that every time i set a cue its the color I want instead of always have to open the editor ??

You can PM if you want.

Posted Mon 20 Mar 17 @ 11:10 am
can a script help assign to a button/keyboard ?

set_cue (select what cue # you want) & cue_color (what cue # you use) '(what color you want)'

ex:

set_cue 3 & cue_color 3 'pink'

Posted Tue 21 Mar 17 @ 4:01 pm
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
@Phantom, could I get my skin modded so that every time i set a cue its the color I want instead of always have to open the editor ??

You can PM if you want.

Yes you can mod the skin but I think it would be better to create a custom "hotcues" pad page and use that instead.
Latest version of SilverSleek fully supports pad pages instead of "custom pages" like previous versions did.
Therefore the buttons on the skin now (including colors, text, e.t.c.) behave according to the selected pad page.

Posted Tue 21 Mar 17 @ 4:12 pm
The Magic.DJ wrote :
can a script help assign to a button/keyboard ?

set_cue (select what cue # you want) & cue_color (what cue # you use) '(what color you want)'

ex:

set_cue 3 & cue_color 3 'pink'

I guess you didn't try what you typed, right ?
Because the answer is yes, and the code is exactly as you typed it! ;)

Posted Tue 21 Mar 17 @ 4:14 pm
that was a suggestion to the Sound Insurgent (I use this code myself).

Posted Tue 21 Mar 17 @ 6:55 pm
For a custom hotcues pad page I would use this script on the pads:

hot_cue 1 ? hot_cue 1 : hot_cue 1 & cue_color 1 'red'

Posted Tue 21 Mar 17 @ 7:17 pm
Hello,
are there any NEWS about Beatsmarker (every 32 Beats) ?
Best Regards

Posted Mon 24 Apr 17 @ 9:20 am
George, everyone knows I love this skin and it's all I use but I have 1 request.

Is there anyway I could get a white version of this skin??

Reason I'm asking for a white version is because my entire setup is white. My turntables, mixer, SP1 even my Crane stands are white, lol!

Posted Mon 24 Jul 17 @ 2:15 pm
It would be possible, yes, but your eyes would hurt after a long nigh usage even if you dimmed your monitor all the way to down to minimum.
I wanted to make a white version of it mostly for daylight events, but never got to finish it.
Perhaps I will revisit the project during my vacations

Posted Mon 24 Jul 17 @ 2:24 pm
Ok cool.

Posted Mon 24 Jul 17 @ 3:12 pm
There are some pics of a white version on the first page of this thread....

Posted Mon 24 Jul 17 @ 5:03 pm
Oh and another thing, I still haven't forgot about the companion skin.

Maybe have the basic controls on the main skin and then for the iPad (remote skin) have all the fxs, loops, sampler blah blah stuff on that in the SliverSleek style.

That would be awesome!

Posted Mon 24 Jul 17 @ 5:26 pm
A white version of SS3 is not too hard to create.

After reading your post, I had a mess with the XML and made a white/daylight version. Basically, white skin background & white browser. A few tweaks needed here and there maybe (text colour, browser icons) but nothing too time consuming.

Maybe George would permit me to modify it for you?

Posted Mon 24 Jul 17 @ 6:05 pm
Sure... As long as it's a private skin (not published for download) I'm ok with any modifications...

PS: SilverSleek 3 was in fact coded in such a way that it would allow a daylight version without much hassle...
I have an experimental white/daylight version sitting here, but I don't quite like how waveforms look on white/gray background and that's why I never spent the time to finish it...

Edit:
Some PR stuff:
The new skin I'm creating the last few months (Sliver Remix) is coded for both night and day views at the same time. Once finished, the only difference in the XML code between night and day views will be the browser colors definition.
All the other stuff will be the same and the "daylight" effect will come from the graphics file

Posted Mon 24 Jul 17 @ 6:20 pm
89%