Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Dennon DJ MCX8000 x Virtual DJ - Page: 4

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
mp3jrick wrote :

I just have to wonder when the Dj MCX8000 II is gonna get released, cause that has always been the trend and stone crusher then minute the defects appear ie: VMS-2, NS7-2, MC 6000 II and so on.
And THAT is why I settled into Pioineer CDJ's to end the madness

CDJs are great because they hold their value well. But I do find Pioneer are just as guilty at this, they like to spoon feed features through updated models in the hope that their fanboys will "upgrade" every year.

Posted Mon 25 Apr 16 @ 11:36 pm
Still waiting for the mapping but have discovered a problem using the Engine stand alone software .....

Beware!!!!

If you are loading a deck from your external hard drive and it is taking too long, the music playing on the other deck will begin to slow down the pitch to a crawl until the other deck finally loads..
I am not sure why it's doing this. Perhaps the hard drive needs to spin up and that causes the loading delay, but that should not effect the other deck's pitch and make the song slow down..

I am using a 1TB external drive formatted with FAT32.

DJ James

Posted Tue 26 Apr 16 @ 3:24 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
bagpuss wrote :

CDJs are great because they hold their value well. But I do find Pioneer are just as guilty at this, they like to spoon feed features through updated models in the hope that their fanboys will "upgrade" every year.

The feature wars are real and driven by $$$, yes.
But what I am talking about is the traditional first run failures of devices that are fixed with a 2 behind the model the following model year.
Take the VMS and DN6k who somehow copied the problem with the mic channel distortion rendering them both worthless.

Posted Tue 26 Apr 16 @ 9:42 am
The MC6000 mic problem is sorted with an in-line attenuator to cut the signal by 10db. Costs a small amount of money and works perfectly. The MK2 had less features and no proper dual channel sound card so it was inferior (to fit the Serato BOM) and not really even the same controller.

The VMS4 was just horrible full stop, nothing could make that a decent controller in any way.

Posted Tue 26 Apr 16 @ 10:17 am
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I put an attenuator on my mics regardless of it's needed or not. I find that it makes the mics sound a little warmer. The ones that I use are by Hosa, which have a switch that selects between -20, -30, -40db. I have a bunch of different wireless mics and each of them requires a different level of reduction.

Requires no additional power and adds seconds to the set up.

Posted Tue 26 Apr 16 @ 1:32 pm

Posted Sat 30 Apr 16 @ 1:32 am
clubtPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Is that the mapper? How do we install it?

Posted Sun 01 May 16 @ 2:39 pm
That's not the mapper, it's a list of the midi commands in a document.

Posted Sun 01 May 16 @ 5:49 pm
It is the mappin. With that Virtual Dj team can make that map.

Posted Sun 01 May 16 @ 8:43 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
It doesn't contain all the information required, for example nothing about the screens.

Posted Sun 01 May 16 @ 9:17 pm
SBDJ wrote :
It doesn't contain all the information required, for example nothing about the screens.

Screens might take a while. I'd be happy if they can release mapping without the screens immediately so that I can use my controller with
my laptop. I can update the mapping later to include the screens as soon as that is working.

Unless they are really close to a release with the screens.

Posted Mon 02 May 16 @ 1:07 am
It..............................is.........................not...............................ready.........................yet. When it's ready, they will release it.

Posted Mon 02 May 16 @ 2:56 am
Seems a bit odd to me that people have gone out and bought a unit that's specifically designed to be used on its own, then they're here on a daily basis asking about the mapping for VDJ...

Surely you guys knew when you purchased it that the USP was standalone use? That it shipped with Serato DJ? That VDJ did not support it because it was a brand new product?

There's even a statement by Denon on the MCX8000 FAQ page that it's designed for Serato DJ, and although it can be mapped to other software, the screens are not part of that.

Be patient. When it's ready, it'll be made available.

Posted Mon 02 May 16 @ 4:58 pm
I think part of the problem here is that VDJ in the past has supported pretty much every controller in a short period of time. The assumption is that still happens and it doesn't.

With Pioneer and others "locking" the controllers with proprietary protocols and the mappings being far more complex it is now taking time for controllers to be supported if at all.

Things have now changed and the assumption that VDJ will support a controller instantly is not true any more. If VDJ is your software of choice then you really need to look at things in a lot more detail than before.

Posted Mon 02 May 16 @ 5:16 pm
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
It's more of the complexity of the controllers. If you are talking about a controller which has typical functionality (ie. Denon MC6000MK2, MC4000 or the Pioneer SX2, SZ, etc.), then I would have to assume that development is rather quick, since it's trivial to get the midi codes and map them to existing functionality. (Probably just a few days.)

When you are talking about a controller which is that _and_ more, such as offers displays, etc., that is an entirely different game. The displays on the MCX8000 are USB-based displays and I was able to write a small export for VLC which allows movies to be output on them. (Totally useless, however it was a fun exercise as I never did it.)

Posted Mon 02 May 16 @ 7:24 pm
dcomo wrote :
The displays on the MCX8000 are USB-based displays and I was able to write a small export for VLC which allows movies to be output on them. (Totally useless, however it was a fun exercise as I never did it.)

This is not useless by far!!

If this could be done with the Numark dashboard I would want my master video output on the center screen or be able to flip from library view and video output mode.

Then the other screens would be used for decks 1&2.

I suppose the 8000 would work as well but I'm not interested in this unit anymore but the dashboard with my 4000 would be sweet especially if the video could show on them

And if you can do it in sure the Atomix team could do it

Posted Mon 02 May 16 @ 9:05 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
It seems odd that after such a long relationship with Numark and Denon right down to Numark having their own branded version of VDJ that we have run into a wall of "proprietary" info and device software.

Posted Tue 03 May 16 @ 10:57 am
Part of the thing was that they used the popularity of VDJ and the LE versions to sell their controllers. Atomix supplied the LE versions then got a cut when the user upgraded to Pro (which most probably did). Now the boot is on the other foot and they have developed their own interface VDJ isn't needed any more and has effectively been dumped. Same thing has happened to NI traktor by the looks of it.

It will probably get to the point where when you buy a "pro" controller you will have the choice of Rekordbox, Engine or Serato software only, a bit like iOS and Android on phones. Personally I think that stinks but we can't deny it's coming ......

Posted Tue 03 May 16 @ 11:22 am
TRUE ! ! !

Posted Tue 03 May 16 @ 5:33 pm
It will never happen. I don't know what is going on behind closed doors, and really don't care or lose sleep over it. I was a DJ before controllers, and will be a DJ if they never make another controller. What I do know is, no successful business overlooks large groups of potential customers, it just does not happen. I can't speak for the rest of you, but I am in charge of the money in my pocket. I spend my money, on products that work for me. I am not easily swayed by all the shiny stuff. I am not a little kid watching Saturday morning cartoons, falling for all the toy commercials.

I use Virtual DJ, and I like it. I know about all the other options and this is the choice for me. If you do not make a controller that will work with the software I use, YOU WILL NOT GET MY MONEY. I think that is very easy to understand. This is not some new concept. This is in every aspect of my life. I don't care how many stars the Honda Odyssey gets, they will not get my money until they have fold in the floor seats. period. I have never own a pair of Nikes, or an Apple product. Why, because they don't work for me. I bought a used MC6000 a couple of months ago, and I am looking at another used one (I never sent the first one in for service, and just deal with it). I like this controller and not the MK2 version.

I really looked at the MC8000, but it has some things I don't know if I can live with. (1) I hate mirrored controllers,. (2) I really, really, really hate the @#$%^%^ power adapters. I might be able to live with those two but, (3) IT DOES NOT SUPPORT THE SOFTWARE I USE. If the team gets it to fully work, I may consider it. Again, no one forces me to buy anything, and I will not stay up all night wondering if Denon or any other company is willing to work with VDJ. It is their loss, not mine.

Posted Wed 04 May 16 @ 9:23 pm
39%